Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: NASA announces first new missions to Venus in almost three decades
From: dumpst...@hotmail.com (dumpster4@hotmail.com)
 by: dumpster4@hotmail.co - Thu, 3 Jun 2021 15:01 UTC

"NASA announced plans on Wednesday to launch a pair of missions to
Venus between 2028 and 2030 – its first in decades – to study the
atmosphere and geologic features of Earth’s so-called sister planet and
better understand why the two emerged so differently.

The U.S. space agency said it was awarding about $500 million each to
develop the two missions, dubbed DAVINCI+ (short for Deep Atmosphere
Venus Investigation of Noble Gases, Chemistry and Imaging) and
VERITAS (an acronym for Venus Emissivity, Radio Science, InSAR,
Topography and Spectroscopy).

DAVINCI+ will measure the composition of the dense, hothouse
atmosphere of Venus to further understand how it evolved, while VERITAS
will map the planet’s surface from orbit to help determine its geologic
history, NASA said."

See:

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20210603-nasa-announces-first-new-missions-to-venus-in-almost-three-decades