Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Re: Siminole Gliderport

SubjectAuthor
* Siminole GliderportLuis Tuya
+- Re: Siminole GliderportCharles Longley
+- Re: Siminole Gliderport2G
+- Re: Siminole Gliderportyoungbl...@gmail.com
`- Re: Siminole Gliderportwaltco...@aol.com

1
Siminole Gliderport

<97ae082c-cfa9-45e2-a3d2-61c984946682n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30994&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30994

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 17:58:47 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Siminole Gliderport
From: luistuy...@yahoo.com (Luis Tuya)
 by: Luis Tuya - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 01:58 UTC

Its amazing how much bullshit is ask about the owner of Seminole Gliderport, what he has done or why he can't return to the united states, it's really non of my concern. I went looking for a commercial Glider add on. I really didn't care nor give a shit what owner has done. I went to Seminole glider port to acquire my glider Certificate. I completed my glider certification with one of the most professional Glider/Pilot instructors i have ever come across is my 47 years in aviation. I had the pleasure of flying with instructor Mr. Jan Driessen. Instructor Mr. Jan, is the best, excellent pilot with an unbelievable experience and knowledge in aviation. At no point while flying at Seminole Gliderport
did the issues with the owner ever come into play, nor had any negative impact on my experience with anyone at the location.
I wish I had the money to purchase at the airfield or a home at the Glider Port. You want to learn to fly a glider!!!! Seminole Gliderport is the place to go in Florida.

Re: Siminole Gliderport

<587c29a1-75da-414e-a1e0-3c2b8e5d82cen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30995&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30995

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 21:09:40 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Siminole Gliderport
From: kuzit...@gmail.com (Charles Longley)
 by: Charles Longley - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 05:09 UTC

"On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 8:58:49 PM UTC-5, Luis Tuya wrote:
> Its amazing how much bullshit is ask about the owner of Seminole Gliderport, what he has done or why he can't return to the united states, it's really non of my concern. I went looking for a commercial Glider add on. I really didn't care nor give a shit what owner has done. I went to Seminole glider port to acquire my glider Certificate. I completed my glider certification with one of the most professional Glider/Pilot instructors i have ever come across is my 47 years in aviation. I had the pleasure of flying with instructor Mr. Jan Driessen. Instructor Mr. Jan, is the best, excellent pilot with an unbelievable experience and knowledge in aviation. At no point while flying at Seminole Gliderport
> did the issues with the owner ever come into play, nor had any negative impact on my experience with anyone at the location.
> I wish I had the money to purchase at the airfield or a home at the Glider Port. You want to learn to fly a glider!!!! Seminole Gliderport is the place to go in Florida.

I am going to take your review with a grain of salt.

Re: Siminole Gliderport

<86a2abe9-3581-43de-a0ae-ac18d8123a90n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30997&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30997

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 23:02:59 -0800 (PST)
From: soar2mor...@yahoo.com (2G)
 by: 2G - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 07:02 UTC

On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 5:58:49 PM UTC-8, Luis Tuya wrote:
> Its amazing how much bullshit is ask about the owner of Seminole Gliderport, what he has done or why he can't return to the united states, it's really non of my concern. I went looking for a commercial Glider add on. I really didn't care nor give a shit what owner has done. I went to Seminole glider port to acquire my glider Certificate. I completed my glider certification with one of the most professional Glider/Pilot instructors i have ever come across is my 47 years in aviation. I had the pleasure of flying with instructor Mr. Jan Driessen. Instructor Mr. Jan, is the best, excellent pilot with an unbelievable experience and knowledge in aviation. At no point while flying at Seminole Gliderport
> did the issues with the owner ever come into play, nor had any negative impact on my experience with anyone at the location.
> I wish I had the money to purchase at the airfield or a home at the Glider Port. You want to learn to fly a glider!!!! Seminole Gliderport is the place to go in Florida.

That has ALWAYS been my position on the questionable aspects of Seminole's owner. WHY should users care whether or not the owner is an international criminal? Answer: they SHOULDN'T. Just go there and get the services you are looking for. Some people, however, don't think that way and Rich blames me for that, even though I have NOTHING to do with the illegal activities of the owner, other than to point it out (which is publically available information).

