Rocksolid Light

Welcome to novaBBS (click a section below)

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!


tech / rec.audio.pro / Re: Anyone know how this was done?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone know how this was done?palli...@gmail.com
+- Re: Anyone know how this was done?Don Pearce
+* Re: Anyone know how this was done?Scott Dorsey
|+* Re: Anyone know how this was done?Don Pearce
||`- Re: Anyone know how this was done?geoff
|+* Re: Anyone know how this was done?palli...@gmail.com
||`- Re: Anyone know how this was done?geoff
|`- Re: Anyone know how this was done?Orlando Enrique Fiol
`* Re: Anyone know how this was done?Orlando Enrique Fiol
 `* Re: Anyone know how this was done?John Williamson
  `- Re: Anyone know how this was done?Matt Faunce

1
Anyone know how this was done?

<7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1761&group=rec.audio.pro#1761

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
X-Received: by 2002:a05:622a:1983:b0:304:f190:1739 with SMTP id u3-20020a05622a198300b00304f1901739mr8118710qtc.382.1655289948023;
Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:ac8:5a88:0:b0:305:1e72:c50c with SMTP id
c8-20020ac85a88000000b003051e72c50cmr7950155qtc.686.1655289947817; Wed, 15
Jun 2022 03:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.blueworldhosting.com!feed1.usenet.blueworldhosting.com!peer02.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=220.240.213.74; posting-account=B_tJMAoAAAAmar-1r2H3x4CMhbFEou3n
NNTP-Posting-Host: 220.240.213.74
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Anyone know how this was done?
From: palliso...@gmail.com (palli...@gmail.com)
Injection-Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 10:45:48 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
X-Received-Bytes: 1244
 by: palli...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 10:45 UTC

Hi,

Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1

...... Phil

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<62aad679.23067687@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1763&group=rec.audio.pro#1763

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: spa...@spam.com (Don Pearce)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 12:57:01 GMT
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 20
Message-ID: <62aad679.23067687@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="941ed44b4db387c7af2258bb63706896";
logging-data="32549"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18Qra6TB9X3jHKrXZHFH8TculYCBqONFO0="
Cancel-Lock: sha1:/L+KzIGhhszh2o7S+dlgAh6xVm0=
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.5/32.451
 by: Don Pearce - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 12:57 UTC

On Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:45:47 -0700 (PDT), "palli...@gmail.com"
<pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1
>
>
>
>..... Phil

What is the problem you are seeing here? Apart from poor old Carlos
playing sharp as usual. This looks like a run-of-the-mill "record your
part and pass it on" deal. No doubt it started with a click and a
guide track that didn't get into the final cut. It certainly bears all
the hallmarks - very wooden and no chemistry.

d

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1765&group=rec.audio.pro#1765

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!panix!.POSTED.panix2.panix.com!panix2.panix.com!not-for-mail
From: klu...@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: 15 Jun 2022 14:32:34 -0000
Organization: Former users of Netcom shell (1989-2000)
Lines: 22
Message-ID: <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
Injection-Info: reader1.panix.com; posting-host="panix2.panix.com:166.84.1.2";
logging-data="15372"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@panix.com"
 by: Scott Dorsey - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 14:32 UTC

In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>,
palli...@gmail.com <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1

Playing for Change has done hundreds of recordings like this, all with a laptop
and interface carried around the world. There is some "making of" propaganda
at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4bXR0By-g

It's a little light on technical details. I don't know if they were using a
click or if they started with percussion or if they started with a lead guitar
and then got percussionists who could match to the guitar track. From the
sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.
--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<62acfdc5.33128328@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1767&group=rec.audio.pro#1767

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: spa...@spam.com (Don Pearce)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 15:42:33 GMT
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 25
Message-ID: <62acfdc5.33128328@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com> <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: reader02.eternal-september.org; posting-host="941ed44b4db387c7af2258bb63706896";
logging-data="10011"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+wSBKHnlscyHmseU7pD+3fbH/GIXA9V9A="
Cancel-Lock: sha1:ng2ytw/nvYpxbi3NMlWaEyolNr0=
X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 1.5/32.451
 by: Don Pearce - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 15:42 UTC

