From: 69jpi...@gmail.com (jillery)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: OT: T.O. down again?
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 14:34:19 -0400
 by: jillery - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 18:34 UTC

It's been over 24 hours since the last post to T.O., and that's good
evidence T.O. is down. I bet 100 quatloos it has something to do with
DIG altering Beagle's blacklist script. My impression is some trolls
have caught on to the challenge of doing this, and deliberately spam
offensive noise to entice others to invoke DIG's wrath.

Whether or not my impression is true, whether or not DIG altered
anything this time, I recommend that future invokers carefully
consider the past complications from DIG's alterations before invoking
his name. There are other, faster, less obtrusive, and more effective
ways of handling personally offensive posts and posters besides
expecting DIG to do a server-level block.

FWIW I sent an email to DIG informing him of Beagle's most recent
estivation.

Re: OT: T.O. down again?

<xbednVNKxdSJHID8nZ2dnUU7-bPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3208&group=sci.bio.paleontology#3208

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: Re: OT: T.O. down again?
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 16:52:20 -0500
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:52 UTC

jillery <69jpil69@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's been over 24 hours since the last post to T.O., and that's good
> evidence T.O. is down. I bet 100 quatloos it has something to do with
> DIG altering Beagle's blacklist script. My impression is some trolls
> have caught on to the challenge of doing this, and deliberately spam
> offensive noise to entice others to invoke DIG's wrath.
>
> Whether or not my impression is true, whether or not DIG altered
> anything this time, I recommend that future invokers carefully
> consider the past complications from DIG's alterations before invoking
> his name. There are other, faster, less obtrusive, and more effective
> ways of handling personally offensive posts and posters besides
> expecting DIG to do a server-level block.
>
> FWIW I sent an email to DIG informing him of Beagle's most recent
> estivation.

Thanks for giving him a heads up.