Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 13:37:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cambridge 302 & AIR Avionics AirConnect
From: larmi...@gmail.com (Larry)
 by: Larry - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 20:37 UTC

Has anyone had any luck using an AirConnect to get the Cambridge configuration utility running on Windows 10 talking to the CAI-302? I have verified that both the 302 and the AirConnect are working correctly independently.

I have been able to connect to the 302 with the configuration utility running on Windows 10 through a USB-to-D-sub (serial) cable. I am able to change the settings on the instrument, set tasks, configure waypoints, set pilot's name, download flight logs, etc. as expected.

Separately, I can connect the same Windows 10 laptop to the AirConnect configuration screen (browser pointed to 192.168.1.1) when connected by wifi. However the Cambridge configuration utility does not sense the 302 when the laptop is connected in this way. I have the baud rate in the AirConnect set at 4800, and have tried setting all of the COM ports (1, 2, 3, and 4) in the CAI utility with no luck.

Perhaps there are windows 10 settings that I am missing?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Trying to stay with this instrument for the next couple of seasons before investing in an upgrade.

Larry