On 15 Jun 2022 14:32:34 -0000, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>,
>palli...@gmail.com <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
>>
>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1
>
>Playing for Change has done hundreds of recordings like this, all with a laptop
>and interface carried around the world. There is some "making of" propaganda
>at:
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4bXR0By-g
>
>It's a little light on technical details. I don't know if they were using a
>click or if they started with percussion or if they started with a lead guitar
>and then got percussionists who could match to the guitar track. From the
>sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.
>--scott

Time alignment can be done pretty well in post using Melodyne.

d

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<s5adndId06_fzjf_nZ2dnUU7-ePNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1768&group=rec.audio.pro#1768

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:46:42 -0500
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 09:46:38 +1200
MIME-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.10.0
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Content-Language: en-NZ
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
<t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
<62acfdc5.33128328@news.eternal-september.org>
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
In-Reply-To: <62acfdc5.33128328@news.eternal-september.org>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <s5adndId06_fzjf_nZ2dnUU7-ePNnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 37
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-CSmGzmse0jn75qUv+KmgnZBNOaiUD9MeSJgdiUGo3UK9YVm4KpoV+aizQknCCxK62sWong/1H6pQvto!vF1T4G0z4rKYJEhviBWgJQbfeBK/yS4athjdfUTd11kia9snkEDjpJSW4SIcHSN1O6q2GbZQpzbZ
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2760
 by: geoff - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 21:46 UTC

On 16/06/2022 3:42 am, Don Pearce wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2022 14:32:34 -0000, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>> In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>,
>> palli...@gmail.com <pallison49@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1
>>
>> Playing for Change has done hundreds of recordings like this, all with a laptop
>> and interface carried around the world. There is some "making of" propaganda
>> at:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4bXR0By-g
>>
>> It's a little light on technical details. I don't know if they were using a
>> click or if they started with percussion or if they started with a lead guitar
>> and then got percussionists who could match to the guitar track. From the
>> sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.
>> --scott
>
> Time alignment can be done pretty well in post using Melodyne.
>
> d

Of course pretty much any DAW can do simple time-alignment of tracks
with a drag of a mouse.

Melodyne can do it in a more sophisticated way, stand-alone or as a
plug-in, not to mention pitch and phrasing aspects. Can't imagine that
Playing For Change would be using anything but the best, Melodyne or
equivalent ...

geoff

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<48b6afd9-7856-4237-9e60-ea641b986e39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1769&group=rec.audio.pro#1769

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
X-Received: by 2002:adf:e782:0:b0:219:f719:216c with SMTP id n2-20020adfe782000000b00219f719216cmr1931315wrm.613.1655334401997;
Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 2002:a05:620a:198b:b0:6a6:cdec:d5cf with SMTP id
bm11-20020a05620a198b00b006a6cdecd5cfmr1596012qkb.71.1655334401707; Wed, 15
Jun 2022 16:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!209.85.128.88.MISMATCH!news-out.google.com!nntp.google.com!postnews.google.com!google-groups.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 16:06:41 -0700 (PDT)
In-Reply-To: <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
Injection-Info: google-groups.googlegroups.com; posting-host=220.240.214.244; posting-account=B_tJMAoAAAAmar-1r2H3x4CMhbFEou3n
NNTP-Posting-Host: 220.240.214.244
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com> <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
User-Agent: G2/1.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
Message-ID: <48b6afd9-7856-4237-9e60-ea641b986e39n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
From: palliso...@gmail.com (palli...@gmail.com)
Injection-Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 23:06:41 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
 by: palli...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 23:06 UTC

Scott Dorsey wrote:
========================
>
> >
> >Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries.
>> Not all really playing at the same time ?
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1
>
> Playing for Change has done hundreds of recordings like this, all with a laptop
> and interface carried around the world. There is some "making of" propaganda
> at:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4bXR0By-g

** Thanks for the link - could have guessed but would rather know.

> It's a little light on technical details. I don't know if they were using a
> click or if they started with percussion or if they started with a lead guitar
> and then got percussionists who could match to the guitar track. From the
> sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.

