It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

SubjectAuthor
* Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?jaugustine
+- Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?Joerg Lorenz
`* Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?VanguardLH
 `* Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?Dean Hoffman
  `* Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?VanguardLH
   `* Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?Dean Hoffman
    `* Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?VanguardLH
     `- Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?Dean Hoffman

1
Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<p46k1hpe3fepbc9bfn91s0jmvi1niqrta9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28421&group=comp.mobile.android#28421

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 07:18:58 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 12:18 UTC

Hi,

I have a Tracfone, Samsung Galaxy A11 that I normally do not
use since I also have a land line phone.

The Tracfone is normally turned off.

I disabled the Voicemail app on the phone, but I may after
several months, enable Voicemail temporary so I can delete
all the messages. Note: I prefer Text messages.

Can I delete Voicemail messages without hearing them?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<svdf4a$edd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28425&group=comp.mobile.android#28425

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:57:14 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:57 UTC

Am 26.02.22 um 13:18 schrieb jaugustine@verizon.net:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Tracfone, Samsung Galaxy A11 that I normally do not
> use since I also have a land line phone.
>
> The Tracfone is normally turned off.
>
> I disabled the Voicemail app on the phone, but I may after
> several months, enable Voicemail temporary so I can delete
> all the messages. Note: I prefer Text messages.
>
> Can I delete Voicemail messages without hearing them?
>
> Thank You in advance, John

https://www.google.ch/search?q=tracfone+manage+voicemail&biw=1366&bih=587&ei=jj4aYvu3Apb3sAfF0LvYCg&ved=0ahUKEwj7touoz532AhWWO-wKHUXoDqsQ4dUDCA0&uact=5&oq=tracfone+manage+voicemail&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBQghEKABOgcIABBHELADOhAILhDHARDRAxCwAxBDEIsDOgoIABCwAxBDEIsDOgoILhDHARDRAxBDOgUIABCABDoECAAQQzoLCC4QgAQQxwEQ0QM6BAgAEBM6CAgAEBYQHhATOgsIABDJAxAWEB4QEzoGCAAQFhAeOgkIABDJAxAWEB46BwghEAoQoAE6BAghEBVKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQogdYvU1gnFFoAXABeACAAXOIAegLkgEEMTUuM5gBAKABAcgBCrgBAsABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

Has nothing to do with Android.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<m5fz7r9vk3qk$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28431&group=comp.mobile.android#28431

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 09:24:54 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:24 UTC

jaugustine wrote:

> I have a Tracfone, Samsung Galaxy A11 that I normally do not
> use since I also have a land line phone.
>
> The Tracfone is normally turned off.
>
> I disabled the Voicemail app on the phone, but I may after
> several months, enable Voicemail temporary so I can delete
> all the messages. Note: I prefer Text messages.
>
> Can I delete Voicemail messages without hearing them?

How to delete voicemail messages depends on who is your cellular
carrier. For me, there is no option to delete all voicemails, but I can
hit "7" when a message starts to play to delete it instead of having to
listen to it all and then told I can hit "7" to delete it.

You'll have to wade through the voice prompts when dialing your own cell
number to see what options they provide in their voicemail service.
Tracfone doesn't provide voicemail service. Tracfone, and its other
brands (Net10, Straight Talk, etc), is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network
Operator) reselling someone else's service; see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TracFone_Wireless
"It operates as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), holding
agreements with the United States' largest wireless network operators to
provide service, including AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Verizon and
UScellular."

For example, Tracfone can do nothing to enable/disable the voicemail
service at whomever you are assigned as a customer of the actual
cellular provider. If you activate voicemail at the actual provider,
Tracfone cannot disable it. You're stuck hoping the actual provider
will assist you (as you are not the carrier's customer, but a customer
of Tracfone) to disable voicemail you no longer want. Since you are not
a customer of the actual provider, you don't get a web page to login to
the actual provider for your account, because you don't have an account
with them, where you could configure your service options.

You need to check the voicemail options with whomever's cellular service
that Tracfone assigned you to, and see what you can do regarding
deletion of messages. Wade through the voicemail prompts hunting for an
option to delete messages. You'll likely have one to delete a message,
but not an option to delete all messages.

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<sve321$17nf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28451&group=comp.mobile.android#28451

From: deanhof...@clod.com (Dean Hoffman)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:37:16 -0600
 by: Dean Hoffman - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 20:37 UTC

On 2/26/2022 9:24:54 AM, VanguardLH wrote:

> For me, there is no option

Everything you write VanguardLH shows you are an asshole.

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<ryacp1a31qja$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28455&group=comp.mobile.android#28455

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 14:55:57 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 20:55 UTC

Dean Hoffman wrote:

> On 2/26/2022 9:24:54 AM, VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> For me, there is no option
>
> Everything you write VanguardLH shows you are an asshole.

Everything you write shows you have no intention to help.

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<sve4fq$1tks$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28456&group=comp.mobile.android#28456

From: deanhof...@clod.com (Dean Hoffman)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:01:40 -0600
 by: Dean Hoffman - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 21:01 UTC

On 2/26/2022 1:55:57 PM, VanguardLH wrote:

>>> For me, there is no option
>>
>> Everything you write VanguardLH shows you are an asshole.
>
> Everything you write shows you have no intention to help.

What YOU wrote didn't help because you only want to be an asshole.
PLONK!

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<1p4mq1ur1xztg$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28458&group=comp.mobile.android#28458

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:04:45 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 21:04 UTC

Dean Hoffman wrote:

>>> Everything you write VanguardLH shows you are an asshole.
>>
>> Everything you write shows you have no intention to help.
>
> What YOU wrote didn't help because you only want to be an asshole.
> PLONK!

Anyone want to take bets his plonk threat is fake, too?

Re: Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?

<svebe9$ro1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28460&group=comp.mobile.android#28460

From: deanhof...@clod.com (Dean Hoffman)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 17:00:19 -0600
 by: Dean Hoffman - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 23:00 UTC

On 2/26/2022 2:04:45 PM, VanguardLH wrote:

>>> Everything you write shows you have no intention to help.
>>
>> What YOU wrote didn't help because you only want to be an asshole.
>> PLONK!
>
> Anyone want to take bets his plonk threat is fake, too?

You asshole troll vanguardlh!
How did you get past my killfile filters?
Plonk!

computers / comp.mobile.android / Delete Voicemail Messages without Hearing Them?