"Intelligence without character is a dangerous thing." -- G. Steinem

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRichard Owen
+- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPEric Greenwell
`* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
 `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRich Owen
  +- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPEric Greenwell
  +* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  |`- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP2G
  +* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  |`* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRichard Owen
  | +* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPBurt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
  | |+- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |`- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPSean Franke
  | +- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | +* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPHank Nixon
  | |+* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRoy B.
  | ||`- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |`* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRichard Owen
  | | `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |  `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRichard Owen
  | |   `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |    `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRon Gleason
  | |     `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |      `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPRichard Owen
  | |       +- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |       +- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |       +- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | |       `- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  | `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  |  `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPs.bral...@gmail.com
  |   `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  |    `* Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPDan Marotta
  |     `- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  `- Re: Metamorphosis At SLGPyoungbl...@gmail.com

Pages:12
Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<96b24f05-f6ba-4831-aca5-819e75884983n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25484&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25484

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 04:15:06 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP
From: stillf...@gmail.com (Richard Owen)
 by: Richard Owen - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 12:15 UTC

Bob, seems like all that noise in the cockpit of the Pawnee has gotten you rattled. We always fly various patterns of tasks and never out and backs. That is dangerous! Our goal, to simply get the most out of every flying day. Life is short and soaring is great. Might be better with P7 beer but you might not know about that since you never come up and visit. Trust me, we at Seminole Lake are going to visit you down at your field just like the WWI aviators did to drop you a gift on your runway. So after 1,000K of flying in the last 3 days (about your average for the year) and another flight scheduled for today, go fly your same triangle over and over again and we will explore ALL of Florida and SOME of Georgia this season. Many good wishes to you and the girls at Hibiscus. Your friend, Rich (ZO, 9A, EA, 1K)

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<sv80bg$1rrg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25486&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25486

From: own...@thegreenwells.netto (Eric Greenwell)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 05:14:22 -0800
 by: Eric Greenwell - Thu, 24 Feb 2022 13:14 UTC

On 2/24/2022 4:15 AM, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, seems like all that noise in the cockpit of the Pawnee has gotten you rattled. We always fly various patterns of tasks and never out and backs. That is dangerous! Our goal, to simply get the most out of every flying day. Life is short and soaring is great. Might be better with P7 beer but you might not know about that since you never come up and visit. Trust me, we at Seminole Lake are going to visit you down at your field just like the WWI aviators did to drop you a gift on your runway. So after 1,000K of flying in the last 3 days (about your average for the year) and another flight scheduled for today, go fly your same triangle over and over again and we will explore ALL of Florida and SOME of Georgia this season. Many good wishes to you and the girls at Hibiscus. Your friend, Rich (ZO, 9A, EA, 1K)

Ooh, smackdown! But in a civil, respectful manner. Maybe I'm not the only one telling Bob
he'd have less stress, more soaring, and better soaring, and literally expand his
horizons, if only he had a motorglider. It does make me want to visit Florida, but only if
I knew P7 beer would be available during my visit. How about April?

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<2317d491-fc9d-4f04-83a4-12347b1dac7an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25497&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25497

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 17:16:44 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 01:16 UTC

On Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 7:15:12 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, seems like all that noise in the cockpit of the Pawnee has gotten you rattled. We always fly various patterns of tasks and never out and backs. That is dangerous! Our goal, to simply get the most out of every flying day. Life is short and soaring is great. Might be better with P7 beer but you might not know about that since you never come up and visit. Trust me, we at Seminole Lake are going to visit you down at your field just like the WWI aviators did to drop you a gift on your runway. So after 1,000K of flying in the last 3 days (about your average for the year) and another flight scheduled for today, go fly your same triangle over and over again and we will explore ALL of Florida and SOME of Georgia this season. Many good wishes to you and the girls at Hibiscus. Your friend, Rich (ZO, 9A, EA, 1K)

