From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: iOS 15 support
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 11:50:19 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 18:50 UTC

On 2022-08-04 17:14, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Your Name wrote:
>
>> The usual anti-Apple troll bollocks. Try updating an old mobile device
>> to the latest Android ... can't be done.
>
> The fact remains a fact that Apple kills operating systems sooner than
> any other maker of common consumer operating systems...
> Such that... *Apple products just die on you.*
>
> You _hate_ the fact Apple products have the shortest support lifecycle.
> But the fact you hate that fact doesn't change the fact it's a fact.
>
>> Try updating an old computer to the latest Windows ... can't be done.
>
> My desktop is from 2008 and, as such, it has had _many_ versions of Windows
> on it since then, and currently it runs Windows 10 just fine.
>
> By way of stark contrast, due to the stone-age iOS monolithic design and
> Apple marketing strategy of killing off its old products, try to run a
> modern iOS on an Apple device from that same time frame.
>
> Note the _adult_ observation: It can't be done.
> Why not?
>
> Because Apple kills off their operating systems sooner than anyone else.
>
>> Every OS developer on Earth eventually drops support for old devices,
>> no matter how many people are still using them.
>
> My desktop was built in 2008 and it runs the key Windows 10 apps just fine.
>
> My point is clearly that you iKooks don't realize this fundamental fact:
> *Apple kills off their operating systems sooner than anyone else.*

Computers and smartphones are different devices, and computers haven't
changed nearly as much since 2008 as smartphones have.

iOS 15 supports iPhones back to the iPhone 6s...

....which was released nearly 7 years ago.

What is the oldest Android phone supported by the most current version
of Android, hmmm?

Re: iOS 15 support

<jl5937Ftb2eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33758&group=comp.mobile.android#33758

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: 5 Aug 2022 19:24:24 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 19:24 UTC

On 2022-08-05, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2022-08-04 17:14, Andy Burnelli wrote:
>>
>> My desktop was built in 2008 and it runs the key Windows 10 apps just
>> fine.
>>
>> My point is clearly that you iKooks don't realize this fundamental
>> fact: *Apple kills off their operating systems sooner than anyone
>> else.*
>
> Computers and smartphones are different devices, and computers haven't
> changed nearly as much since 2008 as smartphones have.
>
> iOS 15 supports iPhones back to the iPhone 6s...
>
> ...which was released nearly 7 years ago.
>
> What is the oldest Android phone supported by the most current version
> of Android, hmmm?

One example: The HTC Dream was released in 2008 as the first device to
use the Android operating system, and can't run anything past Android
*1.6* (Donut): <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Dream> For those
keeping track, the current Android release is Android *12* which was
released on October 4, 2021.

The resident Apple-hating troll, Andy (Arlen), reeeeally wants you to
ignore this FACT. ; )

JR

Re: iOS 15 support

<tcmf0f$9iu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33768&group=comp.mobile.android#33768

Followup: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system
From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 20:22:19 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 19:22 UTC

Jolly Roger wrote:

>> What is the oldest Android phone supported by the most current version
>> of Android, hmmm?
>
> One example: The HTC Dream was released in 2008

If the _best_ you can do to compare the iPhone to is the "HTC Dream",
then that shows how _desperate_ iKooks are to defend the demise of iOS.

*The fact remains Android is updated in _layers_ (while iOS is not).*

That means the default Android *web browser* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *messenger* isupdated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *mail client* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *calendar* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *file mgr* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *map app* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *gallery* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *camera app* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *av player* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *app store* is updated essentially forever.
That means the default Android *contact mgr* is updated essentially forever.
etc.

In addition, over two dozen core components of the underlying operating
system are updated now essentially forever asynchronously over the net.

By way of stark contrast, iOS just dies on you.
*All of it*

Gone.
*poof*

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: iOS 15 support