"Imitation is the sincerest form of television." -- The New Mighty Mouse

tech / rec.aviation.military / Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)

SubjectAuthor
* Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)dump...@hotmail.com
+- Re: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)koz...@yahoo.com
`- Re: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)a425couple

1
Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)

<fd85b162-ea07-4f86-bbcd-009628581375n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2826&group=rec.aviation.military#2826

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 10:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)
From: dumpst...@hotmail.com (dump...@hotmail.com)
 by: dump...@hotmail.com - Mon, 18 Oct 2021 17:39 UTC

Almost Hijacked? Officials Dispute Scare Amid Ongoing Afghanistan Evac

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2021/10/afghanistan-evac-flight-was-almost-hijacked-air-force-reveals/186081/

Americans among more than 350 passengers who departed Kabul on evacuation flight Sunday

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/17/politics/kabul-evacuation-flight/index.html

Pentagon, State Department square off on Afghanistan accountability

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/577001-pentagon-state-department-square-off-on-afghanistan-accountability

Robert Gates on the future of Afghanistan

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/robert-gates-afghanistan-60-minutes-2021-10-17/

Afghan Taliban’s victory boosts Pakistan’s radicals

https://apnews.com/article/afghanistan-religion-pakistan-islamabad-taliban-3d002d01a1fee6f7f868ae9cd3f243a8

Selling Illusions

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairfo/articles/20211018.aspx

Russia-led bloc holds large-scale drills near Tajik-Afghan border

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/russia-led-bloc-holds-large-scale-drills-near-tajik-afghan-border-2021-10-18/

India, China Talks Deadlocked Over Troops Near Himalayan Border Pass

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-18/india-china-talks-deadlocked-over-troops-near-himalayan-border-pass

With advanced drones, India ramps up surveillance near China ..

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-enhances-day-and-night-surveillance-over-lac-in-arunachal-sector/articleshow/87087680.cms

The Bomb Will Backfire on Iran; Tehran Will Go Nuclear—and Regret It

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/iran/2021-10-18/bomb-will-backfire-iran

Regional arms race to follow if Iran completes nuclear weapon, Israel says

https://warisboring.com/regional-arms-race-to-follow-if-iran-completes-nuclear-weapon-israel-says/

Is a War with Iran Over Nuclear Weapons Inevitable?

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/10/is-a-war-with-iran-over-nuclear-weapons-inevitable/

Officials: Iraq arrests mastermind of deadly 2016 bombing

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/officials-iraq-arrests-mastermind-deadly-2016-bombing-80640750

If F-16 Talks Fail, Turkey May Buy Russian Fighter Aircraft

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/10/18/turkey-russian-fighter-aircraft/

Holland to send one C-130 to Mali

http://alert5.com/2021/10/18/holland-to-send-one-c-130-to-mali/

Air strikes hit capital of Ethiopia's Tigray: sources

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20211018-air-strikes-hit-capital-of-ethiopia-s-tigray-sources

Russia needs light turboprop aircraft against guerrillas

https://airrecognition.com/index.php/focus-analysis-photo-report-aviation-defence-industry/aviation-defence-industry-technology/7763-russia-needs-light-turboprop-aircraft-against-guerrillas.html

Russia’s Nuclear Battlecruisers: Last Battleships Floating or a Waste of Steel?

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/10/russias-nuclear-battlecruisers-last-battleships-floating-or-a-waste-of-steel/

Russia Looks On In Envy And Fear

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htwin/articles/20211018.aspx

Russia shuts mission to NATO in row over spying

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-shuts-mission-nato-after-staff-expelled-2021-10-18/

Russia And Serbia Conduct Joint “BARS-2021” And “Slavic Shield” Exercises

https://www.overtdefense.com/2021/10/18/russia-and-serbia-conduct-joint-bars-2021-and-slavic-shield-exercises/

US, Georgia sign military training pact amid Russian threat on the Black Sea

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2021/10/18/us-georgia-sign-military-training-pact-amid-russian-threat-on-the-black-sea/

Latvian army to get Telerob UGVs and robots

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense_news_october_2021_global_security_army_industry/latvian_army_to_get_telerob_ugvs_and_robots.html

Britain’s Security Officials Fear More Lone Wolf Attacks in Wake of MP’s Murder

https://www.voanews.com/a/britain-s-security-officials-fear-more-lone-wolf-attacks-in-wake-of-mp-s-murder-/6274869.html