My friend Rich and his following, I never get rattled, I am a PURIST and must stay calm all the time unlike you engine driven glider pilots that have a fear of landing out and don't want to get the wife rattled by being late for dinner. I anxiously await your arrival at X52, I will have the noisy Pawnee ready to give all who follow you a free tow and I will not even charge Henry a landing fee for killing the grass on the runway with his oil dripping self launch motorglider. I am really glad to see you guys finally get away from the same old up and down Hwy 27, you must really be getting tired of those same old intersections as your turnpoints.
I apologize for not coming up as much as I would like, I missed you a few weeks back when I was there but I did visit with GB and Dave. I do plan on driving up next week and bringing beer up as a gift from Old Bob, The Purist, you mentioned P7 beer, that sounds like a Purist Beer to me. OBTP

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<9ffdffea-9699-436c-b713-4fa27cd4eec5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25528&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25528

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 03:35:22 -0800 (PST)
From: stillf...@aol.com (Rich Owen)
 by: Rich Owen - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 11:35 UTC

Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<svdaob$1pmh$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25529&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25529

From: own...@thegreenwells.netto (Eric Greenwell)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 05:42:36 -0800
 by: Eric Greenwell - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 13:42 UTC

On 2/26/2022 3:35 AM, Rich Owen wrote:
> Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot

One the best features of motorgliders (self-launcher or sustainer) is the glorious feeling
of freedom to explore an area without the stress of a potential retrieve nagging at you,
diminishing your pleasure, until "retrieve fear" overcomes you and you run for home.
Motorgliders: less stress, more soaring, better soaring. It's what makes their cost and
maintenance worth accepting.

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<e4d272f4-af53-471e-810c-6ecd024cfc29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25547&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25547

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 17:37:47 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 01:37 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 6:35:25 AM UTC-5, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot

Thanks for the update Rich, as I said before, you need to send me a special thank you card for the teachable moments that I have give you and the others at SLGP. There was a time that I thought that you could not spell triangle, but you have finally stepped up to the plate and gotten a taste of something different. I congratulate you for doing such a fine job in a motorglider, one day you will grow up and step into the PURIST world. Yes, we do have a highly successful club, even without motorgliders, and yes, it is a noisy Pawnee! Your teacher, motivator, mentor and friend, Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<c2408797-c91a-4bd8-93b9-1e8ae8ec3bd5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25556&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25556

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 14:33:04 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 22:33 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 6:35:25 AM UTC-5, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot
Rich, as the sun sets here on the Atlantic Coast I came home from making 21 tows today and as you predicted I cannot hear a thing, I will probably turn the volume up on Fox News tonight and keep Eileen awake from the reporting of all the world events.
John Godfrey did fly a somewhat of a triangle in that beautiful JS 3, one could only imagine a 33.8 km/h speed on that triangle., hopefully he got his monies worth in performance, If you have a racehorse you should let it run, not walk. I will be flying this week, hope I will get a chance to fly with some of you guys. Please let me know what size shirt that you wear, I have a special Purist shirt that would make you look good, and you could wear it during the pilots meeting. Take care, Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<35326ae5-1a35-460b-b288-8cdb89ec8c64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25570&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25570

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 18:09:54 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 02:09 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 6:35:25 AM UTC-5, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot

Rich, things are looking good down here at the club, our triangles have fewer legs than those up your way. I think this the start of a good couple of weeks, like 2020 when at the end of the day you were running around saying, "Who Are Those Guys". Stay tuned these is something special on the horizon.. You friend, mentor, teacher and tow pilot. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<89d9381a-dd67-40ae-aebf-b3401798c149n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25572&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25572

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 20:08:01 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (2G)
 by: 2G - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 04:08 UTC

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 5:37:49 PM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 6:35:25 AM UTC-5, stil...@aol.com wrote:
> > Good Morning Bob The Purist, I hope you had a great day towing all those other aviators who do not need propulsion to get airborne. I just wanted you to know that I'm taking a day off from my over 300k flight binge (6 Days in a row if you were counting). Dave Springford and I did 428k yesterday with a 318k FAI triangle in an area you have yet to explore. How many over 300k triangles have you done this year? Zero you say. Oh well, for the pilots up in Seminole-Lake we will continue to explore Florida while you run a highly successful club from the cockpit of your Pawnee. Please wear your ear plugs so you and I can have a great conversation when we get together. Sincerely, Rich The Fighter Pilot
> Thanks for the update Rich, as I said before, you need to send me a special thank you card for the teachable moments that I have give you and the others at SLGP. There was a time that I thought that you could not spell triangle, but you have finally stepped up to the plate and gotten a taste of something different. I congratulate you for doing such a fine job in a motorglider, one day you will grow up and step into the PURIST world. Yes, we do have a highly successful club, even without motorgliders, and yes, it is a noisy Pawnee! Your teacher, motivator, mentor and friend, Old Bob, The Purist