** Seems like lot of " virtue signalling" is going on.
Pretending to be on the side of the angels stuff.

But how about the hidden message?

" Stay where you are, don't come over here and we'll let you know if we ever need you ".

....... Phil

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<mpmdna9JP9bHCzf_nZ2dnUU7-V2dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=1771&group=rec.audio.pro#1771

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!news.misty.com!border2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 21:32:57 -0500
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2022 14:32:57 +1200
MIME-Version: 1.0
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/91.10.0
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Content-Language: en-NZ
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
<t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
<48b6afd9-7856-4237-9e60-ea641b986e39n@googlegroups.com>
From: geo...@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
In-Reply-To: <48b6afd9-7856-4237-9e60-ea641b986e39n@googlegroups.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Message-ID: <mpmdna9JP9bHCzf_nZ2dnUU7-V2dnZ2d@giganews.com>
Lines: 38
X-Usenet-Provider: http://www.giganews.com
X-Trace: sv3-S4Y5KIMMXx4xAMbHm+HBAswwKGr0GLvXLY9kTDsGBG23qNMFm2+DAOFOsvkpGjxQoUfafqXpH/f6UyA!5pZ4Yzl5uoFxiGYg8/kMWvLON5F314ULEr3dRX2G5kvIiWYmoYJpuEptKBABUL3yJwxM6nqytF5m
X-Complaints-To: abuse@giganews.com
X-DMCA-Notifications: http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers
X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly
X-Postfilter: 1.3.40
X-Original-Bytes: 2629
 by: geoff - Thu, 16 Jun 2022 02:32 UTC

On 16/06/2022 11:06 am, palli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Scott Dorsey wrote:
> ========================
>>
>>>
>>> Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many others in various countries.
>>> Not all really playing at the same time ?
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZW8U9bbmM&list=RDNJZW8U9bbmM&start_radio=1
>>
>> Playing for Change has done hundreds of recordings like this, all with a laptop
>> and interface carried around the world. There is some "making of" propaganda
>> at:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4bXR0By-g
>
> ** Thanks for the link - could have guessed but would rather know.
>
>> It's a little light on technical details. I don't know if they were using a
>> click or if they started with percussion or if they started with a lead guitar
>> and then got percussionists who could match to the guitar track. From the
>> sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.
>
> ** Seems like lot of " virtue signalling" is going on.
> Pretending to be on the side of the angels stuff.
>
> But how about the hidden message?
>
> " Stay where you are, don't come over here and we'll let you know if we ever need you ".
>
>
>
> ...... Phil
>

Fortunately not everybody so cynical.

geoff

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<MPG.3fd42d3b9f247c0f989682@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2271&group=rec.audio.pro#2271

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: ofi...@verizon.net (Orlando Enrique Fiol)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:50:48 -0500
Organization: Surila
Lines: 5
Message-ID: <MPG.3fd42d3b9f247c0f989682@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
Reply-To: ofiol@verizon.net
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="41d7e0d1a3f5658406e4c78b291d3456";
logging-data="2148370"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1/Its5EneCOiywFQNJo+bZ5TR2ibCsi/tg="
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.6
Cancel-Lock: sha1:czZurJf+6yLBBl+SulH1YoGmXe0=
 by: Orlando Enrique Fiol - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 22:50 UTC

In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>, pallison49
@gmail.com writes:
>Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many
others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
Howsynchronized is the playing?

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<MPG.3fd42dab2b6e8491989683@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2272&group=rec.audio.pro#2272

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: ofi...@verizon.net (Orlando Enrique Fiol)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:52:19 -0500
Organization: Surila
Lines: 5
Message-ID: <MPG.3fd42dab2b6e8491989683@news.eternal-september.org>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com> <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>
Reply-To: ofiol@verizon.net
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="41d7e0d1a3f5658406e4c78b291d3456";
logging-data="2148370"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX18iG1Q/zO/YbtfqD2nsxZJ0fKfo3cke05I="
User-Agent: MicroPlanet-Gravity/3.0.6
Cancel-Lock: sha1:2lk6D8RhlUsGZ5I9f4gY0Iwk6RQ=
 by: Orlando Enrique Fiol - Fri, 1 Dec 2023 22:52 UTC

In article <t8cqi2$d4i$1@panix2.panix.com>, kludge@panix.com writes:
>From the
>sound I think they are using a good bit of snap to grid.
As usual, the 16th-notte grid. Why not the 32nd or 64th? For that matter, what
about snapping to quintuplets or septuplets?

