From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: What is a use model where we might want to spoof a Wi-Fi & GPS provider?
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 07:19:00 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 06:19 UTC

*What is a use model where we might want to spoof a Wi-Fi & GPS provider?*

While I have plenty of fake-GPS mock-location apps, this has no ads:
*Fake GPS location* by Lexa
Free, no ads, requires gsf, rated 4.6, 456K reviews, 10M+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps>

And that app can randomize movement (but it doesn't stick to roads),
and it can spoof the wi-fi network provider, whatever that means.
<https://i.postimg.cc/pdf8prL4/screenshot03.jpg> Spoof Wi-Fi Provider

Other GPS apps (albeit with ads) can do a _lot_ more than that though,
such as set the location by coordinates, or randomly move along roadways by
a given distance per a given time period (which can itself be random), and
they can start at the last location, and they can randomize the amount of
movement per second, and they can spoof the altitude, and some can set a
specific exact location by the keyboard instead of only graphically, etc.
They can even send the location to another phone or get the location from
another phone if you want that.
<https://i.postimg.cc/ZKXjT326/mocklocation01.jpg> Android mock location
<https://i.postimg.cc/SRvdYzsF/mocklocation02.jpg> Best mock location apps
<https://i.postimg.cc/DySBk5j2/mocklocation03.jpg> Mock location setting
<https://i.postimg.cc/7L8BN7Nq/mocklocation04.jpg> Spoof wifi/gps provider
<https://i.postimg.cc/MZPdFgYP/mocklocation05.jpg> Randomize road speed

I'm not sure the use, but others can spoof both the Wi-Fi & GPS provider.
My question is what good is that?

*What is a use model where we might want to spoof a Wi-Fi & GPS provider?*

computers / comp.mobile.android / What is a use model where we might want to spoof a Wi-Fi & GPS provider?