Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: OT -good book "The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History"
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 16:42:43 -0700
 by: a425couple - Tue, 24 Oct 2023 23:42 UTC

I feel this is an outstanding book.
I bought a couple, and gave to friends interested
in history.

"The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History"
(2014) by Boris Johnson (Author)

citation
https://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Factor-How-Made-History/dp/1594633983

Any library would have it, or buy new, or buy used
for as low at US $5.15 delivered to your door.
I very much like the part on the WWII peace feelers, and
pages 297-318 "Maker of the Modern Middle East".

some comments

“Filled with vivid observations.” —The Washington Post

“A characteristically breathless romp through the life and times of our
greatest wartime leader, Winston Churchill . . . as high on
entertainment as it is on providing an appraisal of the great man’s
achievements . . . Johnson’s distinctive writing style is unlike any
other used in the countless books that have been written on Churchill .
.. . It reads at times like a mixture of Monty Python and the Horrible
Histories.” —The Telegraph (4 stars)

“An interesting study of a truly fascinating historical figure . . .
[Johnson] is a good, sound writer with a very distinct, unique voice . .
.. It is as if [he] were sitting with you on a long night in a pub over
pints telling you everything he knows and think of Churchill.” —Pop
Mythology

“Johnson has knocked this project out of the park. With this book
Johnson has not only managed to create the most readable non-fiction
prose I have read all year, but he has managed to clarify myth, destroy
recent revisionism and unearth new material. The book amuses and
educates in equal measure with a deftness of touch and lightness of
learning that is beyond most people. He has done this while holding down
one of the country’s busiest and most high-profile jobs.” —Quadrapheme

Re: OT -good book "The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History"

<uhol7e$hb9c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2481&group=soc.history.medieval#2481

From: keithwil...@gmail.com (Keith Willshaw)
Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:22:05 +0000
 by: Keith Willshaw - Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:22 UTC

On 25/10/2023 00:42, a425couple wrote:
> I feel this is an outstanding book.
> I bought a couple, and gave to friends interested
> in history.

It appears that in Kindle form I can get it at no cost from my Amazon
Kindle Unlimited subscription so I may give it a look.

Re: OT -good book "The Churchill Factor: How One Man Made History"

<agz0N.148559$HwD9.142519@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=2489&group=soc.history.medieval#2489

Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,soc.history.war.misc,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 14:17:57 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 21:17 UTC

On 10/30/23 09:22, Keith Willshaw wrote:
> On 25/10/2023 00:42, a425couple wrote:
>> I feel this is an outstanding book.
>> I bought a couple, and gave to friends interested
>> in history.
>>

> It appears that in Kindle form I can get it at no cost from my Amazon
> Kindle Unlimited subscription so I may give it a look.

How wonderful. Thank you for letting me know.