From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: What single-tap login-free traffic-related WEB URL SHORTCUTS do you use that all can benefit from?
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:49:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:49 UTC

This thread is opened so that everyone benefits from the knowledge that good
people have learned over time in vehicle navigation around the world.

*What single-tap login-free traffic-related WEB URLs do you recommend?*

In both a recent Android thread on migration of URL shortcuts and in an
iPhone thread on Apple's attempt to catch up to Google Maps, it was noted by
Steve and myself that there are rather useful single-tap login-free web
links which provide traffic-related information that augments that of either
Google/Apple maps. <https://i.postimg.cc/TwKwyBf8/migration03.jpg>

Since Steve and I are in the SantaCruz/SouthBay/SFBay area, we provided
local links that greatly augment the information Google/Apple apps provide.
<https://511.org>
<http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/>
<http://sigalert.com/>
etc. (Obviously you'll tailor all your shortcuts to your desired areas.)

To be even further purposefully helpful (and because I have a good heart),
I also provide this login-free Google link syntax which gives any user
anywhere in the world single-tap access to traffic anywhere they like.
<https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5,-122.5,11z/data=!5m1!1e1>

To even better help others, I ask for those with a purposeful heart to add
tested link syntax for other web sites of your local interest, so that
others may make use of what we all, collectively, know about this topic.
--
It's ok if you have nothing of value to add to the topic, so please post
only links related to tested SYNTAX for web based traffic navigation please.

Re: What single-tap login-free traffic-related WEB URL SHORTCUTS do you use that all can benefit from?

<svf53a$lpn$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28464&group=comp.mobile.android#28464

From: sch...@invalid.net (WaltS48)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 02:18:13 -0400
 by: WaltS48 - Sun, 27 Feb 2022 06:18 UTC

On 12/28/2021 4:49 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> This thread is opened so that everyone benefits from the knowledge that good
> people have learned over time in vehicle navigation around the world.
>
> *What single-tap login-free traffic-related WEB URLs do you recommend?*
>
> In both a recent Android thread on migration of URL shortcuts and in an
> iPhone thread on Apple's attempt to catch up to Google Maps, it was noted by
> Steve and myself that there are rather useful single-tap login-free web
> links which provide traffic-related information that augments that of either
> Google/Apple maps. <https://i.postimg.cc/TwKwyBf8/migration03.jpg>
>
> Since Steve and I are in the SantaCruz/SouthBay/SFBay area, we provided
> local links that greatly augment the information Google/Apple apps provide.
> <https://511.org>
> <http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/>
> <http://sigalert.com/>
> etc. (Obviously you'll tailor all your shortcuts to your desired areas.)
>
> To be even further purposefully helpful (and because I have a good heart),
> I also provide this login-free Google link syntax which gives any user
> anywhere in the world single-tap access to traffic anywhere they like.
> <https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5,-122.5,11z/data=!5m1!1e1>
>
> To even better help others, I ask for those with a purposeful heart to add
> tested link syntax for other web sites of your local interest, so that
> others may make use of what we all, collectively, know about this topic.

What's wrong with Google Maps?
No need to deal with web browsers.
Just turn on Google Maps traffic.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: What single-tap login-free traffic-related WEB URL SHORTCUTS do you use that all can benefit from?