Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 02:02:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: More FT102 Problems
From: morrowda...@gmail.com (dave morrow)
 by: dave morrow - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 10:02 UTC

On Monday, September 30, 1996 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Richard Booth wrote:
> A few months ago, I posted a request for help regarding a fault on my Yaesu FT102
> transceiver. The problem was that the RX was going "deaf" occasionally. By pressing the ptt
> a couple of times, the receiver would come back up and all would be well for a while and then the same
> problem would occur.
> After reading through all the very helpful replies I received I replaced the 5 miniture relays on the RF board. This
> so I am told is usually enough to repair the fault.
>
> However the problem still exists on the 102. Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions for my problems ?
> (other than building or buying a new rig !)
>
> It would seem to point to a mechanical, ie relay problem but I'm not sure..
>
> Is there a FAQ available on the FT102 ?
> Many thanks in advance for any help
>
> Richard Booth
> G0 TTL
> email :- R.A....@shu.ac.uk
hi read with interest about deaf 102 i seem to have same problem ,did you ever get to bottom of problem

Re: More FT102 Problems

<slrnuli65g.ols.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=35&group=rec.radio.amateur.equipment#35

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Date: 18 Nov 2023 20:04:00 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 20:04 UTC

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 02:02:48 -0800 (PST), dave morrow wrote:
> On Monday, September 30, 1996 at 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Richard Booth wrote:
>> A few months ago, I posted a request for help regarding a fault on my Yaesu FT102
>> transceiver. The problem was that the RX was going "deaf" occasionally. By pressing the ptt
>> a couple of times, the receiver would come back up and all would be well for a while and then the same
>> problem would occur.
>> After reading through all the very helpful replies I received I replaced the 5 miniture relays on the RF board. This
>> so I am told is usually enough to repair the fault.
>>
>> However the problem still exists on the 102. Does anyone have any ideas or possible solutions for my problems ?
>> (other than building or buying a new rig !)
>>
>> It would seem to point to a mechanical, ie relay problem but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Is there a FAQ available on the FT102 ?
>> Many thanks in advance for any help
>>
>> Richard Booth
>> G0 TTL
>> email :- R.A....@shu.ac.uk

> hi read with interest about deaf 102 i seem to have same problem ,did
> you ever get to bottom of problem

After a QUARTER CENTURY (25 YEARS!), dontcha think Richard has either
moved with other equipment, or is a SK?

SHEESH!! google groopers!!!

tech / rec.radio.amateur.equipment / Re: More FT102 Problems