From: mer...@frisco.org
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:45:51 -0500
 by: mer...@frisco.org - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 16:45 UTC

How do I rid my Android Chrome Browser of it's Cookies and History
automatically on Close?

Re: Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close

<tetscu$1gtf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34160&group=comp.mobile.android#34160

From: noem...@none.org (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 14:25:49 -0700
 by: AJL - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 21:25 UTC

On 9/1/2022 9:45 AM, merle@frisco.org wrote:

> How do I rid my Android Chrome Browser of it's Cookies and History
> automatically on Close?

Don't think Chrome can do it but the Android browsers Firefox and
Dolphin can be set for that if you feel like a change...

Re: Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close

<teunjt$1s9a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34171&group=comp.mobile.android#34171

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 06:10:55 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 05:10 UTC

AJL wrote:

>> How do I rid my Android Chrome Browser of it's Cookies and History
>> automatically on Close?
>
> Don't think Chrome can do it but the Android browsers Firefox and
> Dolphin can be set for that if you feel like a change...

I care that everyone get a solution to their stated problem set,
so I looked at how my chrome-like browsers were set up on Android.

I have Chrome disabled but I use Ungoogled Chromium which is "similar".
<https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium>

All my Windows "chrome-based" browsers open to these pages:
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
chrome://settings/siteData
chrome://settings/content/all
etc.

I just checked Android and UnGoogled Chromium can only set 1 home page.

I found the settings here so I set it to the following:
UngoogledChromium > threedots > Settings > Advanced > Homepage = On
Open this page
(_) Chrome's homepage
(o) chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

But when Ungoogled Chromium opened up after that, it said:
This site can't be reached

Drat. Sorry. I was hoping that would work for you.
But then I noticed another possible workaround.
UngoogledChromium > threedots > History > Clear browsing data...
There is a button you can hit named "Clear data".

That's the same button that pops up in Windows Chrome browsers when set to
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

I don't know why it doesn't work with Ungoogled Chromium on Android.
Does "chrome://settings/clearBrowserData" work with Chrome on Android?

Since I want to help the OP as much as any other person would, and since
that experiment only works manually, I resorted to a Google search.
*Clear cache & cookies*
<https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid>

*Clear, enable, and manage cookies in Chrome*
<https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid>

Notice Google, clearly with intent, doesn't give you an easy way to do what
you want, but since EVERYONE wants to do what you want, maybe there's a
way.

*How to delete cookies and clear cache on Chrome*
<https://www.androidauthority.com/delete-cookies-chrome-3105382/>

Drat. that's the same information. Same here. It's what I did already.
*How to delete cookies on Android phones*
<https://www.geeky-gadgets.com/delete-cookies-on-android-30-08-2022/>

I wonder why the "home page" works on Windows but not on Android?
chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Anyone know what's different?
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which in this case is a way to clear the cookies easily within Chrome.

Re: Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close

<teurka$2qgf7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34173&group=comp.mobile.android#34173

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 23:18:50 -0700
 by: AJL - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 06:18 UTC

On 9/2/2022 10:10 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> AJL wrote:
>> On 9/1/2022 9:45 AM, merle@frisco.org wrote:

>>> How do I rid my Android Chrome Browser of it's Cookies and
>>> History automatically on Close?

>> Don't think Chrome can do it but the Android browsers Firefox and
>> Dolphin can be set for that if you feel like a change...

> I wonder why the "home page" works on Windows but not on Android?
> chrome://settings/clearBrowserData Anyone know what's different?

I think the OP wanted to clear browser/cookie data automatically on
exit. No trip to settings wanted or needed. As I said I don't think
that's possible with Android Chrome but would be happy to be proven wrong.

With Android Firefox it's Settings > Delete browsing data on quit >
switch to on and check data types to delete. Once set from then on just
exit the browser with the quit button at the bottom of the menu and all
will be deleted.

With Android Dolphin it's Settings > Always clear data on exit > 3
switches for data types to on. Once set from then on just exit the
browser in the normal way and all will be deleted.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Ridding Android Chrome of Cookies,etc. On Close