From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: sci.engr.joining.welding
Subject: Video Versus the Hood
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 12:23:09 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 19:23 UTC

I've got four autodark welding hoods, and one with a fixed #10 lens
(might be #11 I forget). Two of them are fairly cheap and two are what
I call 1st stage good. Not a top of the line, but first step up in
price to a helmet some pros have said is adequate. Arguably the Harbor
Freight Vulcan is the best or maybe its just my favorite. My son
prefers the Lincoln Viking. That's the better one Lincoln sent me for
free when I threw a temper tantrum about buying the most expensive
helmet in local box hardware store and finding out it didn't have a
replaceable battery. The Viking is pretty good.

Anyway, none of them produce anything close to the viewing picture you
see on video on the big welding video channels. Is the camera really
correcting that much or is there really an auto lens that will produce
that quality of viewing picture.

www.avg.com