In 1750 Issac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of stairs.

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

SubjectAuthor
* Seminole-Lake Gliderport EmploymentRich Owen
`* Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport EmploymentWConn100
 `* Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport EmploymentWConn100
  `* Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employmentyoungbl...@gmail.com
   `- Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport EmploymentWConn100

1
Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

<32f36568-3793-48e7-840b-70c9638b4878n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=23885&group=rec.aviation.soaring#23885

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 11:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment
From: stillf...@aol.com (Rich Owen)
 by: Rich Owen - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 18:34 UTC

Seminole-Lake Gliderport is looking for a full time CFI-G to work during the 2022 timeframe. Long term employment is an option. Pay is based on experience and if accommodations would be part of the package. On site apartment or RV hook up is available. Application for employment can be found on www.soarfl.com on the top banner "Now Hiring". If you have any questions, please call the office at 352-394-5450 and speak to Mihaela.

Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

<e41408c2-af1c-43c0-a840-979fd73bb45fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=23957&group=rec.aviation.soaring#23957

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 06:17:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment
From: waltconn...@aol.com (WConn100)
 by: WConn100 - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 14:17 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 2:34:44 PM UTC-4, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> Seminole-Lake Gliderport is looking for a full time CFI-G to work during the 2022 timeframe. Long term employment is an option. Pay is based on experience and if accommodations would be part of the package. On site apartment or RV hook up is available. Application for employment can be found on www.soarfl.com on the top banner "Now Hiring". If you have any questions, please call the office at 352-394-5450 and speak to Mihaela.

Good time to "Grow Your Own" there Rich. Higher probability of having a stable instructor if someone was local and trained by Jan with Jan to watch over him (Or her or it, just trying to have all the proper preferred pronouns covered) for several months. There actually was someone looking for a job on this site. A husband and wife team, tow pilot and instructor team as I recall and they had an RV. I know Jan was looking for some back up at the time but he never replied back nor contacted Jan.

Walt

Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

<3639eabf-9b48-4cf5-b698-4ef09523c536n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=23959&group=rec.aviation.soaring#23959

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 11:01:12 -0800 (PST)
From: waltconn...@aol.com (WConn100)
 by: WConn100 - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 19:01 UTC

On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 9:17:05 AM UTC-5, WConn100 wrote:
> On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 2:34:44 PM UTC-4, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> > Seminole-Lake Gliderport is looking for a full time CFI-G to work during the 2022 timeframe. Long term employment is an option. Pay is based on experience and if accommodations would be part of the package. On site apartment or RV hook up is available. Application for employment can be found on www.soarfl.com on the top banner "Now Hiring". If you have any questions, please call the office at 352-394-5450 and speak to Mihaela.
> Good time to "Grow Your Own" there Rich. Higher probability of having a stable instructor if someone was local and trained by Jan with Jan to watch over him (Or her or it, just trying to have all the proper preferred pronouns covered) for several months. There actually was someone looking for a job on this site. A husband and wife team, tow pilot and instructor team as I recall and they had an RV. I know Jan was looking for some back up at the time but he never replied back nor contacted Jan.
>
> Walt

Rich here is the message. From 24 August. 2021.
Tom A
Aug 24, 2021, 10:07:33 AM

Experienced tow pilot/CFI, looking for a winter gig. Available early November through mid-May. Current, proficient and actively towing/teaching (gliders), ATP, CFI-II-MEI-G, current 2nd class medical, over 13k TT with 2,000+ hours tailwheel. In 2021 (so far) I have 150 glider flights (90% were instruction), 202 tows (PA-25 - Pawnee), in the last 7 years: 1,506 glider flights, 1,812 tows, no accidents/incidents/violations over my 35 year career. Numerous glider sign-offs, 100% pass rate (so far). Dressed weight: 178. References available. Have other skills to offer.

Wife is an experienced commercial pilot, single engine land-glider, CFI-II-G, tow pilot/tailwheel pilot, she works remotely at another job but would like to fly some too.

We have a camper and are looking for a place where we can camp on the airport or a nearby campground. Need good internet for wife’s remote work.