Yeah, I have been a PURIST in the past - and spent a day getting retrieved. Now I self-retrieve (which is pretty rare, maybe once a year, if that, as can be seen on my OLC posts). Now, I fly WHERE I want, WHEN I want. There are no regular tows available at Ely, and when they are they have to pay for ferrying the towplane to and from Ely, lodging for the tow pilot, and $7 a minute for the tow (takeoff roll to landing). This will probably go up. And, then, you have to wait in line to get a tow, which can delay your launch up to TWO HOURS! Kiss a 1000k goodbye...

Tom

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<5f550751-2193-442f-8a0e-353f728114ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25575&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25575

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 05:44:54 -0800 (PST)
From: stillf...@gmail.com (Richard Owen)
 by: Richard Owen - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:44 UTC

Bob, Unfortunately I will be busy running the biggest contest in the US. The only thing that would make us better is if we had a junior program like yours. The work that your club puts in to provide ships for the kids to fly is impressive. I wish your club would join the SSA. I would do anything to make that happen, even wear your Purist t-shirt (size large please). We are prepared to fly more km's in March than your club flies in a year. I will throw down a challenge, a race, 300k triangle starting from the same gliderport whenever you determine. You call it Bob. Loser cannot post on RAS for a year. Ready for a race Bob? Oh, BTW, you cannot use the Pawnee. Rich

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<76d4be5e-51d5-425f-9f1e-70977551d6dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25576&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25576

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 05:57:48 -0800 (PST)
From: FBComp...@aol.com (Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas)
 by: Burt Compton - Marfa - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:57 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 7:44:57 AM UTC-6, Richard Owen wrote:
.. . . wear your Purist t-shirt

Hey Bob, do you have Purist T-shirts?

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<c376939c-4892-4f51-a1ea-80deebd9234fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25578&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25578

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 06:19:48 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:19 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:44:57 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, Unfortunately I will be busy running the biggest contest in the US. The only thing that would make us better is if we had a junior program like yours. The work that your club puts in to provide ships for the kids to fly is impressive. I wish your club would join the SSA. I would do anything to make that happen, even wear your Purist t-shirt (size large please). We are prepared to fly more km's in March than your club flies in a year. I will throw down a challenge, a race, 300k triangle starting from the same gliderport whenever you determine. You call it Bob. Loser cannot post on RAS for a year. Ready for a race Bob? Oh, BTW, you cannot use the Pawnee. Rich
Rich, remember one thing, "If You Are Not The Lead Dog The Scenery Never Changes". Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<30f4e383-d303-4eab-86a2-776427eba7a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25579&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25579

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 06:21:42 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 14:21 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:57:50 AM UTC-5, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 7:44:57 AM UTC-6, Richard Owen wrote:
> . . . wear your Purist t-shirt
>
> Hey Bob, do you have Purist T-shirts?

Burt, I have something special for Rich, I think that he will even like the color, possibly not the embroidery, but certainly the color. I have the difficult job of making Rich look good, the shirt is a good start. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<1d07907a-6e58-41f4-8a43-aa2c076d16f0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25580&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25580

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 07:35:11 -0800 (PST)
From: unclh...@earthlink.net (Hank Nixon)
 by: Hank Nixon - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 15:35 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:44:57 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, Unfortunately I will be busy running the biggest contest in the US. The only thing that would make us better is if we had a junior program like yours. The work that your club puts in to provide ships for the kids to fly is impressive. I wish your club would join the SSA. I would do anything to make that happen, even wear your Purist t-shirt (size large please). We are prepared to fly more km's in March than your club flies in a year. I will throw down a challenge, a race, 300k triangle starting from the same gliderport whenever you determine. You call it Bob. Loser cannot post on RAS for a year. Ready for a race Bob? Oh, BTW, you cannot use the Pawnee. Rich

Second biggest;
Perry is 65 and oversubscribed by about a dozen.
UH/SST

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<756ea67e-bcb8-4862-be3d-838055fc9080n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25592&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25592

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 19:37:01 -0800 (PST)
From: roy...@bourgeoiswhite.com (Roy B.)
 by: Roy B. - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 03:37 UTC

Burt wrote: "Hey Bob, do you have Purist T-shirts?"

