From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Which is better, band 4 or band 41
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:39:41 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:39 UTC

Which is better, band 4 or band 41?

I'm still trying to figure out which of my phones is better for me.

Finally today I found the url for the manual** for Network Cell Info,
and it says which field on the screen is the Band.

Sitting at my desk at home, one phone is connected to band 41 and the
other to band 4.

Which is better?

If they are otherwise the same, which one is more available, that is,
transmits from more cell towers in the USA, especially the Baltimore
area.

I have the impression that bands 1,2,3, and 4 are the really good ones.
Am I right?

And maybe 5,7, and 8, only becquse they have only one digit too! Am I
right??

Both phones have the same version of the same app, yet there are other
difference in what is display, diffs, that are not obviously related to
band, but I will tell you about that later.

**The app will bring up the manual on the phone, but the url displayed
is incomplete. To read the manual on a PC, you have to google its
title, or ask me. I don't think it has everything, but I know more now
than I did.

Re: Which is better, band 4 or band 41

<tpu2hh1d4p3gsnhlmignt4q1rod6ram4mt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34145&group=comp.mobile.android#34145

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Which is better, band 4 or band 41
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:41:43 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:41 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:39:41 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>Which is better, band 4 or band 41?

BTW, my carrier, MINT, using T-mobile towers (and everything else?) said
it was getting rid of 3G on July 1, and neither phone does 5G so this is
a completely 4G question.

>I'm still trying to figure out which of my phones is better for me.
>
>Finally today I found the url for the manual** for Network Cell Info,
>and it says which field on the screen is the Band.
>
>Sitting at my desk at home, one phone is connected to band 41 and the
>other to band 4.
>
>Which is better?
>
>If they are otherwise the same, which one is more available, that is,
>transmits from more cell towers in the USA, especially the Baltimore
>area.
>
>I have the impression that bands 1,2,3, and 4 are the really good ones.
>Am I right?
>
>And maybe 5,7, and 8, only becquse they have only one digit too! Am I
>right??
>

>Both phones have the same version of the same app, yet there are other
>difference in what is display, diffs, that are not obviously related to
>band, but I will tell you about that later.
>
>**The app will bring up the manual on the phone, but the url displayed
>is incomplete. To read the manual on a PC, you have to google its
>title, or ask me. I don't think it has everything, but I know more now
>than I did.

Re: Which is better, band 4 or band 41

<j1v2hhpa60m2unctia4g4urmci6lc58eav@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34146&group=comp.mobile.android#34146

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:47:19 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 03:47 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:41:43 -0400, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>In comp.mobile.android, on Thu, 01 Sep 2022 23:39:41 -0400, micky
><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>
>>Which is better, band 4 or band 41?
>
>BTW, my carrier, MINT, using T-mobile towers (and everything else?) said
>it was getting rid of 3G on July 1, and neither phone does 5G so this is
>a completely 4G question.

And Band 4 xxWS switched to band 2PCS even though I didn't do anything
ut pick up the phone. Now I'm sure it was band 2 before and had
switched to band 4, and now it switched back.

Does this mean anything. Does this change the answers.

>>I'm still trying to figure out which of my phones is better for me.
>>
>>Finally today I found the url for the manual** for Network Cell Info,
>>and it says which field on the screen is the Band.
>>
>>Sitting at my desk at home, one phone is connected to band 41 and the
>>other to band 4.
>>
>>Which is better?
>>
>>If they are otherwise the same, which one is more available, that is,
>>transmits from more cell towers in the USA, especially the Baltimore
>>area.
>>
>>I have the impression that bands 1,2,3, and 4 are the really good ones.
>>Am I right?
>>
>>And maybe 5,7, and 8, only becquse they have only one digit too! Am I
>>right??
>>

>>Both phones have the same version of the same app, yet there are other
>>difference in what is display, diffs, that are not obviously related to
>>band, but I will tell you about that later.
>>
>>**The app will bring up the manual on the phone, but the url displayed
>>is incomplete. To read the manual on a PC, you have to google its
>>title, or ask me. I don't think it has everything, but I know more now
>>than I did.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Which is better, band 4 or band 41