Just don't create a file called -rf. :-) -- Larry Wall in <11393@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Re: The Sky Hag

SubjectAuthor
* The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
+* Re: The Sky HagMike Carris
|+- Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
|`- Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
+* Re: The Sky HagEric Greenwell
|`* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
| `* Re: The Sky HagEric Greenwell
|  `- Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
`* Re: The Sky HagPapa3
 `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
  `* Re: The Sky HagChris Behm
   `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
    `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
     `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
      `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
       `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
        `* Re: The Sky HagJohn Foster
         `* Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com
          `- Re: The Sky Hagyoungbl...@gmail.com

1
The Sky Hag

<46542ee3-f57a-4cb8-b3c9-96504db219f4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24312&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24312

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 12:55:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: The Sky Hag
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 20:55 UTC

After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<5fecff50-debc-47c7-bc5d-76d4f38866d1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24313&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24313

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:23:05 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: The Sky Hag
From: rs15z...@gmail.com (Mike Carris)
 by: Mike Carris - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 21:23 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 1:55:11 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist

Hey, I see my ole LAK 17a in your hangar. Great glider!

Re: The Sky Hag

<b8f34585-ee40-465e-b750-9dc4c6bf2e52n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24314&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24314

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:24:47 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 21:24 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:23:08 PM UTC-5, Mike Carris wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 1:55:11 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> > Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
> Hey, I see my ole LAK 17a in your hangar. Great glider!
Yep it is there along with JJ. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<spdnne$1skp$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24315&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24315

From: own...@thegreenwells.netto (Eric Greenwell)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:46:20 -0800
 by: Eric Greenwell - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 21:46 UTC

On 12/15/2021 12:55 PM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist

Is "Sky Hag" the best name to attract newcomers? How about "Tutor" or "Purest"?

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"

Re: The Sky Hag

<0b4123ad-27e0-4b2b-80c6-c4771e7784a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24316&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24316

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:49:08 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 21:49 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:23:08 PM UTC-5, Mike Carris wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 1:55:11 PM UTC-7, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> > Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
> Hey, I see my ole LAK 17a in your hangar. Great glider!
We also have SF, XZ, P1 and many more. We are in the process of expanding our hangar space from about 5 thousand sq feet to 30 thousand sq feet hopefully this year. Our club has grown and we have continued to thrive. This tear we will be hosting our second Soaring Safari, which is a month long fun fly during the month of March. This event is nothing like the Geritol Championships up at Seminole Lake GP, we do large triangles and have a great time..

Re: The Sky Hag

<70faf295-2b97-4ec2-af30-d1f04ddb910an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24317&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24317

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 13:51:30 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 21:51 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:46:27 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
> On 12/15/2021 12:55 PM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> > Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
> Is "Sky Hag" the best name to attract newcomers? How about "Tutor" or "Purest"?
>
> --
> Eric Greenwell - USA
> - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
> https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
Eric, you make a good point, but most pirate ships we not very welcome to newcomers. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<spdt0d$s9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24318&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24318

From: own...@thegreenwells.netto (Eric Greenwell)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:16:28 -0800
 by: Eric Greenwell - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 23:16 UTC

On 12/15/2021 1:51 PM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:46:27 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
>> On 12/15/2021 12:55 PM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
>>> Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
>> Is "Sky Hag" the best name to attract newcomers? How about "Tutor" or "Purest"?
>>
>> --
>> Eric Greenwell - USA
>> - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
>> https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
> Eric, you make a good point, but most pirate ships we not very welcome to newcomers. Old Bob, The Purist

Pirate? Tutor is "a private teacher, typically one who teaches a single student or a very
small group"; Purest is "superlative adjective of Pure", and as a Purist, you know about
Pure. Right?

