From: newskr...@krawl.org (NewsKrawler)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Google Assistant Service on IFTTT will be modified August 31, 2022
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 17:00:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: NewsKrawler - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 17:00 UTC

https://ifttt.com/explore/google-assistant-changes
As of August 31, 2022 the Google Assistant service on IFTTT will be
modified

As of August 31, 2022 the Google Assistant service on IFTTT will be
modified due to changes Google is requiring on their platform. Existing
Google Assistant Applets will be archived and service connection
information will be deleted.

This means that existing custom trigger phrases like "OK Google, Blink the
lights" will now need an additional trigger phrase like "OK Google,
Activate Blink the lights".

The new version of the Google Assistant service is available on IFTTT here.
https://ifttt.com/google_assistant_v2

However, due to the platform changes that Google is making, there isn't a
direct migration path for your existing Applets.

Re: Google Assistant Service on IFTTT will be modified August 31, 2022

<6453e2125a.DaveMeUK@BeagleBoard-xM>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33732&group=comp.mobile.android#33732

From: dav...@davehigton.me.uk (David Higton)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 22:53:10 +0100
 by: David Higton - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 21:53 UTC

In message <tcgu04$1drlf$1@paganini.bofh.team>
NewsKrawler <newskrawl@krawl.org> wrote:

> https://ifttt.com/explore/google-assistant-changes As of August 31, 2022
> the Google Assistant service on IFTTT will be modified
>
> As of August 31, 2022 the Google Assistant service on IFTTT will be
> modified due to changes Google is requiring on their platform. Existing
> Google Assistant Applets will be archived and service connection
> information will be deleted.
>
> This means that existing custom trigger phrases like "OK Google, Blink the
> lights" will now need an additional trigger phrase like "OK Google,
> Activate Blink the lights".
>
> The new version of the Google Assistant service is available on IFTTT here.
> https://ifttt.com/google_assistant_v2
>
> However, due to the platform changes that Google is making, there isn't a
> direct migration path for your existing Applets.

I've just checked. The new Google Assistant service does not allow
phrases with variable content. This means that voice control of my
heating system will no longer be possible.

It was fun while it lasted.

David

Re: Google Assistant Service on IFTTT will be modified August 31, 2022

<tchjom$1gsd7$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33733&group=comp.mobile.android#33733

From: newskr...@krawl.org (NewsKrawler)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:12:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: NewsKrawler - Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:12 UTC

On 2022-08-04, David Higton <dave@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:

>> However, due to the platform changes that Google is making, there isn't a
>> direct migration path for your existing Applets.
>
> I've just checked. The new Google Assistant service does not allow
> phrases with variable content. This means that voice control of my
> heating system will no longer be possible.

What changes did Google make that prevent voice control?

The original IFTTT description implies you need to add "additional trigger
phrases" such as the example they provided.

Is there more to the underlying Google changes than just that?

Re: Google Assistant Service on IFTTT will be modified August 31, 2022

<tcl33l$20gn6$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=33762&group=comp.mobile.android#33762

From: newskr...@krawl.org (NewsKrawler)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2022 06:52:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: NewsKrawler - Sat, 6 Aug 2022 06:52 UTC

On 2022-08-05, David Higton <dave@davehigton.me.uk> wrote:

> The existing version (that will be withdrawn later this month) allows
> fully variable content, which means I can have just one IFTTT app and
> do the parsing at my end. I can set every radiator to any temperature.

Got it. Thanks for explaining.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Google Assistant Service on IFTTT will be modified August 31, 2022