Going the speed of light is bad for your age.

tech / rec.aviation.military / Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

SubjectAuthor
* Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)dump...@hotmail.com
`* Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)a425couple
 +* Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)Jim Wilkins
 |`* Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)a425couple
 | `- Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)a425couple
 `* Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)Stephen Harding
  `* Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)a425couple
   `- Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)Stephen Harding

1
Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<494ab226-875a-4478-9e5c-1d8f05c865f1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2942&group=rec.aviation.military#2942

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 10:49:14 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)
From: dumpst...@hotmail.com (dump...@hotmail.com)
 by: dump...@hotmail.com - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 18:49 UTC

Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks. Happy holidays everyone!

=======================================

Hundreds Call For Release Of Afghan Assets In Taliban-Sanctioned Protest

https://gandhara.rferl.org/a/kabul-protest-afghanistan-taliban-sanctioned/31619417.html

'Maybe the War Would Have Ended Earlier.' Afghanistan Watchdog Says Secrecy Hurt Oversight Effort

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/maybe-the-war-would-have-ended-earlier-afghanistan-watchdog-says-secrecy-hurt-oversight-effort/ar-AAS1lBf

The Pawns Gambit

https://www.strategypage.com/qnd/india/articles/20211221.aspx

New Survey Shows Afghan Media 'Carnage' After Taliban Takeover

https://gandhara.rferl.org/a/afghanistan-media-carnage-taliban-takeover/31618250.html

Pakistan is opening a dangerous Pandora's box with the Taliban

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/586567-pakistan-is-opening-a-dangerous-pandoras-box-with-the-taliban

Pakistan tests home-grown missile with additional range

https://apnews.com/article/pakistan-india-02f6b2194ed082d786b8640a650d00f4

First squadron of S-400 deployed in Punjab sector: Report

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/first-squadron-of-s-400-deployed-in-punjab-sector-report-101640055551309.html

Iran's envoy to Yemen's Houthis dies of COVID-19 after coming home - statement

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-689333

Tensions rising between U.S. and Iran; New Year’s seen as potential flashpoint

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/tensions-rising-us-iran-new-years-seen-potential-flashpoint-rcna9347

Iran fires ballistic and cruise missiles in Gulf war games

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-fires-ballistic-cruise-missiles-gulf-war-games-2021-12-21/

Iranian President Raisi’s Renewed Emphasis on Space Is Likely to Create New Tensions

https://warontherocks.com/2021/12/iranian-president-raisis-renewed-emphasis-on-space-is-likely-to-create-new-tensions/

Saudi-led coalition strikes halt UN aid flights into Yemen's capital

https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20211221-saudi-led-coalition-strikes-halt-un-aid-flights-into-yemen-s-capital

Turkey, Russia working closely on Syria issue as US excluded - analysis

https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/article-689355

U.N. Chief Calls for Investigation Into 2020 Lebanon Port Explosion That Killed 216

https://www.newsweek.com/un-chief-calls-investigation-2020-lebanon-port-explosion-that-killed-216-1661264

Israel said to arrest over 100 Hamas members in Hebron area in major sweep

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-said-to-arrest-over-100-hamas-members-in-hebron-area-in-major-sweep/

Palestinians shoot at IDF as it maps out demolition of terrorist homes

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-689296

10 Israelis set to be indicted for illegally exporting missiles to China

https://www.timesofisrael.com/10-israelis-set-to-be-indicted-for-illegally-exporting-missiles-to-china/

Ex-intel chief confirms Israel’s role in Soleimani killing

https://apnews.com/article/middle-east-iran-jerusalem-israel-military-intelligence-cfba78c69ae656697684ab92c4cac5b9

Hamas sees terrorism as the way to push Israel towards concessions - analysis

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/article-689370

French army kills key IS group suspect in 2020 murders of Niger aid workers

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20211221-french-army-says-it-killed-key-suspect-in-2020-murders-of-niger-aid-workers

Foreign Drones Tip the Balance in Ethiopia’s Civil War

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/20/world/africa/drones-ethiopia-war-turkey-emirates.html

Ukraine Enters Russian Invasion ‘Danger Period’

https://coffeeordie.com/russian-invasion-danger-period/

Analysis: 'No walkover' - Ukraine could extract high price for any Russian attack