--
Eric Greenwell - USA
- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications

Re: The Sky Hag

<ff6d7637-4a17-45c6-9731-dffa67897ef2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24319&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24319

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 15:34:53 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Wed, 15 Dec 2021 23:34 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 6:16:33 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
> On 12/15/2021 1:51 PM, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Is "Sky Hag" the best name to attract newcomers? How about "Tutor" or "Purest"?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Eric Greenwell - USA
> >> - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
> >> https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
> > Eric, you make a good point, but most pirate ships we not very welcome to newcomers. Old Bob, The Purist
> Pirate? Tutor is "a private teacher, typically one who teaches a single student or a very
> small group"; Purest is "superlative adjective of Pure", and as a Purist, you know about
> Pure. Right?
> --
> Eric Greenwell - USA
> - "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation"
> https://sites.google.com/site/motorgliders/publications
Very cognizant of the superlative adjectives, but we have to put a bit of sparkle in the name. Yes, I know all about being a purist, us purist are the best of the best, as they say in the movies. The old 233 is looking great, I even offered a motorglider guy the first hop, it would really make him look good. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<2232b39d-9748-4fd7-8dcd-b5260d5a6d7en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24325&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24325

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 17:53:04 -0800 (PST)
From: erik.h.m...@gmail.com (Papa3)
 by: Papa3 - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 01:53 UTC

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:55:11 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist

Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.

Hard to believe that our 2-33 project (The Mad Cow) is already 10 years old..

P3

Re: The Sky Hag

<9cd6773f-db79-4fa6-8c10-38538bb7cb58n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24326&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24326

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 04:49:41 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 12:49 UTC

On Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 8:53:07 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:55:11 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> > Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
> Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.
>
> Hard to believe that our 2-33 project (The Mad Cow) is already 10 years old.
>
> P3
Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG".
We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<2d7d9d22-89cd-433b-9f72-8f2cccf4c01dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24347&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24347

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 08:06:05 -0800 (PST)
From: cbb...@sbcglobal.net (Chris Behm)
 by: Chris Behm - Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:06 UTC

On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 4:49:44 AM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, December 16, 2021 at 8:53:07 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 3:55:11 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > After a total rebuild of our club 233 we are nearing completion and will be adding this old bird back on the line as our primary trainer. Take a look at the Soaring Forum and you can see the pictures of our nearly completed project. The name Sky Hag will be painted just below the pirate skull.
> > > Let me know what you think of the Sky Hag. Old Bob, The Purist
> > Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.
> >
> > Hard to believe that our 2-33 project (The Mad Cow) is already 10 years old.
> >
> > P3
> Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
> I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG".
> We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist

I still think my last suggestion of "Treasure Chest" is a better name, Bob.
That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!

Safe Landings,
Chris Behm "Target"

Re: The Sky Hag

<7efc344a-1e44-4d8b-816d-901ae0cf460bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=24379&group=rec.aviation.soaring#24379

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 13:42:56 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 19 Dec 2021 21:42 UTC

On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 11:06:08 AM UTC-5, Chris Behm wrote:
> On Friday, December 17, 2021 at 4:49:44 AM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Beautiful work. Great to see other clubs taking on big projects. Curious what you found in the way of corrosion in the tubing, especially in the lower tubes and the main cluster in the gear area.
> > >
> > > Hard to believe that our 2-33 project (The Mad Cow) is already 10 years old.
> > >
> > > P3
> > Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
> > I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG".
> > We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist
> I still think my last suggestion of "Treasure Chest" is a better name, Bob.
> That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!
>
> Safe Landings,
> Chris Behm "Target"
Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<d88dcdc5-3cb5-496d-9121-dd41a1c84588n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=25135&group=rec.aviation.soaring#25135

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 15:33:24 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 23:33 UTC

On Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 4:42:58 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 18, 2021 at 11:06:08 AM UTC-5, Chris Behm wrote:

> > > Papa3, I did a considerable amount of work in restoring this old girl, and the corrosion was not a problem but somewhere in the life of the Hag she was ground looped and some of the tubing was bent. We sent the fuselage back to K&L where it was put in the jig and brought back to new specs. I then had the fuselage media blasted and the entire fuselage powder coated, probably the only powder coated 233 fuselage in the world. I then started the fabric covering with ceconite and completed with the Stits system. During this ordeal I stripped the wings, did some cosmetic repairs and went ahead with the prime and paint. At this point we are finishing with the trimming and installation of the new interior and getting ready to assemble for the journey to the finish line. I am working on a video of this restoration project and will be posting as soon as the HAG is completed.
> > > I have extended an offer to "R", so he could be our guest and be one of the first to fly the "HAG", I told him the "HAG", would even make him look good! I fully expect "R", to motorglide on up to X52 and join the celebration for the flying "HAG".
> > > We also have an LS3 A that is nearing completion and only lacking a canopy, so if anyone has a canopy for an LS3 please let me know. I will be posting more pictures in the Soaring Group page soon. Thanks for taking a look at the "HAG", we will be happy to have the old girl back in the sky training new glider pilots both young and old. Old Bob, The Purist
> > I still think my last suggestion of "Treasure Chest" is a better name, Bob.
> > That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!
> >
> > Safe Landings,
> > Chris Behm "Target"
> Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist

Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site, Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<94c237c3-92b4-4426-adb9-7eb5bda60a07n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=26515&group=rec.aviation.soaring#26515

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 15:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:15 UTC

On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 6:33:26 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, December 19, 2021 at 4:42:58 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > I still think my last suggestion of "Treasure Chest" is a better name, Bob.
> > > That 2-33 sure does look beautiful. Nice job on the resto. I would love to fly that beauty, whatever the name!
> > >
> > > Safe Landings,
> > > Chris Behm "Target"
> > Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist
> Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site, Old Bob, The Purist
Check out the progress made on the Sky Hag, Soaring Forum Group

Re: The Sky Hag

<a674a1cf-d858-4e98-a72f-2f6e01070e1fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=26983&group=rec.aviation.soaring#26983

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 14:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Thu, 26 May 2022 21:01 UTC

On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 6:15:14 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 6:33:26 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Check out the new pic posted today of the progress. Some very exciting news about to be release on the future of the SKYHAG. Old Bob, The Purist
> > Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site, Old Bob, The Purist
> Check out the progress made on the Sky Hag, Soaring Forum Group
The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<b56c6891-3b82-4f5e-9423-f6c240b9d41en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=27337&group=rec.aviation.soaring#27337

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 14:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 21:54 UTC

On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 5:01:52 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 6:15:14 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Great news on the 233 project, we will be assembling the wings to the "HAG" this coming week. Our club project has taken longer than expected, but the end result will be impressive. I will be posting a few more pics on the Soaring Forum Group site, Old Bob, The Purist
> > Check out the progress made on the Sky Hag, Soaring Forum Group
> The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist
Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<29378270-0fe1-41d8-8077-6d80e2cb9709n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=27338&group=rec.aviation.soaring#27338

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: johngfos...@gmail.com (John Foster)
 by: John Foster - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:36 UTC

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 3:54:47 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 26, 2022 at 5:01:52 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Check out the progress made on the Sky Hag, Soaring Forum Group
> > The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist
> Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist
She's looking good, Bob. Nice job on the restoration.

Re: The Sky Hag

<2044bac5-37ac-4b53-923d-57b37525a955n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=27339&group=rec.aviation.soaring#27339

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 15:53:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 22:53 UTC

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:36:26 PM UTC-4, johngf...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 3:54:47 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > The, "Sky Hag", is almost finished, only the past and current PURIST will appreciate how the old girl looks. I just posted a few pics on the Soaring Forum Group, I hope the youth members like the old girl. Old Bob, The Purist
> > Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist
> She's looking good, Bob. Nice job on the restoration.
Thanks , looks like the youth will have a nice old bird for primary training. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: The Sky Hag

<5ce1bdd7-0bbb-4f66-be02-7171f037d53fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=27377&group=rec.aviation.soaring#27377

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 04:28:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sat, 25 Jun 2022 11:28 UTC

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:53:20 PM UTC-4, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 6:36:26 PM UTC-4, johngf...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Sky Hag is finished and at the front of the hangar, ready for flight. If you get a chance visit the soaring forum group and take a look at the pics. Old Bob, The Purist
> > She's looking good, Bob. Nice job on the restoration.
> Thanks , looks like the youth will have a nice old bird for primary training. Old Bob, The Purist
The, "SKY HAG", flew yesterday!!! A couple of small detail items and completely finished. A new youth member is coming out today, he may well be the first youth member to take controls of the Hag. OBTP