What this country needs is a good five cent microcomputer.

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Merry Christmas From OBTP

SubjectAuthor
* Merry Christmas From OBTPyoungbl...@gmail.com
+* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPHank Nixon
|`- Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPJohn Godfrey
+* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPCharlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
|`* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPyoungbl...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPyoungbl...@gmail.com
`* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPCharles Longley
 `* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPyoungbl...@gmail.com
  `* Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPCharlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
   `- Re: Merry Christmas From OBTPyoungbl...@gmail.com

1
Merry Christmas From OBTP

<2b17a307-4bed-493e-aedc-703d61d2b01an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30302&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30302

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 13:06:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Merry Christmas From OBTP
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Thu, 22 Dec 2022 21:06 UTC

As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<6dffdca1-d128-4cbf-8aef-6dcb74605f9dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30315&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30315

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 05:53:31 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP
From: unclh...@earthlink.net (Hank Nixon)
 by: Hank Nixon - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:53 UTC

On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good flight
UH

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<0a0deadf-e873-4d4d-b011-bfbb086e2055n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30317&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30317

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 06:17:29 -0800 (PST)
From: quebec.t...@gmail.com (John Godfrey)
 by: John Godfrey - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 14:17 UTC

On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 8:53:33 AM UTC-5, Hank Nixon wrote:
> On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> > I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> > After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> > Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> > Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
> Merry Christmas to all and to all a good flight
> UH
What UH said!

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<f87cd98c-3d4b-4ad7-bbb1-7922992853ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30321&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30321

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 06:55:49 -0800 (PST)
From: charlied...@gmail.com (Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot))
 by: Charlie M. (UH & - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 14:55 UTC

On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
Yes, Happy Holidays to all (as to not miss something, or upset someone).
So, 2022 was hectic for me, but trying to make 2023 better.
Wishing everyone a good new year, thankful you're still here to banter (except the multipart mad man) may see some of you at contests with me flying them, not just crewing.
Best for health, friends and family.

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<0122179b-9057-4e10-9376-0be5c9b985a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30341&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30341

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 13:28:55 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Fri, 23 Dec 2022 21:28 UTC

On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 9:55:51 AM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> > I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> > After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> > Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> > Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
> Yes, Happy Holidays to all (as to not miss something, or upset someone).
> So, 2022 was hectic for me, but trying to make 2023 better.
> Wishing everyone a good new year, thankful you're still here to banter (except the multipart mad man) may see some of you at contests with me flying them, not just crewing.
> Best for health, friends and family.
Great year here in Florida except for a bit of radiation and chemicals, but don't fret, old Bob, The Purist is back better than ever. Just today while it was sub zero in many parts of the country OBTP was flying my Pawnee and will be dressing up like Santa on fly the Pawnee on Christmas day. Now you big dogs better get ready for something special this year at the Geritol Classic, like James Brown once sang, 'I Feel Good"!

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<bb9f48b8-fe42-4a11-bea2-675d68e19594n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30369&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30369

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 12:34:39 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 20:34 UTC

On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 4:28:57 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, December 23, 2022 at 9:55:51 AM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 4:06:25 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> > > I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance..
> > > After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> > > Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke.. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> > > Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
> > Yes, Happy Holidays to all (as to not miss something, or upset someone)..
> > So, 2022 was hectic for me, but trying to make 2023 better.
> > Wishing everyone a good new year, thankful you're still here to banter (except the multipart mad man) may see some of you at contests with me flying them, not just crewing.
> > Best for health, friends and family.
> Great year here in Florida except for a bit of radiation and chemicals, but don't fret, old Bob, The Purist is back better than ever. Just today while it was sub zero in many parts of the country OBTP was flying my Pawnee and will be dressing up like Santa on fly the Pawnee on Christmas day. Now you big dogs better get ready for something special this year at the Geritol Classic, like James Brown once sang, 'I Feel Good"!
Looks like the cold weather is pushing further south and here in the sub tropical areas of Florida. Tonight might just hit 32 F and the wind will be about 15 from the North. As DS made notice of yesterday the iguanas will certainly be dropping from the trees. I was able to fly the tow plane today, even had my shorts on. OBTP

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<ee503926-d183-4476-b15e-631f08d59a5en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30371&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30371

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:09:39 -0800 (PST)
From: kuzit...@gmail.com (Charles Longley)
 by: Charles Longley - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 22:09 UTC

Merry Christmas from rainy Ireland Bob!

