From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Is Astrophotography Coming to the iPhone 14/iOS 16?
Date: 28 Aug 2022 03:38:42 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 03:38 UTC

On 2022-08-27, Nil <rednoise9@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2022, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote in
> misc.phone.mobile.iphone:
>
>> No other Android phones, and no iPhones have this feature.
>
> Wrong. You're about two years behind in the news.
>
> Night Sight open source was ported to almost all Android phones in
> 2020.
> https://mashtips.com/get-google-camera-night-sight-mode-android/
>
> Years ago the Night Sight port required root and Camera2 API but no
> more. https://droidfeats.com/download-night-sight-camera-apk-port/
>
> Here's a random Night Sight port for the Xiaomi Poco X2
> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/port-modded-google-camera-with-hdr-night-sight-and-etc.4068701/
>
> Here's another random Night Sight port for the Moto G7
> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/portrait-night-sight-google-camera-port-fully-working.3908735/
>
> Since it's open source, I don't know what stops an iOS port from
> living.
>
> But here's a comparison of iOS without Night Sight against a Pixel 3
> https://petapixel.com/2018/11/14/googles-night-sight-is-blowing-minds-shoot-photos-in-near-darkness/

Even that is dated. Like his Apple-hating troll buddies, sms is a day
late and a dollar short. The iPhone 13 offers similar night photo
capabilities, as you can see here:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1iaXDxK-6E>

JR

Re: Is Astrophotography Coming to the iPhone 14/iOS 16?

<teftg5$l160$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34056&group=comp.mobile.android#34056

From: rednoi...@REMOVETHIScomcast.net (Nil)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 10:19:16 -0400
 by: Nil - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:19 UTC

On 27 Aug 2022, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote in
misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android:

> Even that is dated.

I hate to admit it but he doesn't listen when people post updates.
These Night Sight Android open source ports were discussed years ago.
It's like he has all the conflicting real data filtered out already.

> Like his Apple-hating troll buddies, sms is a day
> late and a dollar short.

He owns Apple equipment so he's not Apple hating.
He merely compares Apple to Android which you don't want anyone to ever do.
Certainly you've never touched an Android device based on what you write.

> The iPhone 13 offers similar night photo
> capabilities, as you can see here:
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1iaXDxK-6E>

Android was first with night sight using revolutionary techniques.
Then Android published all the code so that Apple could see how its done.

So it's probably a pretty similar catchup act that Apple did over there.
Half the comments said one was the winner, the other half the other.

Did Apple just compile the Android open source code to catch up to Google?
Or did Apple teams research the open source code to learn how they did it?

Either way, whether Apple copied the code or the technique, they caught up.
So the comparison doc on what Apple copies from Google needs updating.

Re: Is Astrophotography Coming to the iPhone 14/iOS 16?

<jn1hq4FjqkiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34058&group=comp.mobile.android#34058

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: 28 Aug 2022 16:01:08 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 16:01 UTC

On 2022-08-28, Nil <rednoise9@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:
> On 27 Aug 2022, Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote in
> misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android:
>
>> Even that is dated.
>
> I hate to admit it but he doesn't listen when people post updates.
> These Night Sight Android open source ports were discussed years ago.
> It's like he has all the conflicting real data filtered out already.

Yep, and he builds his ridiculous, little running list of how Apple
supposedly sucks based on those untruths and spams it in the Apple
newsgroups as often as he can. It's all just a lame troll.

>> Like his Apple-hating troll buddies, sms is a day late and a dollar
>> short.
>
> He owns Apple equipment so he's not Apple hating.

Oh, he's absolutely Apple hating.

> He merely compares Apple to Android which you don't want anyone to
> ever do.

He lies at every step of the way, and always with an anti-Apple bias.

> Certainly you've never touched an Android device based on what you
> write.

LOL! Wrong. : )

>> The iPhone 13 offers similar night photo capabilities, as you can see
>> here:
>>
>> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1iaXDxK-6E>
>
> Android was first

I said nothing about which came first, nor is it relevant to the topic
at hand. Now *you're* trolling.

JR

Re: Is Astrophotography Coming to the iPhone 14/iOS 16?

<280820221415464662%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34062&group=comp.mobile.android#34062

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 14:15:46 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:15 UTC

In article <teftg5$l160$1@dont-email.me>, Nil
<rednoise9@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote:

> > Like his Apple-hating troll buddies, sms is a day
> > late and a dollar short.
>
> He owns Apple equipment so he's not Apple hating.

he *claims* to own apple equipment.

based on his wildly incorrect comments, it's hard to believe that he
actually does.

face id not working in the dark is a prime example.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Is Astrophotography Coming to the iPhone 14/iOS 16?