Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
From: jfmezei....@vaxination.ca (JF Mezei)
Subject: Gravity
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 20:39:29 -0500
 by: JF Mezei - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:39 UTC

When I watched the movie Gravity, the total lack of awareness of orbital
mechanics and George Clooney "playing" with his EVA suit's thrusters to
waste fuel really put me off the movie.

However, as I look at a number of videos on movie special effects,
Gravity keeps coming up as a very good movie.

ex: https://youtu.be/G0cPeEAhzWU?t=862

The fact that when watching it, I was focused on orbital mechanics
instead of noticing CGI, lighting etc means that the CGI and lighting
was really well done. Apparently, there is a very long one shot scene
too in it.