Charlie

On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 3:06:25 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<10ae1241-f289-48f6-bab3-4d563d931f70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30374&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30374

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 15:47:57 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 23:47 UTC

On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 5:09:41 PM UTC-5, kuzi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Merry Christmas from rainy Ireland Bob!
>
> Charlie
> On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 3:06:25 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> > I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance.
> > After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> > Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> > Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
Thanks Charlie, be safe. I was in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday at the Pawnee shop, pretty impressive. OBTP

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<723b55a1-c589-4336-b266-57ce6eddeac9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30377&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30377

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 17:46:58 -0800 (PST)
From: charlied...@gmail.com (Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot))
 by: Charlie M. (UH & - Sun, 25 Dec 2022 01:46 UTC

On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 6:47:59 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 5:09:41 PM UTC-5, kuzi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Merry Christmas from rainy Ireland Bob!
> >
> > Charlie
> > On Thursday, December 22, 2022 at 3:06:25 PM UTC-6, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > As the weather in most all parts is absolutely miserable OBTP is enjoying the wonderful weather of South Florida. As I drove through Ft. Lauderdale today it was a beautiful 77 degrees and the sky was filled with towering cumulus clouds.
> > > I picked up a Pawnee part in Ft. Lauderdale and headed back to the paradise of Vero Beach where the weather was beautiful and the Pawnee was there in the hangar awaiting my return so that I could do a bit of maintenance..
> > > After the maintenance I got into the Pawnee with my flip flops, nice shorts and a Tommy Bahama flowered shirt, short sleeve of course and took a bit of a flight.
> > > Now as the rest of you get ready to enjoy you holiday I wish you the best, stay warm, be safe and enjoy your family. OBTP will be here at the ranch, having a nice holiday feast and enjoying a nice Matusalem rum and coke.. I also will be planning our Soaring Safari task for this 2023 year. Several pilots are already planning to come on down to Vero Beach and take part of our beautiful soaring venue and conditions, we even have motorgliders coming this year.
> > > Take care and enjoy the holidays. Old Bob, The Purist
> Thanks Charlie, be safe. I was in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday at the Pawnee shop, pretty impressive. OBTP
If ya chat with Neal, tell him I say hi, he is busy right now, but maybe you chat with him.
I believe your better half flies a ASW-24, that was my contest ship in -22, will be in -23 (ummm...24-e as in electric...but I fly as pure...power is a backup...) yes,I have used it as a bailout and a self retrieve .
I will be in Perry, long trip for either of us from there (13 hours from home to Perry, another 6 or so to you...sigh...).

Re: Merry Christmas From OBTP

<0c4afa56-8332-4934-9cce-65def5414459n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30401&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30401

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 13:29:29 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Mon, 26 Dec 2022 21:29 UTC

On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 8:47:00 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
> On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 6:47:59 PM UTC-5, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 24, 2022 at 5:09:41 PM UTC-5, kuzi...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Merry Christmas from rainy Ireland Bob!
> > >
> > > Charlie
> > Thanks Charlie, be safe. I was in Ft. Lauderdale yesterday at the Pawnee shop, pretty impressive. OBTP
> If ya chat with Neal, tell him I say hi, he is busy right now, but maybe you chat with him.
> I believe your better half flies a ASW-24, that was my contest ship in -22, will be in -23 (ummm...24-e as in electric...but I fly as pure...power is a backup...) yes,I have used it as a bailout and a self retrieve .
> I will be in Perry, long trip for either of us from there (13 hours from home to Perry, another 6 or so to you...sigh...).
Charlie, Neal falls in love on every trip, only comes back around when rested up! If I see him I will tell him you asked about him., he is a real character. Oh yes, the 24, Eileen really likes it, kind of glad that gives the 27 to me. Old Bob, The Purist