OS/2 must die!

computers / comp.mobile.android / Can't receive text messages

SubjectAuthor
* Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
+* Re: Can't receive text messagesFrank Slootweg
|+* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
||`* Re: Can't receive text messagesnospam
|| `* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
||  `* Re: Can't receive text messagesnospam
||   `* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
||    `- Re: Can't receive text messagesBob F
|`- Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
+* Re: Can't receive text messagesAndy Burnelli
|`* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
| `* Re: Can't receive text messagesAndy Burnelli
|  `* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
|   `* Re: Can't receive text messagesAndy Burnelli
|    `- Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
+* Re: Can't receive text messagesJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
| +* Re: Can't receive text messagesJoerg Lorenz
| |`* Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
| | `* Re: Can't receive text messagesJoerg Lorenz
| |  `- Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
| `- Re: Can't receive text messagesJoerg Lorenz
+- Re: Can't receive text messagesFokke Nauta
`- Re: Can't receive text messagesKen Hart

1
Can't receive text messages

<j4gbgaFe6odU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26591&group=comp.mobile.android#26591

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Can't receive text messages
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:34:38 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 16:34 UTC

Hi all,

My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Fokke Nauta

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srv1mk.6ag.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26592&group=comp.mobile.android#26592

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Can't receive text messages
Date: 15 Jan 2022 16:53:36 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 16:53 UTC

Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>
> Thanks beforehand for your help.

Sometimes SMS messages can take a long time if there is a hiccup in
some network(s) somewhere.

What are the providers and networks on her phone, on you phone and on
the other phones?

Note the distiction between provider - i.e. the company which charges
you - and the actual network. For example the provider Simyo uses the
KPN network.

What you also can do is for her to use a system - i.e. not another
phone - which sends her a SMS message, for example DigiD, her health
care insurer/provider, etc. and see if she receives such SMS messages.

BTW that WhatsApp works means nothing, because WhatsApp does not use a
normal mobile connection. The 'telephone' number which WhatsApp uses is
just an identifier. For example I used WhatsApp on a tablet which did
not even have (read: could not have) a SIM, but WhatsApp worked fine, it
just needs *a* 'telephone' number, not *the* 'telephone' number.

Hope this helps.

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gd68FegieU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26593&group=comp.mobile.android#26593

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:03:24 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:03 UTC

On 15/01/2022 17:53, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
>> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
>> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
>> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
>> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
>> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
>> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>>
>> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>
> Sometimes SMS messages can take a long time if there is a hiccup in
> some network(s) somewhere.

I don't think this is the case, as she sent me a text message and I
received it right away.

> What are the providers and networks on her phone, on you phone and on
> the other phones?

It's all KPN.

> Note the distiction between provider - i.e. the company which charges
> you - and the actual network. For example the provider Simyo uses the
> KPN network.
>
> What you also can do is for her to use a system - i.e. not another
> phone - which sends her a SMS message, for example DigiD, her health
> care insurer/provider, etc. and see if she receives such SMS messages.

This is where it started. She needed to log into a website, after
receiving a code from that site as a text message. She did not receive
any today. We tried several times.

> BTW that WhatsApp works means nothing, because WhatsApp does not use a
> normal mobile connection. The 'telephone' number which WhatsApp uses is
> just an identifier. For example I used WhatsApp on a tablet which did
> not even have (read: could not have) a SIM, but WhatsApp worked fine, it
> just needs *a* 'telephone' number, not *the* 'telephone' number.

Wasn't aware of that!

> Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<150120221222589291%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26594&group=comp.mobile.android#26594

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 12:22:58 -0500
 by: nospam - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:22 UTC

In article <j4gd68FegieU1@mid.individual.net>, Fokke Nauta
<usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:

> This is where it started. She needed to log into a website, after
> receiving a code from that site as a text message. She did not receive
> any today. We tried several times.

does this happen with other sites that send codes?

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srv16c$s8v$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26595&group=comp.mobile.android#26595

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:44:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:44 UTC

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:34:38 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> she doesn't receive any
> text messages

I saw Franks' purposefully helpful suggestions regarding your specific
carrier so I'll keep my suggestions generic as I use a main carrier.

Two things to test immediately come to mind based on what you said.
a. blocking
b. MMS

I don't block sms but I know my sms app "can" block (it has a blacklist).
I would check if your wife accidentally blocked the incoming people.
I understand you implied _zero_ messages coming in which wouldn't indicate
one-by-one blocking - but I'd check it out in the sms app settings first.

With regard to MMS, you did not even mention MMS but sometimes sms messages
are sent as MMS (under a variety of circumstances, not always due to media).

Just check quickly if she can send/receive MMS because _many_ times I've
been able to get SMS and not MMS when I screw with the carrier's AP name in
the cellular data settings.

There are other potential issues (e.g., firewalls that block only some apps
or some apps when they're on either wifi or cellular) but you don't mention
any of those complexities so I'll ignore them.

Overall, I'm racking my brain as to why one can't receive messages, but can
send them, so again, "blocking" is one thing I'd check for sure. Now back to
Frank helping you... (as I don't wish to derail his purposefully helpful
tack).

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srv25h$b62$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26596&group=comp.mobile.android#26596

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:01:21 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:01 UTC

Am 15.01.22 um 17:34 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>
> Thanks beforehand for your help.

Did you already reboot the S10?

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4ghv1FfdluU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26597&group=comp.mobile.android#26597

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:24:54 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:24 UTC

On 15/01/2022 18:22, nospam wrote:
> In article <j4gd68FegieU1@mid.individual.net>, Fokke Nauta
> <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
>

>> This is where it started. She needed to log into a website, after
>> receiving a code from that site as a text message. She did not receive
>> any today. We tried several times.
>
> does this happen with other sites that send codes?

Yes, it does.

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gi3fFfdluU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26598&group=comp.mobile.android#26598

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:27:16 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:27 UTC

On 15/01/2022 18:44, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 17:34:38 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> she doesn't receive any
>> text messages
>
> I saw Franks' purposefully helpful suggestions regarding your specific
> carrier so I'll keep my suggestions generic as I use a main carrier.
>
> Two things to test immediately come to mind based on what you said.
> a. blocking
> b. MMS
>
> I don't block sms but I know my sms app "can" block (it has a blacklist).
> I would check if your wife accidentally blocked the incoming people.

No, she certainly didn't.

> I understand you implied _zero_ messages coming in which wouldn't indicate
> one-by-one blocking - but I'd check it out in the sms app settings first.
>
> With regard to MMS, you did not even mention MMS but sometimes sms messages
> are sent as MMS (under a variety of circumstances, not always due to media).

Sorry, but I don't know what MMS is ...

> Just check quickly if she can send/receive MMS because _many_ times I've
> been able to get SMS and not MMS when I screw with the carrier's AP name in
> the cellular data settings.
>
> There are other potential issues (e.g., firewalls that block only some apps
> or some apps when they're on either wifi or cellular) but you don't mention
> any of those complexities so I'll ignore them.
>
> Overall, I'm racking my brain as to why one can't receive messages, but can
> send them, so again, "blocking" is one thing I'd check for sure. Now back to
> Frank helping you... (as I don't wish to derail his purposefully helpful
> tack).

Thanks!

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gi62FfdluU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26599&group=comp.mobile.android#26599

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:28:38 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:28 UTC

On 15/01/2022 19:01, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 15.01.22 um 17:34 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
>> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
>> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
>> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
>> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
>> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
>> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>>
>> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>
> Did you already reboot the S10?

No, we didn't. I even don't know how to reboot it. Is switching off and
on again enough?

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gi76FfdluU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26600&group=comp.mobile.android#26600

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:29:14 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:29 UTC

On 15/01/2022 17:53, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> Fokke Nauta <usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
>> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
>> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
>> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
>> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
>> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
>> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>>
>> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>
> Sometimes SMS messages can take a long time if there is a hiccup in
> some network(s) somewhere.
>
> What are the providers and networks on her phone, on you phone and on
> the other phones?
>
> Note the distiction between provider - i.e. the company which charges
> you - and the actual network. For example the provider Simyo uses the
> KPN network.
>
> What you also can do is for her to use a system - i.e. not another
> phone - which sends her a SMS message, for example DigiD, her health
> care insurer/provider, etc. and see if she receives such SMS messages.
>
> BTW that WhatsApp works means nothing, because WhatsApp does not use a
> normal mobile connection. The 'telephone' number which WhatsApp uses is
> just an identifier. For example I used WhatsApp on a tablet which did
> not even have (read: could not have) a SIM, but WhatsApp worked fine, it
> just needs *a* 'telephone' number, not *the* 'telephone' number.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks, Frank, for your quick reply.

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srv4i5$pb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26601&group=comp.mobile.android#26601

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:42:13 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:42 UTC

Am 15.01.22 um 19:28 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> On 15/01/2022 19:01, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 15.01.22 um 17:34 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
>>> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
>>> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
>>> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
>>> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
>>> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
>>> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>>>
>>> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>>
>> Did you already reboot the S10?
>>

> No, we didn't. I even don't know how to reboot it. Is switching off and
> on again enough?

YES!

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srv4mm$pb$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26602&group=comp.mobile.android#26602

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:44:38 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:44 UTC

Am 15.01.22 um 19:28 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> On 15/01/2022 19:01, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>> Am 15.01.22 um 17:34 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
>>> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
>>> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
>>> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
>>> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
>>> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
>>> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>>>
>>> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>>
>> Did you already reboot the S10?
>>

> No, we didn't. I even don't know how to reboot it. Is switching off and
> on again enough?

If the reboot does not help, try a *soft* reset.

https://www.technipages.com/reset-galaxy-s10

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Can't receive text messages

<150120221359367143%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26603&group=comp.mobile.android#26603

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 13:59:36 -0500
 by: nospam - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 18:59 UTC

In article <j4ghv1FfdluU1@mid.individual.net>, Fokke Nauta
<usenet@solfon.nl> wrote:

> >> This is where it started. She needed to log into a website, after
> >> receiving a code from that site as a text message. She did not receive
> >> any today. We tried several times.
> >
> > does this happen with other sites that send codes?
>
> Yes, it does.

that suggests it's an issue with your cellular provider.

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4goh6FgiqiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26613&group=comp.mobile.android#26613

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 21:16:58 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:16 UTC

On 15/01/2022 19:59, nospam wrote:

>>> does this happen with other sites that send codes?
>>
>> Yes, it does.
>
> that suggests it's an issue with your cellular provider.

No, it isn't. We have several mobile phones and they all have the same
provider. When she sends a text message to me, it arrives straight away.

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gokdFgiqiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26615&group=comp.mobile.android#26615

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 21:18:42 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:18 UTC

On 15/01/2022 19:42, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 15.01.22 um 19:28 schrieb Fokke Nauta:

>>> Did you already reboot the S10?
>>>

>> No, we didn't. I even don't know how to reboot it. Is switching off and
>> on again enough?
>
> YES!

Thanks!

We switched it off and on again and now it works again. Problem solved.

Thanks very much!

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4gomnFgiqiU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26616&group=comp.mobile.android#26616

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 21:19:55 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:19 UTC

On 15/01/2022 17:34, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>
> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>
> Fokke Nauta

The problem was solved by switching the phone off and on again.
Everyone thanks very much for your responses!

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srvaok$1cem$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26617&group=comp.mobile.android#26617

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:28:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:28 UTC

On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:27:16 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> Sorry, but I don't know what MMS is ...

I'll let Frank explain it to if he thinks MMS can be playing a role you
since he's helping you best at the moment, and he understands you better.

I have one other generic suggestion, akin to the one where Joerg suggested
you reboot the phone, which is to switch the default sms app back and forth.

If you don't have a second sms app already installed, just pick any one
<https://play.google.com/store/search?q=sms&c=apps>

If you want me to recommend a couple, I'd use a free ad free good one
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.smsmessenger>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moez.QKSMS>
etc.

You only need to switch for a few minutes (it's easy and you don't lose
anything as I've done it many times when I tested _all_ free sms apps).

If, when you switch default SMS apps it works, then it's the sms app.
If not, it's not. :)

It's really easy to switch back and you won't lose a thing.
Now back to Frank helping you...

Re: Can't receive text messages

<srvnm6$8e4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26623&group=comp.mobile.android#26623

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 01:08:38 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 00:08 UTC

Am 15.01.22 um 21:18 schrieb Fokke Nauta:
> On 15/01/2022 19:42, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>>> No, we didn't. I even don't know how to reboot it. Is switching off and
>>> on again enough?
>>
>> YES!
>>

> Thanks!
>
> We switched it off and on again and now it works again. Problem solved.
>
> Thanks very much!

Probably a driver that did not load properly when restarted last time.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4ihb0FqnotU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26631&group=comp.mobile.android#26631

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:26:28 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:26 UTC

On 15/01/2022 21:28, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2022 19:27:16 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> Sorry, but I don't know what MMS is ...
>
> I'll let Frank explain it to if he thinks MMS can be playing a role you
> since he's helping you best at the moment, and he understands you better.
>
> I have one other generic suggestion, akin to the one where Joerg suggested
> you reboot the phone, which is to switch the default sms app back and forth.
>
> If you don't have a second sms app already installed, just pick any one
> <https://play.google.com/store/search?q=sms&c=apps>
>
> If you want me to recommend a couple, I'd use a free ad free good one
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.klinker.messenger>
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.smsmessenger>
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moez.QKSMS>
> etc.
>
> You only need to switch for a few minutes (it's easy and you don't lose
> anything as I've done it many times when I tested _all_ free sms apps).
>
> If, when you switch default SMS apps it works, then it's the sms app.
> If not, it's not. :)
>
> It's really easy to switch back and you won't lose a thing.
> Now back to Frank helping you...

Thanks!

But I already solved it, by switching the phone off and on again. Now it
worked again.
Don't know what went wrong.

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4ihd5FqnotU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26632&group=comp.mobile.android#26632

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:27:37 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 12:27 UTC

On 16/01/2022 01:08, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
> Am 15.01.22 um 21:18 schrieb Fokke Nauta:

>>> YES!
>>>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> We switched it off and on again and now it works again. Problem solved.
>>
>> Thanks very much!
>
> Probably a driver that did not load properly when restarted last time.

Perhaps. I don't know. We never had this before. But glad that it's ok
again.

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<ss1t7e$vo9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26648&group=comp.mobile.android#26648

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 19:55:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 19:55 UTC

On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:26:28 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> But I already solved it, by switching the phone off and on again. Now it
> worked again.
> Don't know what went wrong.

Yeah, I saw that.
I'm glad purposefully helpful people stepped in to try to help you.
That's where Usenet _should_ be (which is what it's all about).

It's ironic that _anything_ Joerg ever said you found to be useful since
almost all of us have him plonked by now for lack of any substance.

Nonetheless, it's good that the reboot solved your issues.
It's ironic that rebooting solves _many_ problems.

It's kind of like having a good night's rest solves a hangover. :)

Re: Can't receive text messages

<j4jf3cF1r0eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26657&group=comp.mobile.android#26657

From: use...@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 21:54:25 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Sun, 16 Jan 2022 20:54 UTC

On 16/01/2022 20:55, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:26:28 +0100, Fokke Nauta wrote:
>
>> But I already solved it, by switching the phone off and on again. Now it
>> worked again.
>> Don't know what went wrong.
>
> Yeah, I saw that.
> I'm glad purposefully helpful people stepped in to try to help you.
> That's where Usenet _should_ be (which is what it's all about).
>
> It's ironic that _anything_ Joerg ever said you found to be useful since
> almost all of us have him plonked by now for lack of any substance.
>
> Nonetheless, it's good that the reboot solved your issues.
> It's ironic that rebooting solves _many_ problems.
>
> It's kind of like having a good night's rest solves a hangover. :)

Yes, I'm happy that this problem was solved.
And, indeed, after a good night out one needs a long sleep :-)

Fokke

Re: Can't receive text messages

<ss71o1$u2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=26701&group=comp.mobile.android#26701

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 10:43:11 -0800
 by: Bob F - Tue, 18 Jan 2022 18:43 UTC

On 1/15/2022 12:16 PM, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> On 15/01/2022 19:59, nospam wrote:

>>> Yes, it does.
>>
>> that suggests it's an issue with your cellular provider.
>
> No, it isn't. We have several mobile phones and they all have the same
> provider. When she sends a text message to me, it arrives straight away.

Check all settings related to the message app and its access rights.

Some necessary function must be turned off.

If you can't find it, backup, then reset the phone to factory settings
should fix it.

Re: Can't receive text messages

<svbi6l$o86$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28388&group=comp.mobile.android#28388

From: kwha...@frontier.com (Ken Hart)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:37:19 -0500
 by: Ken Hart - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:37 UTC

On 1/15/2022 11:34 AM, Fokke Nauta wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My wife has an Android phone, a Samsung S10 with Android version 11.
> As from this morning there is a strange problem: she doesn't receive any
> text messages. She can send them, that's OK. Whatsapp works well in both
> directions. I can send her a text message with my phone, but she does
> not receive it. I got no error message. We tried to send her test
> messages from other phones but she does not receive anything.
> What may be wrong? No software update has taken place.
>
> Thanks beforehand for your help.
>
> Fokke Nauta

Happened to me.
I called customer support who flashed a new version.
After reboot it worked again.
--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@frontier.com

computers / comp.mobile.android / Can't receive text messages