From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Can someone explain this 5G versus LTE indication?
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 06:41:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 06:41 UTC

I never cared about 5G nor LTE so I haven't read the background on it, but
what I saw today confused me, where maybe you can tell me why my phone says
it's on 5G at the top, but an app that I run (& everything else) says it's
LTE.
<https://i.postimg.cc/BQMVhnGt/5gvslte01.jpg>

I believe it's LTE but what is the 5G on the top trying to tell me then?
--
(Note: I accept ahead of time that the answer is probably that I'm
misinterpreting some of the data, so if you know the answer, just let me

Re: Can someone explain this 5G versus LTE indication?

<svbb53$15t8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28373&group=comp.mobile.android#28373

From: youkidd...@yahoo.com (YK)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 14:37:01 -0500
 by: YK - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 19:37 UTC

On 2/5/2022 6:41 AM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> I never cared about 5G nor LTE so I haven't read the background on it, but
> what I saw today confused me, where maybe you can tell me why my phone says
> it's on 5G at the top, but an app that I run (& everything else) says it's
> LTE.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/BQMVhnGt/5gvslte01.jpg>
>
> I believe it's LTE but what is the 5G on the top trying to tell me then?

One of those 5G:LTE indications is right. The other is wrong.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Can someone explain this 5G versus LTE indication?