From: leo...@uranus.com (leo bernstein)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.society.liberalism,alt.engineering.electrical
Subject: Electrical power solution - genius.
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 02:53:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: leo bernstein - Tue, 30 May 2023 02:53 UTC

Put convicts on bicycles with generators attached. They get to ride and
watch TV, eat otherwise unavailable treats while generating clean energy.
Minimum ride contribution four hours, no more than ten.

All volunteers accumulate early release credits based on generated energy
total.

You don't want to ride? No problem - sit in your cell, eat baloney
sandwiches and wear a dress.

Re: Electrical power solution - genius.

<u57vsi$2f76n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=230&group=alt.engineering.electrical#230

From: noo...@nospam.com (Dimitris Tzortzakakis)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.society.liberalism,alt.engineering.electrical
Subject: Re: Electrical power solution - genius.
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 20:24:33 +0300
 by: Dimitris Tzortzakaki - Wed, 31 May 2023 17:24 UTC

Στις 30/5/2023 5:53 π.μ., ο/η leo bernstein έγραψε:
> Put convicts on bicycles with generators attached. They get to ride and
> watch TV, eat otherwise unavailable treats while generating clean energy.
> Minimum ride contribution four hours, no more than ten.
>
> All volunteers accumulate early release credits based on generated energy
> total.
>
> You don't want to ride? No problem - sit in your cell, eat baloney
> sandwiches and wear a dress.
the problem is, even if you put all inmates cycling, you'd hardly gather
enough energy to run a dozen metro trains in NYC. The same is for
"clean" energy. Even if you put a photovoltaic or a wind turbine on
every free field across USA, you wouldn't generate enough electricity to
replace all conventional (including natural gas) power stations.

Re: Electrical power solution - genius.

<u5a2n7$2plv1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=231&group=alt.engineering.electrical#231

From: noo...@nospam.com (Dimitris Tzortzakakis)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.society.liberalism,alt.engineering.electrical
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 15:25:11 +0300
 by: Dimitris Tzortzakaki - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:25 UTC

Στις 31/5/2023 8:24 μ.μ., ο/η Dimitris Tzortzakakis έγραψε:
> Στις 30/5/2023 5:53 π.μ., ο/η leo bernstein έγραψε:
>> Put convicts on bicycles with generators attached.  They get to ride and
>> watch TV, eat otherwise unavailable treats while generating clean energy.
>> Minimum ride contribution four hours, no more than ten.
>>
>> All volunteers accumulate early release credits based on generated energy
>> total.
>>
>> You don't want to ride?  No problem - sit in your cell, eat baloney
>> sandwiches and wear a dress.
> the problem is, even if you put all inmates cycling, you'd hardly gather
> enough energy to run a dozen metro trains in NYC. The same is for
> "clean" energy. Even if you put a photovoltaic or a wind turbine on
> every free field across USA, you wouldn't generate enough electricity to
> replace all conventional (including natural gas) power stations.
not to mention that "green" generation is based on the caprices of the
sun or the wind, meaning that they only generate when there is sun or
wind. usually the utility has to gave a rotating reserve on line.
electricity has to be generated on the fly. people talking about
batteries must be tongue-in-cheek_ there is no battery technology for
power grids yet, not on the forseeable future.