If it's worth hacking on well, it's worth hacking on for money.

tech / sci.space.policy / Idea for the tv DUST productions

SubjectAuthor
* Idea for the tv DUST productionsDouglas Eagleson
`* Re: Idea for the tv DUST productionsJeff Findley
 `- Re: Idea for the tv DUST productionsDouglas Eagleson

1
Idea for the tv DUST productions

<8a8c07c5-5919-4849-bf66-378e1eb1be89n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2763&group=sci.space.policy#2763

Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 11:34:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Idea for the tv DUST productions
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Fri, 9 Apr 2021 18:34 UTC

There is a channel here in the DC region called
TBD(7-4). It has a new production gang with fairly
low budget productions. It is called DUST.

I have a good idea for a new sifi short film.

Does any body know who to talk turkey to?

It is a solar sail story involving a moon base,
the L-orbits and sail launching. Lots of drama
activity potential.

Re: Idea for the tv DUST productions

<MPG.3adb5b1e45e95e10989dc9@news.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2766&group=sci.space.policy#2766

From: jfind...@cinci.nospam.rr.com (Jeff Findley)
Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Subject: Re: Idea for the tv DUST productions
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 11:24:14 -0400
 by: Jeff Findley - Sun, 11 Apr 2021 15:24 UTC

In article <8a8c07c5-5919-4849-bf66-378e1eb1be89n@googlegroups.com>,
eaglesondouglas@gmail.com says...

> There is a channel here in the DC region called
> TBD(7-4). It has a new production gang with fairly
> low budget productions. It is called DUST.
>
> I have a good idea for a new sifi short film.
>
> Does any body know who to talk turkey to?
>
> It is a solar sail story involving a moon base,
> the L-orbits and sail launching. Lots of drama
> activity potential.

Not sure. DUST is also on YouTube. I think all the short films are
done by various people.

Jeff

Re: Idea for the tv DUST productions

<e64ae561-65e6-465b-a68e-b477c245e885n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2768&group=sci.space.policy#2768

Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 13:06:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: eagleson...@gmail.com (Douglas Eagleson)
 by: Douglas Eagleson - Sun, 11 Apr 2021 20:06 UTC

On Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 11:24:16 AM UTC-4, Jeff Findley wrote:
> In article <8a8c07c5-5919-4849...@googlegroups.com>,
> eagleso...@gmail.com says...
> >
> > There is a channel here in the DC region called
> > TBD(7-4). It has a new production gang with fairly
> > low budget productions. It is called DUST.
> >
> > I have a good idea for a new sifi short film.
> >
> > Does any body know who to talk turkey to?
> >
> > It is a solar sail story involving a moon base,
> > the L-orbits and sail launching. Lots of drama
> > activity potential.
> Not sure. DUST is also on YouTube. I think all the short films are
> done by various people.
>
> Jeff
> --
> All opinions posted by me on Usenet News are mine, and mine alone.
> These posts do not reflect the opinions of my family, friends,
> employer, or any organization that I am a member of.

I have another idea. I did send it in to the National Geographic
gang. They past it out the reject door.

Basically it is a quest for the moon's 12 o'clock high path..
It requires placing sensors in the exact over head location.
Think, clocks and gravity sensors. Possibly color sensing
telescopes.

The goal is to locate this path with a fifty yard resolution.
I said I would just handle the logistics and get a PhD scientific
director.

Just to add drama I would add a link to large South American
plains signs/ground images. I would also add things like
cloud formations/lighting/sounds(the path is super sonic)/pointers
to mystery locations/etc.