Thanks, Tom
mudhi...@gmail.com

Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

<5d497ef2-a96d-45c4-a30e-abfbe032a2dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=23960&group=rec.aviation.soaring#23960

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 15:29:34 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Mon, 8 Nov 2021 23:29 UTC

On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 2:01:15 PM UTC-5, waltco...@aol.com wrote:
> On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 9:17:05 AM UTC-5, WConn100 wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 2:34:44 PM UTC-4, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> > > Seminole-Lake Gliderport is looking for a full time CFI-G to work during the 2022 timeframe. Long term employment is an option. Pay is based on experience and if accommodations would be part of the package. On site apartment or RV hook up is available. Application for employment can be found on www.soarfl.com on the top banner "Now Hiring". If you have any questions, please call the office at 352-394-5450 and speak to Mihaela.
> > Good time to "Grow Your Own" there Rich. Higher probability of having a stable instructor if someone was local and trained by Jan with Jan to watch over him (Or her or it, just trying to have all the proper preferred pronouns covered) for several months. There actually was someone looking for a job on this site. A husband and wife team, tow pilot and instructor team as I recall and they had an RV. I know Jan was looking for some back up at the time but he never replied back nor contacted Jan.
> >
> > Walt
> Rich here is the message. From 24 August. 2021.
> Tom A
> Aug 24, 2021, 10:07:33 AM
> 
> 
> 
> Experienced tow pilot/CFI, looking for a winter gig. Available early November through mid-May. Current, proficient and actively towing/teaching (gliders), ATP, CFI-II-MEI-G, current 2nd class medical, over 13k TT with 2,000+ hours tailwheel. In 2021 (so far) I have 150 glider flights (90% were instruction), 202 tows (PA-25 - Pawnee), in the last 7 years: 1,506 glider flights, 1,812 tows, no accidents/incidents/violations over my 35 year career. Numerous glider sign-offs, 100% pass rate (so far). Dressed weight: 178. References available. Have other skills to offer.
>
> Wife is an experienced commercial pilot, single engine land-glider, CFI-II-G, tow pilot/tailwheel pilot, she works remotely at another job but would like to fly some too.
>
> We have a camper and are looking for a place where we can camp on the airport or a nearby campground. Need good internet for wife’s remote work.
>
> Thanks, Tom
> mudhi...@gmail.com
Walt, thanks for the info on the guy that wants to come to Florida and help during the season. Cultivating our own tow pilots and CFIG's is something that we have done very well. Retaining those individuals is always difficult. During the last two years we cultivated the best two tow pilots that a club could ever have, but both of these outstanding young men went on and began their professional flying careers and we cold not be happier. If you find someone that wants to come to Florida for the season, fly tow or instruct we would be very happy to have them here in the Treasure Coast. Benefits of the Treasure Coast are something to behold, fine dining, great restaurants, best Atlantic Beaches one could ever imagine, great shopping, great weather , museums, best coffee shop in the state, plenty of beer at the micro brewery, a great nightlife, PIPER Aircraft tours, Navy Seal Museum, and a great Hurricane Wings for Friday night beers. Did I miss something, oh heck yes, the Outlet Mall just 10 minutes from the airport., pickleball courts are abundant, even have a shooting range on my property for those NRA members. We can also arrange a wild hog hunt, even an alligator hunt and an airboat ride. For those guys and gals that need fuel for their motorgliders, the first gallon of LL100 is on Old Bob, The Purist, the rest is 4 bucks a gallon. There are also many worship centers around town, and the Cleveland Clinic has a great medical treatment center right here in Vero Beach. For the gentlemen, there are no gentleman clubs here , there are just a few miles away! We have that world famous Indian River Citrus, absolutely the best in the world, and you have never had anything better than my Purist Avocado's, and Mangoes.
So, I guess maybe the thing for any traveling glider bum to do would be spend the winter in Vero Beach, a 50 amp service is awaiting your arrival. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Seminole-Lake Gliderport Employment

<11e376cd-f2cf-4533-83e1-3579d4c2d8d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=23964&group=rec.aviation.soaring#23964

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 07:15:47 -0800 (PST)
From: waltconn...@aol.com (WConn100)
 by: WConn100 - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 15:15 UTC

On Monday, November 8, 2021 at 6:29:36 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
> So, I guess maybe the thing for any traveling glider bum to do would be spend the winter in Vero Beach, a 50 amp service is awaiting your arrival. Old Bob, The Purist

Bob, growing your own is always a good idea, I grew up on a farm and understand the concept. A commercial operation like SLGP is in a bit of a different situation where retaining employees is critical. Hard to make money if the CFIG or tow pilot isn't available. Jan doesn't appear to be thinking of going anywhere anytime soon and he would be an excellent source of training and guidance for a young CFIG needing time in the air. Thinking ahead and planning is always critical.

Walt