From: newskr...@krawl.org (NewsKrawler)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:13:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: NewsKrawler - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:13 UTC

https://gizmodo.com/oppos-new-fast-charger-can-charge-your-phone-in-just-15-1848601244
Oppo's 150W Fast Charging Will Fully Charge Your Phone in Just 15 Minutes

In five minutes the new standard can also charge a phone to 50% capacity.

With 150W SuperVOOC, a feature that Oppo plans to introduce on a new OnePlus
(a sub-brand of Oppo) smartphone sometime later this year, a device with a
4,500 mAh battery (larger than what Apple includes in the iPhone 13 Pro Max)
can charge from 1% to 50% in just five minutes, while the last 50% to a full
charge takes an additional 10 minutes. Impressive, but as The Verge points
out, Oppo hasn't shared what charging times are like if you're charging a
completely dead phone from 0%.

Charging a battery at high speeds isn't necessarily a new innovation, but
doing it safely, without significantly reducing that battery's life span, is
what makes the new 150W SuperVOOC standard particularly interesting.

Through a feature that Oppo calls its "Battery Health Engine," the charging
process is optimized based on how much energy is needed and the battery's
chemistry.

Oppo hasn't said if full charging speeds will be reached every single time
the charger is connected, but it has promised that after 1,600 charge
cycles, batteries charged with the 150W SuperVOOC technology will still
retain 80% of their original capacity.

Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology

<svm2un$ujm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28538&group=comp.mobile.android#28538

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine
technology
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:24:42 -0800
 by: sms - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:24 UTC

On 3/1/2022 12:13 PM, NewsKrawler wrote:
> https://gizmodo.com/oppos-new-fast-charger-can-charge-your-phone-in-just-15-1848601244
> Oppo's 150W Fast Charging Will Fully Charge Your Phone in Just 15 Minutes
>
> In five minutes the new standard can also charge a phone to 50% capacity.
>
> With 150W SuperVOOC, a feature that Oppo plans to introduce on a new OnePlus
> (a sub-brand of Oppo) smartphone sometime later this year, a device with a
> 4,500 mAh battery (larger than what Apple includes in the iPhone 13 Pro Max)
> can charge from 1% to 50% in just five minutes, while the last 50% to a full
> charge takes an additional 10 minutes. Impressive, but as The Verge points
> out, Oppo hasn't shared what charging times are like if you're charging a
> completely dead phone from 0%.

Another reason why Apple needs to move to USB-C charging. It's not
possible to go much higher with the Lightning port.

Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology

<010320221636114113%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28539&group=comp.mobile.android#28539

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 16:36:11 -0500
 by: nospam - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:36 UTC

In article <svm2un$ujm$1@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:

> > In five minutes the new standard can also charge a phone to 50% capacity.
> >
> > With 150W SuperVOOC, a feature that Oppo plans to introduce on a new OnePlus
> > (a sub-brand of Oppo) smartphone sometime later this year, a device with a
> > 4,500 mAh battery (larger than what Apple includes in the iPhone 13 Pro Max)
> > can charge from 1% to 50% in just five minutes, while the last 50% to a full
> > charge takes an additional 10 minutes. Impressive, but as The Verge points
> > out, Oppo hasn't shared what charging times are like if you're charging a
> > completely dead phone from 0%.
>
> Another reason why Apple needs to move to USB-C charging. It's not
> possible to go much higher with the Lightning port.

nope, since a 5 min charge is not something anyone actually needs, let
alone wants, plus it's brutal on the battery.

Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology

<svm4b6$3qj$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28540&group=comp.mobile.android#28540

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
technology
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 22:48:21 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Tue, 1 Mar 2022 21:48 UTC

Am 01.03.22 um 22:36 schrieb nospam:
> In article <svm2un$ujm$1@dont-email.me>, sms
> <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
>
>>> In five minutes the new standard can also charge a phone to 50% capacity.
>>>
>>> With 150W SuperVOOC, a feature that Oppo plans to introduce on a new OnePlus
>>> (a sub-brand of Oppo) smartphone sometime later this year, a device with a
>>> 4,500 mAh battery (larger than what Apple includes in the iPhone 13 Pro Max)
>>> can charge from 1% to 50% in just five minutes, while the last 50% to a full
>>> charge takes an additional 10 minutes. Impressive, but as The Verge points
>>> out, Oppo hasn't shared what charging times are like if you're charging a
>>> completely dead phone from 0%.
>>
>> Another reason why Apple needs to move to USB-C charging. It's not
>> possible to go much higher with the Lightning port.
>
> nope, since a 5 min charge is not something anyone actually needs, let
> alone wants, plus it's brutal on the battery.

You can grill your sausages on the battery...

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology

<svombu$bs4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=28545&group=comp.mobile.android#28545

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:08:09 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 21:08 UTC

Joerg Lorenz wrote:

>>> Another reason why Apple needs to move to USB-C charging. It's not
>>> possible to go much higher with the Lightning port.
>>
>> nope, since a 5 min charge is not something anyone actually needs, let
>> alone wants, plus it's brutal on the battery.
>
> You can grill your sausages on the battery...

Apple fucks the customer and then that customer gloats about Apple profits!
The fact they're always being fucked by Apple is why they say what they do.

FACTS:
Unlike my piece-of-shit iPhone 11 mini, my _free_ 64GB Android phone has a
whopping 5 Amp Hour battery _and_ it came with a fast charger in the box.

What these strange iKooks _hate_ about Apple is...
a. Not only do I _love_ that the huge battery essentially never dies.
b. But if I let it get low, the free fast charger is fantastically fast!

The iKooks _hated_ that Apple fucked them on the large batteries...
The iKooks _hate_ that Apple fucked them on the lack of a fast charger too!
--
Apple fucks the customer and then the customer gloats about Apple profits!

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Oppo's New 150W Fast Charging via Battery Health Engine technology