Tom

Re: Siminole Gliderport

<e19f9196-7394-4d1f-b083-23bf8bdb0557n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=30998&group=rec.aviation.soaring#30998

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2023 03:59:24 -0800 (PST)
From: youngblo...@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Thu, 2 Feb 2023 11:59 UTC

On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 8:58:49 PM UTC-5, Luis Tuya wrote:
> Its amazing how much bullshit is ask about the owner of Seminole Gliderport, what he has done or why he can't return to the united states, it's really non of my concern. I went looking for a commercial Glider add on. I really didn't care nor give a shit what owner has done. I went to Seminole glider port to acquire my glider Certificate. I completed my glider certification with one of the most professional Glider/Pilot instructors i have ever come across is my 47 years in aviation. I had the pleasure of flying with instructor Mr. Jan Driessen. Instructor Mr. Jan, is the best, excellent pilot with an unbelievable experience and knowledge in aviation. At no point while flying at Seminole Gliderport
> did the issues with the owner ever come into play, nor had any negative impact on my experience with anyone at the location.
> I wish I had the money to purchase at the airfield or a home at the Glider Port. You want to learn to fly a glider!!!! Seminole Gliderport is the place to go in Florida.

Luis, there are a couple of commercial operations in Florida, SLGP being one of them and Miami Gliders is another. Both of the commercial operations offer training services, and both support the sport extremely well. There are clubs in Florida that also do primary training, Treasure Coast Soaring, North Florida Soaring and Tampa Bay all offer the same services. Our club instructor which we have four or five have years of experience as well, Tommy Augustsson PhD, MIT, does most of our primary training, he also received the SSA instructor of the year in 2021 and was also one of the top three in 2022
The big difference for our club is location, nice hotels within 1 mile, restaurants, night life and a beautiful beach, coffee shops, and a Navy Seal Museum that is certainly worth visiting. So try visiting the other soaring locations in Florida, it might just be an eye opener. Old Bob, The Purist & Towpilot

Re: Siminole Gliderport

<0e8f8d1f-ce01-43e1-acae-3d99a3e280cbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=31010&group=rec.aviation.soaring#31010

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 05:14:35 -0800 (PST)
From: waltconn...@aol.com (waltco...@aol.com)
 by: waltco...@aol.com - Sat, 4 Feb 2023 13:14 UTC

On Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 8:58:49 PM UTC-5, Luis Tuya wrote:
> Its amazing how much bullshit is ask about the owner of Seminole Gliderport, what he has done or why he can't return to the united states, it's really non of my concern. I went looking for a commercial Glider add on. I really didn't care nor give a shit what owner has done. I went to Seminole glider port to acquire my glider Certificate. I completed my glider certification with one of the most professional Glider/Pilot instructors i have ever come across is my 47 years in aviation. I had the pleasure of flying with instructor Mr. Jan Driessen. Instructor Mr. Jan, is the best, excellent pilot with an unbelievable experience and knowledge in aviation. At no point while flying at Seminole Gliderport
> did the issues with the owner ever come into play, nor had any negative impact on my experience with anyone at the location.
> I wish I had the money to purchase at the airfield or a home at the Glider Port. You want to learn to fly a glider!!!! Seminole Gliderport is the place to go in Florida.

I could not agree with you more regarding Jan Driessen, the best of the best and I hope they are paying him what he is worth. As for the OWNER, when I first arrived at SLGP more than a decade ago to do a commercial add on I was fascinated by what the locals, largely homeowners on the Gliderport had to say about him. Were they wrong? Were they misinformed?

I spent several years flying gliders and later towing at SLGP, I kept my ears open, listened to conversations of which I was not a participant. Some very interesting goings on. The bottom line is one never knows the whole truth, only what we are told or read. Does it matter that he is an international man of mystery to the operation of the facility? In my constitutionally protected opinion there are those who look the other way because they want to keep their playground in play. Understandable.

Is it that people are still asking bullshit about the owner that is the genesis of your comments?

Walt Connelly