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/analysis-no-walkover-ukraine-could-extract-high-price-for-any-russian-attack/ar-AAS1ozf

Pentagon Team Has Returned From Assessing Ukraine's Air Defense Needs

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43596/pentagon-team-has-returned-from-assessing-ukraines-air-defense-needs

Suspects in Dutch trial 'fully responsible' for MH17 downing, prosecution says

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/suspects-dutch-trial-fully-responsible-mh17-downing-prosecution-says-2021-12-21/

Russians who shot down Malaysian Airlines flight wanted to shoot down a Ukrainian fighter

https://warisboring.com/russians-who-shot-down-malaysian-airlines-flight-wanted-to-shoot-down-a-ukrainian-fighter/

Russia Is Now Claiming the U.S. Is Preparing a ‘Chemical Weapons’ Attack in Ukraine

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russias-defense-minister-sergei-shoigu-claims-us-is-preparing-chemical-weapons-attack

Putin Argues U.S., Talk of NATO Expansion to Blame for Increased Tensions With Ukraine

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-argues-us-talk-nato-expansion-blame-increased-tensions-ukraine-1661651

In 2014, Russia’s Black Sea Fleet Was Aging And Weak. Today, It Can Fire Cruise Missiles At Kiev.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2021/12/21/in-2014-russias-black-sea-fleet-was-aging-and-weak-today-it-can-fire-cruise-missiles-at-kiev/

Putin warns of possible military response over ‘aggressive’ Nato

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/21/putin-warns-of-possible-military-response-to-aggressive-nato-russia

The Changing Face of Russian Counter-Irregular Warfare

https://warontherocks.com/2021/12/the-changing-face-of-russian-counter-irregular-warfare/

Russia fires cruise missile from Sea of Japan in test exercise -media

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-fires-cruise-missile-from-sea-of-japan-in-test-exercise-media/ar-AAS0BJl

Russia Won't Rule Out Nukes in Belarus Amid NATO Standoff, Diplomat Says

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-rule-out-nukes-weapons-belarus-nato-standoff-ukraine-diplomat-andrey-rudenko-1661613

Russia’s Predator-Like Drone Is Now Shooting Down Other Drones

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43585/russias-predator-like-drone-is-now-shooting-down-other-drones

How the Kremlin Is Militarizing Russian Society

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/21/world/europe/russia-military-putin-kremlin.html

'Don't ask us any questions': Mother of dead fighter says Russian mercenary group left her in the dark and threatened her access to her son's gravesite

https://www.businessinsider.com/wagner-group-family-accounts-2021-12

Russian Citizens Are Now Being Prepped for Nuclear War

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-citizens-are-now-being-prepped-for-nuclear-war

Russia Introduces Regulations To Expedite Mass Burials Of Those Killed During Military Conflicts

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-mass-burials-regulations/31619324.html

Thirty years after Soviet collapse, Russia maintains grip on breakaway Georgian province

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20211221-thirty-years-after-fall-of-ussr-russian-maintains-grip-on-georgian-breakaway-province

Belarus, Poland block UN team from accessing border amid migrant crisis

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20211221-belarus-poland-block-un-team-from-accessing-border-amid-migrant-crisis

Hungary to Acquire IRIS-T Air-to-Air Missiles

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/12/21/hungary-iris-missile/

Bulgarian Air Force receives Zlin 242L trainers

https://defbrief.com/2021/12/21/bulgarian-air-force-receives-zlin-242l-trainers/

Nammo finalises drone-mounted M72 development

https://www.janes.com/defence-news/weapons-headlines/latest/nammo-finalises-drone-mounted-m72-development

Germany plans to step up Asian deployments after warship’s South China Sea foray

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3160545/germany-plans-step-asian-deployments-after-warships-south-china

The First Dreadnought-class submarine will enter service in the early 2030s

http://navyrecognition.com/index.php/naval-news/naval-news-archive/2021/december/11144-the-first-dreadnought-class-submarine-will-enter-service-in-the-early-2030s.html

BAE exploring military applications for Eve eVTOL aircraft

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/bae-exploring-military-applications-for-eve-evtol-aircraft/

American missionaries describe daring escape from Haitian kidnappers

https://www.france24.com/en/americas/20211221-american-missionaries-describe-daring-escape-from-haitian-kidnappers

