Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list

SubjectAuthor
* badges that send me to dialer contact listmicky
+* Re: badges that send me to dialer contact listJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: badges that send me to dialer contact listmicky
| `- Re: badges that send me to dialer contact listJoerg Lorenz
`- Re: badges that send me to dialer contact listBob F

1
badges that send me to dialer contact list

<0nrqvg98u63rb10ot3pvi6ad5gfu8jo5em@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27370&group=comp.mobile.android#27370

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: badges that send me to dialer contact list
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 13:33:18 -0500
 by: micky - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 18:33 UTC

A new phenomenon: EVery time I turn the phone on, once a day, there is
a badge o for the dialer/handset-icon and when I tap on the icon, it
goes to the contacts list, which is in alphabetical order and I'm
positioned at the start, the top, and nothing is highlighted in any way.
What is causing the badges? What is it notifying me about?

And there are loads of new entries in the contact list. Are these
spammers who didn't leave mesages? I get no more than one voicemail a
month, and all of those are from people I know, but there are a many
many more phone numbers than that.

For example, One is CALLING TUNES, one is COSMOTE INFO, BEAT BOX.
And there were loads of just USA phone numbers with area code, but
they're gone now and just entries I really did save are showing. Is
there some other list I don't know how to get to?

Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list

<stl5o6$uc7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27400&group=comp.mobile.android#27400

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:33:42 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 06:33 UTC

Am 04.02.22 um 19:33 schrieb micky:
> And there are loads of new entries in the contact list.

That is probably the blocking list.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list

<i59svgdicqrpf41u9rns5nftbrp777bvu8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27402&group=comp.mobile.android#27402

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 02:22:23 -0500
 by: micky - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:22 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:33:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
<hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:

>Am 04.02.22 um 19:33 schrieb micky:
>> And there are loads of new entries in the contact list.
>
>That is probably the blocking list.

That makes sense -- I never would have thought of that -- except I
haven't glocked more than one number. Does the system block numbers
too? If so that would account for the badges too, if the number in the
badge is the number of spammers etc. who called me while the phone was
off. Is that the way it works?

If so, Android displays the list so I will look at the list and make
sure it didn't automatically block a number I don't want blooked. But
then it should put the new number where I'll notice it, and I think
everything is in alpanumeric order. But if you say I'm on the right
track I'll keep looking for the ones that have just been added.

Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list

<stleb6$3of$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=27403&group=comp.mobile.android#27403

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 10:00:22 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 09:00 UTC

Am 05.02.22 um 08:22 schrieb micky:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 5 Feb 2022 07:33:42 +0100, Joerg Lorenz
> <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>
>> Am 04.02.22 um 19:33 schrieb micky:
>>> And there are loads of new entries in the contact list.
>>
>> That is probably the blocking list.
>
> That makes sense -- I never would have thought of that -- except I
> haven't glocked more than one number. Does the system block numbers
> too? If so that would account for the badges too, if the number in the
> badge is the number of spammers etc. who called me while the phone was
> off. Is that the way it works?

More or less. You said you are AT&T-customer? Than ask them for details.

> If so, Android displays the list so I will look at the list and make
> sure it didn't automatically block a number I don't want blooked. But
> then it should put the new number where I'll notice it, and I think
> everything is in alpanumeric order. But if you say I'm on the right
> track I'll keep looking for the ones that have just been added.

That is what I would recommend.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list

<sun3br$iia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28121&group=comp.mobile.android#28121

From: bobnos...@gmail.com (Bob F)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 19:21:31 -0800
 by: Bob F - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 03:21 UTC

On 2/4/2022 10:33 AM, micky wrote:
> A new phenomenon: EVery time I turn the phone on, once a day, there is
> a badge o for the dialer/handset-icon and when I tap on the icon, it
> goes to the contacts list, which is in alphabetical order and I'm
> positioned at the start, the top, and nothing is highlighted in any way.
> What is causing the badges? What is it notifying me about?
>
> And there are loads of new entries in the contact list. Are these
> spammers who didn't leave mesages? I get no more than one voicemail a
> month, and all of those are from people I know, but there are a many
> many more phone numbers than that.
>
> For example, One is CALLING TUNES, one is COSMOTE INFO, BEAT BOX.
> And there were loads of just USA phone numbers with area code, but
> they're gone now and just entries I really did save are showing. Is
> there some other list I don't know how to get to?

Do you have a check mark on a setting like "add new callers to contact
list"?

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: badges that send me to dialer contact list