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<kte9kaFqu2iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2279&group=rec.audio.pro#2279

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!news.nntp4.net!paganini.bofh.team!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!fu-berlin.de!uni-berlin.de!individual.net!not-for-mail
From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 16:19:20 +0000
Lines: 17
Message-ID: <kte9kaFqu2iU1@mid.individual.net>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3fd42d3b9f247c0f989682@news.eternal-september.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Trace: individual.net PuycCe5AGN2kAzhWpalCDwHtm4eRfRIhs23ahjMsHyw86FMx4b
Cancel-Lock: sha1:Ntfcodzu2tGC9TOR8+Ca4B3ZFEs= sha256:iQeo6Xllig81BRw0sPGiaOUqmbmSVSWvG7puki5SN7s=
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101
Thunderbird/50.0
In-Reply-To: <MPG.3fd42d3b9f247c0f989682@news.eternal-september.org>
Content-Language: en-GB
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 16:19 UTC

On 01/12/2023 22:50, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
> In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>, pallison49
> @gmail.com writes:
>> Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many
> others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
> Howsynchronized is the playing?
>
The easy way is to use a click track on headphones, and correct the
offsets in the mix.

If you want to do it in real time, zoom is getting better, with less
latency than it used to have.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Anyone know how this was done?

<ukt68n$1cjrg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2280&group=rec.audio.pro#2280

  copy link   Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!eternal-september.org!feeder3.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: mattfau...@gmail.com (Matt Faunce)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: Anyone know how this was done?
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:26:15 -0000 (UTC)
Organization: A noiseless patient Spider
Lines: 31
Message-ID: <ukt68n$1cjrg$1@dont-email.me>
References: <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>
<MPG.3fd42d3b9f247c0f989682@news.eternal-september.org>
<kte9kaFqu2iU1@mid.individual.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Injection-Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:26:15 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: dont-email.me; posting-host="bf24095984a4b727f77eb5f2a3203694";
logging-data="1462128"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@eternal-september.org"; posting-account="U2FsdGVkX1+u2muHR+j0gH5Q29Kqjl70qapp7Gnaa4U="
User-Agent: NewsTap/5.5 (iPhone/iPod Touch)
Cancel-Lock: sha1:OY4yM/6O8BNPhfPMsCKnjSY1Q1Y=
sha1:jeKEatvdP7WXaVxf1nsDqiBKuCM=
 by: Matt Faunce - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 19:26 UTC

John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 01/12/2023 22:50, Orlando Enrique Fiol wrote:
>> In article <7cf3a997-5fd8-476b-87a1-c3328b324b8bn@googlegroups.com>, pallison49
>> @gmail.com writes:
>>> Carlos Santana, his wife Cindy on drums, Tal Wilkenfeld on bass and many
>> others in various countries. Not all really playing at the same time ?
>> Howsynchronized is the playing?
>>
> The easy way is to use a click track on headphones, and correct the
> offsets in the mix.
>
> If you want to do it in real time, zoom is getting better, with less
> latency than it used to have.
>

I’m curious how good FarPlay is.

https://farplay.io/

From the developer’s website: “FarPlay enables you to play music with
others over the internet as if you were in the same room. With unmatched
audio delay mitigation, multi-user sessions, and multi-track recording
capabilities, FarPlay is revolutionizing virtual music performance,
rehearsals, and coaching sessions.”

I use his ear training app, and think it’s great. I use three different
ones, but his is my main one. It’s the best at what it does (others have
other features), and it’s the most pleasurable one to use.

--
Matt


tech / rec.audio.pro / Re: Anyone know how this was done?

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor