From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Android graphical system resource monitor {cpu,gpu,ram,network,disk,apps,processes,battery,etc.}
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 01:35:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 01:35 UTC

Which graphical Android system resource monitor do you use, if any?

I ran a search in Aurora for free, google free, gsf free, ad free
apps with a rating above 4 and over 100K downloads which found a few.

Of the few that Aurora found, I liked this one upon first inspection:
*Simple System Monitor*, by Darshan Parajuli
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dp.sysmonitor.app>
* CPU usage and frequencies for each core
* Total CPU usage and average frequency
* CPU frequency graph for each core
* Time spent on each CPU frequency state
* GPU usage and frequency*
* RAM usage and ability to clear RAM
* Network activity
* Disk I/O activity (internal and SD card)
* Test disks' read/write speeds (internal or external)
* File browser with support for basic operations (copy,cut,delete)
* Cache cleaner (optionally requires ROOT)
* View list of active apps and processes and their CPU usage,
RAM usage, network activity, PID and UID.
* Kill processes as ROOT (only works on rooted devices)**
* View temperatures of all of the thermal zones
* View battery health and temperature
* Ability to keep running in the background despite being swiped away
from the recent tasks list
* Floating mode - shows system monitor data on a little floating window
on top of other apps
Which graphical system resource monitor do you prefer & why?
--
It's OK if nobody has a better one; that just means the choice was good.

Re: Android graphical system resource monitor {cpu,gpu,ram,network,disk,apps,processes,battery,etc.}

<svbi4h$n93$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28387&group=comp.mobile.android#28387

From: kwha...@frontier.com (Ken Hart)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:36:10 -0500
 by: Ken Hart - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:36 UTC

On 1/30/2022 1:35 AM, Andy Burnelli wrote:

> Which graphical Android system resource monitor do you use, if any?
>
> I ran a search in Aurora for free, google free, gsf free, ad free
> apps with a rating above 4 and over 100K downloads which found a few.
>
> Of the few that Aurora found, I liked this one upon first inspection:
> *Simple System Monitor*, by Darshan Parajuli
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dp.sysmonitor.app>
> * CPU usage and frequencies for each core
> * Total CPU usage and average frequency
> * CPU frequency graph for each core
> * Time spent on each CPU frequency state
> * GPU usage and frequency*
> * RAM usage and ability to clear RAM
> * Network activity
> * Disk I/O activity (internal and SD card)
> * Test disks' read/write speeds (internal or external)
> * File browser with support for basic operations (copy,cut,delete)
> * Cache cleaner (optionally requires ROOT)
> * View list of active apps and processes and their CPU usage,
> RAM usage, network activity, PID and UID.
> * Kill processes as ROOT (only works on rooted devices)**
> * View temperatures of all of the thermal zones
> * View battery health and temperature
> * Ability to keep running in the background despite being swiped away
> from the recent tasks list
> * Floating mode - shows system monitor data on a little floating window
> on top of other apps
>
> Which graphical system resource monitor do you prefer & why?

I use resourcemon.
--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@frontier.com

computers / comp.mobile.android / Android graphical system resource monitor {cpu,gpu,ram,network,disk,apps,processes,battery,etc.}