I think he does. It says, "Better a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a motor glider"
I want one. Size XL please.

ROY

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<905882d1-20f7-4a84-a837-f18b296f1e85n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25594&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25594

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 03:56:46 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 11:56 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 10:37:04 PM UTC-5, Roy B. wrote:
> Burt wrote: "Hey Bob, do you have Purist T-shirts?"
>
> I think he does. It says, "Better a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a motor glider"
> I want one. Size XL please.
>
> ROY

Rich is very busy trying to get things organized for the Hwy 27 Derby, the second largest race in the country, making his yearly turnpoints look bigger than they actually are and expanding the circle to a maximum of 20 miles.. Rich is using the black tank water from the RV's to fill his ballast in hopes that the rising air gases will make him go faster than he has gone in the past. I do plan on trying to meet up with those derby guys sometime during the contest week, there is a new water dump valve that I need to experiment with, they should not be difficult to find, just follow the Hwy 27 and look for all those shiny glittering sailplanes against the beautiful Florida sky. My "MOLE", is planted among the group that will be calling me each morning to give me the daily task and I will be calling on frequency offering assistance and possibly routing the State Farm Road Ranger to their location with extra fuel.
Rich, I will be there this coming week just to say hello to all my good friends from past years, yes, I am bringing the imported beer as promised and that beautiful custom shirt size large. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<72b6b4f3-897d-455c-bc85-2ff3f679e01an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25595&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25595

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 04:34:44 -0800 (PST)
From: stillf...@gmail.com (Richard Owen)
 by: Richard Owen - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 12:34 UTC

On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 10:35:13 AM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:44:57 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> > Bob, Unfortunately I will be busy running the biggest contest in the US.. The only thing that would make us better is if we had a junior program like yours. The work that your club puts in to provide ships for the kids to fly is impressive. I wish your club would join the SSA. I would do anything to make that happen, even wear your Purist t-shirt (size large please). We are prepared to fly more km's in March than your club flies in a year. I will throw down a challenge, a race, 300k triangle starting from the same gliderport whenever you determine. You call it Bob. Loser cannot post on RAS for a year. Ready for a race Bob? Oh, BTW, you cannot use the Pawnee. Rich
> Second biggest;
> Perry is 65 and oversubscribed by about a dozen.
> UH/SST
Hank,

We are the largest single class contest. Perry is a great contest but has multiple classes.

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<6ca852f1-c407-4b11-9851-d14f7ce3c0a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25598&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25598

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:30:44 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 01:30 UTC

On Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at 7:34:47 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 10:35:13 AM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
> > On Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:44:57 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> > > Bob, Unfortunately I will be busy running the biggest contest in the US. The only thing that would make us better is if we had a junior program like yours. The work that your club puts in to provide ships for the kids to fly is impressive. I wish your club would join the SSA. I would do anything to make that happen, even wear your Purist t-shirt (size large please). We are prepared to fly more km's in March than your club flies in a year. I will throw down a challenge, a race, 300k triangle starting from the same gliderport whenever you determine. You call it Bob. Loser cannot post on RAS for a year. Ready for a race Bob? Oh, BTW, you cannot use the Pawnee. Rich
> > Second biggest;
> > Perry is 65 and oversubscribed by about a dozen.
> > UH/SST
> Hank,
>
> We are the largest single class contest. Perry is a great contest but has multiple classes.
Rich, the last few days are looking good for us girls down on the East Coast, sorry you guys are missing all the fun! Thanks for acknowledging our youth soaring program, and yes we have worked very hard to get the program at the level it is today. Our accomplishments and failures have made the program an envy to many clubs, and rightfully so, new young people into the sport, that is the succession plan for TCSC. This month will mark the second month in a row that we have solo'd a new glider pilot on the pilots 14th birthday and for the second time it is a young female pilot.
So when the Derby is over bring that fancy sailplane down to Vero Beach, I will have a nice triangle proposed and we will go for a ride, motor doors taped shut! Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<8096bc0e-f670-4c77-baf2-02c681b5ece1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25600&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25600

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2022 04:44:48 -0800 (PST)
From: stillf...@gmail.com (Richard Owen)
 by: Richard Owen - Thu, 3 Mar 2022 12:44 UTC

Bob, I look forward to spending a day with you and the gang down at Treasure Coast. I'll even bring the beer! See you end of March.

Cheers,
Rich

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<2f997152-09d0-4fef-8227-1ccf1d1f849cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25632&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25632

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:00:21 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:00 UTC

On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:44:51 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, I look forward to spending a day with you and the gang down at Treasure Coast. I'll even bring the beer! See you end of March.
>
> Cheers,
> Rich

Rich, I am picking up that very nice shirt from the embroidery shop on Monday. I was wondering if I somehow get it presented to you at a pilot's meeting some morning very early just in time for us purist to return to X52 so that we could set the standards for the day? You have no idea as to how happy I am to have had such and influence on the participants up there at the motorglider camp. Just yesterday a few of the guys up there at the hovel did a very respectable triangle, I have never seen such fine efforts from the Derby crew. I have told Eileen that there is a chance that you would let her fly your 29, trust me she would do you proud, so I am bringing her up to the commune so that she can get a chance to fly something very nice. Now look, I know she is almost 70, doesn't look it and still runs marathons and ocean kyaks many days a week. take a deep breath and relax, the girls down south as you made reference to are alive and well, gentlemen start your engines. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<51ee96f2-b47f-4e72-8c91-f1060b3d7e1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25635&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25635

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:46:45 -0800 (PST)
From: xcfly...@gmail.com (Ron Gleason)
 by: Ron Gleason - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:46 UTC

On Friday, 4 March 2022 at 16:00:24 UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:44:51 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> > Bob, I look forward to spending a day with you and the gang down at Treasure Coast. I'll even bring the beer! See you end of March.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Rich
> Rich, I am picking up that very nice shirt from the embroidery shop on Monday. I was wondering if I somehow get it presented to you at a pilot's meeting some morning very early just in time for us purist to return to X52 so that we could set the standards for the day? You have no idea as to how happy I am to have had such and influence on the participants up there at the motorglider camp. Just yesterday a few of the guys up there at the hovel did a very respectable triangle, I have never seen such fine efforts from the Derby crew. I have told Eileen that there is a chance that you would let her fly your 29, trust me she would do you proud, so I am bringing her up to the commune so that she can get a chance to fly something very nice. Now look, I know she is almost 70, doesn't look it and still runs marathons and ocean kyaks many days a week. take a deep breath and relax, the girls down south as you made reference to are alive and well, gentlemen start your engines. Old Bob, The Purist
The purist, the folks flying hang gliders out of Sheets airport, 13 miles north of Seminole, are showing everyone how pure soaring aircrafts can exploit the great weather, the duration of the day and the aircraft flying nice triangles! Loving the banter

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<e6429dda-cc90-483a-811c-8324d1d1cc3cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25649&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25649

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:57:32 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 00:57 UTC

On Friday, March 4, 2022 at 6:46:48 PM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
> On Friday, 4 March 2022 at 16:00:24 UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:44:51 AM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> > > Bob, I look forward to spending a day with you and the gang down at Treasure Coast. I'll even bring the beer! See you end of March.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Rich
> > Rich, I am picking up that very nice shirt from the embroidery shop on Monday. I was wondering if I somehow get it presented to you at a pilot's meeting some morning very early just in time for us purist to return to X52 so that we could set the standards for the day? You have no idea as to how happy I am to have had such and influence on the participants up there at the motorglider camp. Just yesterday a few of the guys up there at the hovel did a very respectable triangle, I have never seen such fine efforts from the Derby crew. I have told Eileen that there is a chance that you would let her fly your 29, trust me she would do you proud, so I am bringing her up to the commune so that she can get a chance to fly something very nice. Now look, I know she is almost 70, doesn't look it and still runs marathons and ocean kyaks many days a week. take a deep breath and relax, the girls down south as you made reference to are alive and well, gentlemen start your engines. Old Bob, The Purist
> The purist, the folks flying hang gliders out of Sheets airport, 13 miles north of Seminole, are showing everyone how pure soaring aircrafts can exploit the great weather, the duration of the day and the aircraft flying nice triangles! Loving the banter