US to Provide Weapons, Armored Vehicles to Haiti

https://www.thedefensepost.com/2021/12/21/us-weapons-vehicles-haiti/

China’s PLA Is a Peasant Army No More

https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2021/12/chinas-pla-peasant-army-no-more/360021/

China is Home to World's First Small Modular Nuclear Reactor

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-21/new-reactor-spotlights-china-s-push-to-lead-way-in-nuclear-power

China: Snitching To Survive

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htintel/articles/20211221.aspx

Bullish China Warns U.S. Unification With Taiwan Unstoppable by 'Any Force'

https://www.newsweek.com/bullish-china-warns-us-unification-taiwan-unstoppable-any-force-1661529

Chinese spies have penetrated Taiwan’s military, case documents reveal

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/taiwan-china-espionage/

Would China Really Invade Taiwan? The US Military Isn’t Taking Any Chances

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/12/would-china-really-invade-taiwan-the-us-military-isnt-taking-any-chances/

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<HBZBJ.296742$IW4.71806@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2946&group=rec.aviation.military#2946

Subject: Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 08:10:16 -0800
 by: a425couple - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 16:10 UTC

On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks. Happy holidays everyone!

And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
you and all other readers here on 'ram'.

I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
vacation. Pretty nice trip.
Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
access.
It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
very thrilled we are with them again.
Grandchildren are also very happy we are
here to regularly care for them again.

But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
of Covid........

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<sr9q1e$s1h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2947&group=rec.aviation.military#2947

From: muratla...@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 11:33:17 -0500
 by: Jim Wilkins - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 16:33 UTC

"a425couple" wrote in message news:HBZBJ.296742$IW4.71806@fx48.iad...

On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from spotty
> to non-existent for the next few days/weeks. Happy holidays everyone!

And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
you and all other readers here on 'ram'.

I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
vacation. Pretty nice trip.
Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
access.
It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
very thrilled we are with them again.
Grandchildren are also very happy we are
here to regularly care for them again.

But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
of Covid........

------------------------
Welcome back. I hope his case is mild.

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<srabiq$5au$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2948&group=rec.aviation.military#2948

From: stephenh...@gmail.com (Stephen Harding)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 16:33:13 -0500
 by: Stephen Harding - Fri, 7 Jan 2022 21:33 UTC

On 1/7/22 11:10 AM, a425couple wrote:
> On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from
>> spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks.  Happy holidays
>> everyone!
>>

> And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
> you and all other readers here on 'ram'.
>
> I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
> to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
> vacation.  Pretty nice trip.
> Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
> access.
> It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
> but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
> very thrilled we are with them again.
> Grandchildren are also very happy we are
> here to regularly care for them again.
>
> But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
> of Covid........

My 95 year old mother, already suffering from a C. diff digestive
infection tested positive for COVID. For a couple weeks she had a mild
cough and said she felt fatigued, and then...gone!

Everyone is different so I hope your in-law has my mother's version of
the virus.

Happy New Year!

SMH

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<I0lCJ.29239$8Q7.20166@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2949&group=rec.aviation.military#2949

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2022 10:49:12 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sat, 8 Jan 2022 18:49 UTC

On 1/7/2022 8:33 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "a425couple"  wrote in message news:HBZBJ.296742$IW4.71806@fx48.iad...
>
> On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from
>> spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks.  Happy holidays
>> everyone!
>>

> And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
> you and all other readers here on 'ram'.
>
> I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
> to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
> vacation.  Pretty nice trip.
> Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
> access.
> It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
> but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
> very thrilled we are with them again.
> Grandchildren are also very happy we are
> here to regularly care for them again.
>
> But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
> of Covid........
>
> ------------------------
> Welcome back. I hope his case is mild.

Thank you friend.

Yes, agree. Hoping so.

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<Fb_CJ.96699$L_2.10455@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2950&group=rec.aviation.military#2950

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 09:39:50 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 17:39 UTC

On 1/7/2022 1:33 PM, Stephen Harding wrote:
> On 1/7/22 11:10 AM, a425couple wrote:
>> On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from
>>> spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks.  Happy holidays
>>> everyone!
>>>

>> And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
>> you and all other readers here on 'ram'.
>>
>> I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
>> to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
>> vacation.  Pretty nice trip.
>> Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
>> access.
>> It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
>> but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
>> very thrilled we are with them again.
>> Grandchildren are also very happy we are
>> here to regularly care for them again.
>>
>> But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
>> of Covid........
>>

> Happy New Year!
> SMH

Thank you for the good wishes.

