From: roland_s...@web.de (Roland Schweiger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: VoIP (Whatsapp) calls using Bluetooth headset or smartwatch
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:40:15 +0200
 by: Roland Schweiger - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:40 UTC

Phone = Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (MIUI 13, all updates)
smartwatch = Y20Pro with Loudspeaker and Mic
App = DA-Fit

"Regular" calls are being properly pushed to the watch and i can answer
or make calls from the watch and use the mic / speaker inside the watch.
In the BT list of the smartphone there is a device just like a BT
headset and it uses "phone-audio".
Instead, Whatsapp phonecalls do not work. Yes i know that they are being
treated differently by the OS and various parts of the phone, however WA
aparantly has Bluetooth integration.
When i recieve a WA phonecall, the watch always shows phone-number
10000000 instead of the contact number. It's only displayed briefly.
Similar, when i am inside a whatsapp phone call and try to pass the call
to Bluetooth by pressing the BT icon in Whatsapp, again the number
10000000 briefly shows up in the watch but i cannot do anything.
And i am aware that it all can be culpit of the firmware in the watch,
theoretically some missing permissions, some OS glitch or Whatsapp glitch.
However on the internet few people talk about this number 10000000 thing
especially in their cars, when trying to receive VoIP calls at the
steering wheel console.

Just wondering if anyone got whatsapp calls ever properly working on a
BT device or if there is some common solution.

thanks in advance for any help

greetings from Vienna from

Roland Schweiger

Re: VoIP (Whatsapp) calls using Bluetooth headset or smartwatch

<8vcqti-nun.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34049&group=comp.mobile.android#34049

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:55:36 +0200
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 27 Aug 2022 20:55 UTC

On 2022-08-26 22:40, Roland Schweiger wrote:
> Phone = Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (MIUI 13, all updates)
> smartwatch = Y20Pro with Loudspeaker and Mic
> App = DA-Fit
>
> "Regular" calls are being properly pushed to the watch and i can answer
> or make calls from the watch and use the mic / speaker inside the watch.
> In the BT list of the smartphone there is a device just like a BT
> headset and it uses "phone-audio".
> Instead, Whatsapp phonecalls do not work. Yes i know that they are being
> treated differently by the OS and various parts of the phone, however WA
> aparantly has Bluetooth integration.
> When i recieve a WA phonecall, the watch always shows phone-number
> 10000000 instead of the contact number. It's only displayed briefly.
> Similar, when i am inside a whatsapp phone call and try to pass the call
> to Bluetooth by pressing the BT icon in Whatsapp, again the number
> 10000000 briefly shows up in the watch but i cannot do anything.
> And i am aware that it all can be culpit of the firmware in the watch,
> theoretically some missing permissions, some OS glitch or Whatsapp glitch.
> However on the internet few people talk about this number 10000000 thing
> especially in their cars, when trying to receive VoIP calls at the
> steering wheel console.
>
> Just wondering if anyone got whatsapp calls ever properly working on a
> BT device or if there is some common solution.
>
> thanks in advance for any help

I have got whatsapp calls on the car system, via BT. Similar experience
to what you describe: the number is "1" with several zeroes, and hit
answer doesn't work.

I'm not sure if the experience is different when the phone is also
connected to the car system via USB cable, for use with Android Auto. I
don't remember for sure if I was able to answer the call.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

computers / comp.mobile.android / VoIP (Whatsapp) calls using Bluetooth headset or smartwatch