U.S. missionaries kidnapped in Haiti as gangs grow more brazen

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/us-should-free-missionaries-haiti-without-ransom-lawmaker-2021-10-17/

Haitian prime minister forced to flee official ceremony after armed gangs appear

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/18/haiti-prime-minister-flee-official-ceremony-armed-gangs

China denied a report that it tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile, saying it was just a space vehicle

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-denied-a-report-that-it-tested-a-nuclear-capable-hypersonic-missile-saying-it-was-just-a-space-vehicle/ar-AAPETLk

A Chinese propaganda film about the defeat of the US Army is set to become the country's highest grossing film ever

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-movie-defeating-us-army-becoming-highest-grossing-ever-2021-10

China's propaganda machine is intensifying its 'people's war' to catch American spies

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/18/china/cia-spies-mic-intl-hnk/index.html

French Intelligence Vessel Transits The Taiwan Strait

https://www.overtdefense.com/2021/10/18/french-intelligence-vessel-transits-the-taiwan-strait/

North Korean air force faces resources, obsolescence issues: DIA

https://www.flightglobal.com/defence/north-korean-air-force-faces-resources-obsolescence-issues-dia/145955.article

KAI unveils its next generation basic trainer powered by batteries

http://alert5.com/2021/10/18/kai-unveils-its-next-generation-basic-trainer-powered-by-batteries/

KAI’s K-UAV looks similar to the Dassault nEUROn

http://alert5.com/2021/10/18/kais-k-uav-looks-similar-to-the-dassault-neuron/

JASDF F-2 fighter pilot makes emergency landing after losing canopy inflight during scramble

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/jasdf-f-2-fighter-pilot-makes-emergency-landing-after-losing-canopy-inflight-during-scramble/

Colin Powell Dies at 84 From Covid-19 Complications

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/colin-powell-dies-at-84-from-covid-19-complications/ar-AAPEXqW

Havana Syndrome is a mystery illness with 200-plus documented cases. Lawmakers are demanding action.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/havana-syndrome-is-a-mystery-illness-with-200-plus-documented-cases-lawmakers-are-demanding-action/ar-AAPEBMU

Army Envisions Global 3D Terrain Map As Future PNT Aid For Operations

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/10/army-envisions-global-3d-terrain-map-as-future-pnt-aid-for-operations/

GM Defense Reveals ISV Heavy Gun Carrier

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/gm-defense-isv-heavy-gun/

The Army wants reusable, networked landmines

https://www.defensenews.com/news/2021/10/13/the-army-wants-reusable-networked-landmines/

First Live Hypersonic Missile Rounds To Be Delivered to Army Unit Next Year

https://breakingdefense.com/2021/10/first-live-hypersonic-missile-rounds-to-be-delivered-to-army-unit-next-year/

Air Force to Launch Munitions from C-17s

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2021/10/18/air-force-to-launch-munitions-from-c-17s

Navy MAGNUSS project blends superconductor magnet and very high electrical currents for counter-mine warfare

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/power/article/14212315/countermine-superconductor-magnet-electrical-currents

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)

<ca76e5c0-4175-4183-8c20-5b4b0206f813n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2830&group=rec.aviation.military#2830

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 19:34:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)
From: koze...@yahoo.com (koz...@yahoo.com)
 by: koz...@yahoo.com - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 02:34 UTC

On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 1:39:20 PM UTC-4, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Russia’s Nuclear Battlecruisers: Last Battleships Floating or a Waste of Steel?

Per Wikipedia only 76 mm of armor and that is around the reactor?

While they have a huge suite of weapons, it doesn't sound like they
are armored any better than a destroyer.

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (10/18/2021)

<QdYcJ.48975$qe4.3845@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2832&group=rec.aviation.military#2832

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:09:51 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 18:09 UTC

On 10/18/2021 10:39 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> The Bomb Will Backfire on Iran; Tehran Will Go Nuclear—and Regret It
>
> https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/iran/2021-10-18/bomb-will-backfire-iran

I read,
"although U.S. presidents and Israeli prime ministers have
routinely insisted that all options remain on the table,
it is unlikely that either the United States or Israel will
use overt military force to eliminate Iran’s nuclear program.
It is time to start envisioning a world with a nuclear-armed
Iran."

But then, to finish reading the article,
I'd need to pay.

What 'dumptster' are you shilling for subscription sites?