If it wasn't for Newton, we wouldn't have to eat bruised apples.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: So why does the phone go black

SubjectAuthor
* So why does the phone go blackmicky
+* Re: So why does the phone go blacksms
|`- Re: So why does the phone go blackmicky
+- Re: So why does the phone go blackKen Hart
`* Re: So why does the phone go blackRJH
 `- Re: So why does the phone go blackmicky

1
So why does the phone go black

<g38i1hdou8npa3n3gtjdlre579osqeokvv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28361&group=comp.mobile.android#28361

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: So why does the phone go black
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 20:31:32 +0200
 by: micky - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:31 UTC

Whoever is suprised that I come up with so many new problems, here is
another one.

I've rented a new or almost new Citroen C-3 and it has only 8 vents on
the dash for the AC. 6 of them have a horizontal bar to direct the
breeze side to side. That leaves two with a possible place to attach a
a cellphone magnet, and both of those are right above the car radio
screen which is pretty big, though not all of it is iused. The margins
are wide IMO.

When the metal plate behind the cell ph one is in the middle, everything
works but the bottom 3rd of the phone obscures 2 or 3 square inches of
the map on the screen. So I moved the plate to the bottom of the phone.
This worked once, but now, every time I place the phone on the magnet,
even doing it slowly, the moment the phone touches the magnet. the
phne's screen turns black. Not much purpose in having the phone if the
screen is dark

How can this be? What is hpappening? Can I stop it?

There is no good place for the phone other than the dash. It's a
rentoal so I can't glue a holder to the dash and the vinyl is crinkle,
so I dont' think suction cups will hold.

I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?

Re: So why does the phone go black

<svb8p3$n4s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28362&group=comp.mobile.android#28362

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: So why does the phone go black
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:56:36 -0800
 by: sms - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:56 UTC

On 2/25/2022 10:31 AM, micky wrote:

<snip>

> I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
> big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?

The sleep function activates. It's designed so a magnet in a flip case
can put the phone to sleep when the cover is folded over the phone.

You didn't what phone you have so it's difficult to suggest any
workaround. There might be a way to disable the Sleep function.

Re: So why does the phone go black

<svbhvl$l2l$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28384&group=comp.mobile.android#28384

From: kwha...@frontier.com (Ken Hart)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:33:35 -0500
 by: Ken Hart - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:33 UTC

On 2/25/2022 1:31 PM, micky wrote:

> Whoever is suprised that I come up with so many new problems, here is
> another one.
>
> I've rented a new or almost new Citroen C-3 and it has only 8 vents on
> the dash for the AC. 6 of them have a horizontal bar to direct the
> breeze side to side. That leaves two with a possible place to attach a
> a cellphone magnet, and both of those are right above the car radio
> screen which is pretty big, though not all of it is iused. The margins
> are wide IMO.
>
> When the metal plate behind the cell ph one is in the middle, everything
> works but the bottom 3rd of the phone obscures 2 or 3 square inches of
> the map on the screen. So I moved the plate to the bottom of the phone.
> This worked once, but now, every time I place the phone on the magnet,
> even doing it slowly, the moment the phone touches the magnet. the
> phne's screen turns black. Not much purpose in having the phone if the
> screen is dark
>
> How can this be? What is hpappening? Can I stop it?
>
> There is no good place for the phone other than the dash. It's a
> rentoal so I can't glue a holder to the dash and the vinyl is crinkle,
> so I dont' think suction cups will hold.
>
> I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
> big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?

Turn off sleep mode.
--
Ken Hart
kwhart1@frontier.com

Re: So why does the phone go black

<svbjqn$1gfo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28392&group=comp.mobile.android#28392

From: patchmo...@gmx.com (RJH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:05:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: RJH - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:05 UTC

On 25 Feb 2022 at 6:31:32 PM, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

> I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
> big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?

Is the battery low?
--
Cheers, Rob

Re: So why does the phone go black

<6sap1h988sorhd05nld25cmja50002ok0g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28488&group=comp.mobile.android#28488

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:09:04 +0200
 by: micky - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:09 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 25 Feb 2022 10:56:36 -0800, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

>On 2/25/2022 10:31 AM, micky wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>> I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
>> big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?
>
>The sleep function activates. It's designed so a magnet in a flip case
>can put the phone to sleep when the cover is folded over the phone.
>
>You didn't what phone you have so it's difficult to suggest any
>workaround. There might be a way to disable the Sleep function.

Sorry, it's a Samsung Galaxy A30,

3 years old.

I think that is one of their cheaper ones. But didn't dash magnets
exist before those flip cases that turn off the screen. HOw dould they
make allowance for flip cases while undoing the system for dash magnets?

3 years old.

The closest I could find to "sleep function", after googling that for
Samsung, was under Developer Options, Stay Awak, screen will never
sleep while charging. But it didn't help.

FWIW it was nerve-wracking, driving on an exway last night in heavy
traffic, with only OSM on the car radio and google maps, which is much
better in this situaton. sitting on the passenger seat. I had to take
my eyes off the road to look at it, compared to if it wwere stuck to the
dahs.

Re: So why does the phone go black

<4cbp1h5ulqdo2vvaq5hrcrj77ruq5th5sv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28489&group=comp.mobile.android#28489

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:09:58 +0200
 by: micky - Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:09 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:05:12 -0000 (UTC), RJH
<patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:

>On 25 Feb 2022 at 6:31:32 PM, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't stand the phone up in the cup holder, because the screen is so
>> big it's in the way. So why does the phone go black?
>
>Is the battery low?

No fully charged. They're right about sleep mode I think but I can't
find how to turn it off?

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: So why does the phone go black