From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: New X series Nokia phones
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:02:49 +0000
 by: Chris Green - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:02 UTC

Dan <dannewsgroups@outlookspamxxx.com> wrote:
> I am after a new phone, Xiaomai are out as far as I am concerned.
> Their security updates are poor, if they do. Then it is months late.
> I see on YouTube new Nokia X series. All it contains are well produced
> videos showing off the specs.
> No release date. Searching on the Internet, the usual indian websites
> containing crap like "UBB 4". Really!!
> I emailed Nokia UK. They do not know when these phones are going to be
> released.
> I like the Nokia X50 Pro. But when it is going to available in the UK?
> I might buy an iPhone!!

I looked at this a while ago but in the end I decided there was a lot
of hopeful promise but not a lot of actual reality.

I bought a fairly 'budget' Umidigi instead and that has, as promised,
upgraded from Android 10 to 11 and works well for me in general. It
has very few 'extras' as well (extra apps that is) which is good.

--
Chris Green
ยท

Re: New X series Nokia phones

<stmsd1$edg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27445&group=comp.mobile.android#27445

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:06:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 22:06 UTC

On Sat, 5 Feb 2022 14:02:49 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> I bought a fairly 'budget' Umidigi instead and that has, as promised,
> upgraded from Android 10 to 11 and works well for me in general. It
> has very few 'extras' as well (extra apps that is) which is good.

Given, like Windows, almost _all_ the Android operating system functionality
is updated completely outside the Android version, for a modern operating
system like Android, the version doesn't matter.

The only folks who are _desperate_ for the latest version are the iOS folks
because they can't get even a single line of code fixed without releasing
the entire primitive monolithic operating system mechanism.

For further details, see:
*Why I believe the Android version doesn't matterf*
as much as some people (aka iKooks) think it does
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/gzG52aKOloA>
--
Most people hate facts because they conflict with their belief systems.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: New X series Nokia phones