> My 95 year old mother, already suffering from a C. diff digestive
> infection tested positive for COVID. For a couple weeks she had a mild
> cough and said she felt fatigued, and then...gone!
>
> Everyone is different so I hope your in-law has my mother's version of
> the virus.

That needed re-reading a couple times.
In considering the context, I'm believing it
was the 'sickness' that was suddenly "gone".
Good.

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<sries1$280$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2951&group=rec.aviation.military#2951

From: stephenh...@gmail.com (Stephen Harding)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 18:18:24 -0500
 by: Stephen Harding - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 23:18 UTC

On 1/10/22 12:39 PM, a425couple wrote:
> On 1/7/2022 1:33 PM, Stephen Harding wrote:
>>>>

>>> And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
>>> you and all other readers here on 'ram'.
>>>
>>> I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
>>> to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
>>> vacation.  Pretty nice trip.
>>> Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
>>> access.
>>> It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
>>> but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
>>> very thrilled we are with them again.
>>> Grandchildren are also very happy we are
>>> here to regularly care for them again.
>>>
>>> But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
>>> of Covid........
>>>

>> Happy New Year!
>> SMH
>>
> Thank you for the good wishes.
>

> > My 95 year old mother, already suffering from a C. diff digestive
> > infection tested positive for COVID.  For a couple weeks she had a mild
> > cough and said she felt fatigued, and then...gone!
> >
> > Everyone is different so I hope your in-law has my mother's version of
> > the virus.
>
> That needed re-reading a couple times.
> In considering the context,  I'm believing it
> was the 'sickness' that was suddenly "gone".
> Good.

Ah! Yes indeed, the COVID was gone.

In the other context, it would not have been a very good note of
encouragement would it?

SMH

Re: Af/Pak & Other News (12/21/2021)

<7MBDJ.112009$zF3.90082@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=2963&group=rec.aviation.military#2963

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 06:41:10 -0800
 by: a425couple - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:41 UTC

On 1/8/2022 10:49 AM, a425couple wrote:
> On 1/7/2022 8:33 AM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> "a425couple"  wrote in message news:HBZBJ.296742$IW4.71806@fx48.iad...
>>
>> On 12/21/2021 10:49 AM, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Due to Christmas/New Year's holiday, my net access will range from
>>> spotty to non-existent for the next few days/weeks.  Happy holidays
>>> everyone!
>>
>> And, an embarrassingly late Happy Holidays back to
>> you and all other readers here on 'ram'.
>>
>> I left my cold and wet Pacific Northwest to go down
>> to fairly warm Tampa Bay Florida for a three week
>> vacation.  Pretty nice trip.
>> Well, I'm back now,,,,, and with normal internet
>> access.
>> It's cold, the lake is flooding our yard,
>> but the two dogs did not forget us, and are
>> very thrilled we are with them again.
>> Grandchildren are also very happy we are
>> here to regularly care for them again.
>>
>> But,,,,, meanwhile the son-in-law has a case
>> of Covid........
>>
>> ------------------------
>> Welcome back. I hope his case is mild.
>
> Thank you friend.
> Yes, agree.  Hoping so.

Well, I guess it "all" has run it's course, so I
probably ought to report / let others learn
for their knowledge.

On Thursday we had the 4 year old grandchild
all day, and the 6 year old from end of school
to 5 pm ish. That day he s-i-l, came down feeling
ill, very tired, etc.

That Saturday and Sunday youngest daughter / nurse
had to work her internship at Hospital ER, and
THEY decided he was not up to care for the two kids.
Soooooo, we got them both days. I do love the
grandkids, but in my mid 70's, I got grumpy at
3 days out of 4 with the kiddy care.
I asked why he got a restful and quiet two days
alone in his house, while I did not? Hmmmmm.

Monday and Tuesday he felt better, and worked
from his home. Nobody else effected so far.
So, I guess we will call his case "mild" and
mine as a grumpy old man.