From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: PIxel Buds Pro
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:29:53 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 15:29 UTC

Got mine today, I'm not a massive earphones user, because I find the cords
annoying, so decided to try some.

Not much to compare them to, the treble seems quite tinny, almost like a needle
in your ears, maybe I've had them too loud on day-one.

They've cut out a couple of times after half-an hour playing music, I did try
walking round the house while leaving the phone behind, they seemed to cope with
that and slightly out into the garden ok.

tried one Teams audio call with them, I found the other party was too quiet, and
he commented that the audio quality wasn't as good as my normal setup (Logitech
920 webcam's mic which I get zero complaints about, ever)

At first I could hear the difference between switching noise cancel on/off, now
I don't seem to be able to tell ... maybe early firmware that will get an update?

Re: PIxel Buds Pro

<jkfrirFd8hcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33530&group=comp.mobile.android#33530

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: PIxel Buds Pro
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:24:59 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 28 Jul 2022 16:24 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

> At first I could hear the difference between switching noise cancel on/off, now
> I don't seem to be able to tell ... maybe early firmware that will get an update?

Firmware is up to date apparently, but I did get an update to the Pixel Buds
app, and that helped in a few ways

1) It makes it easy to change from cancellation/augmentation/no-processing
without using fiddly finger gestures on the earbuds.

2) The tutorial asked me to play some test tones, during which it asked me to
keep still and quiet, while it listens for sound leaking from your ears, on that
basis it recommended I change both ears from the medium to large rubber tips,
after which it further recommended that I push the left bud deeper into my ear,
and that gave better bass at lower volume levels and not so tinny like before,
clever stuff.

Still getting random "BING!" disconnect while listening to music though, which
is annoying.

Re: PIxel Buds Pro

<jkhje9Fli77U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33540&group=comp.mobile.android#33540

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:18:15 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 08:18 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

> maybe early firmware that will get an update?

Upgrade available this morning ...

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: PIxel Buds Pro