Rich, thanks for the WW1 challenge, but the TCSC beat you at your own game. We have a great picture taken today from one of our TCSC ladies as you made reference to, of the SLGP, did any of your pilots get over to TCSC and take a pic? I did see some of your guys playing follow the leader down to Avon Park. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<a99e2a9f-a4be-4f7d-81aa-019c09b74067n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25650&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25650

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 19:03:44 -0800 (PST)
From: stillf...@gmail.com (Richard Owen)
 by: Richard Owen - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 03:03 UTC

Bob, I know Todd did come by Seminole-Lake at a blazing 42 mph, guess he hit ALL the stop lights on highway 27. I thought that JS-3 had a motor. So your pilots are not as pure as you are.
Cheers,
Rich

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<fbf1d9e8-4eb7-4494-a37b-fb82c8b775e2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25651&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25651

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 03:42:32 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 6 Mar 2022 11:42 UTC

On Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 10:03:47 PM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, I know Todd did come by Seminole-Lake at a blazing 42 mph, guess he hit ALL the stop lights on highway 27. I thought that JS-3 had a motor. So your pilots are not as pure as you are.
> Cheers,
> Rich
Rich, although the speed was somewhat dismal the conditions were equally as bad with that 20 plus knot headwind coming home. I did not see much stop and go up 27 although the derby boys up at SLGP did a classic follow the leader down to Avon Park and back up to the motherland. All in all once again you big dogs must be shaking your heads and wondering what is that bunch of pirates going to do next. I will admit, us ladies as you call us are steadily in our situation room planning for the next surprise, like they say, the best is yet to come. There you guys are with all those fancy motorgliders and cannot even break away and do a respectable triangle. I thought Todd's flight was the most impressive flight of the day, working completely around 2901 and cutting back through the pass just south of Bravo coming back down to New Hibiscus. The only bad part about the trip was that it was in a motorglider, a Purist flight would have been difficult for all your contestants to handle.
Well, looks like the WX might not be so good the next few days, so I can do more work on that noisy Pawnee, let me know if you need our assistance during the next couple of weeks, I sure would like to be assigned task manager for the day. If your posse decides to come visit you are all certainly welcome, free tows out of X52 or FD25, nice cold orange juice to drink, even gourmet hot dog from the Purist grill, all wood fired no motorglider fuel needed to roast the dogs. And if my friend, Bum, decides to visit I will have the president of the Chamber Of Commerce here to throw out the welcome red carpet. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Metamorphosis At SLGP

<f04b9b30-f67c-4018-8bfe-b3d0f219e30an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25675&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25675

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 13:32:50 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 21:32 UTC

On Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 10:03:47 PM UTC-5, Richard Owen wrote:
> Bob, I know Todd did come by Seminole-Lake at a blazing 42 mph, guess he hit ALL the stop lights on highway 27. I thought that JS-3 had a motor. So your pilots are not as pure as you are.
> Cheers,
> Rich
Rich, there are a couple of red headed stepchildren, AKA motorglider pilots in our club, I guess Old Bob, The Purist will admit that the times are a changing, as even Bob Dylan predicted. But what has happened around the state of Florida started in 2020 when Todd and myself decided we would fly a few days during the Derby Contest and raise some eyebrows, which you must agree , we certainly did. The measure of a good flight is not measured by speed, but by the difficulty of the flight and the triangle speed. Even back in 2020 we were setting the standards for you motorglider guys to follow, yet you guys have not met the challenge. So we have been very busy in the situation room coming up with something that will rattle your ego, and yes, weather permitting the Purist world will be pulling for Old Bob.
I will be picking up your nice shirt on Thursday and planning on bringing it up for you to have it and wear it at the pilots meeting during the Derby. Eileen and I along with Mike Stimac are planning our trip up North to Clermont, I will be bringing the beer also along with some daily prizes for you MG guys., Old Bob, The Purist