From: curmudg...@spam.edu (curmudgeon)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 22:18:08 -0700
 by: curmudgeon - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 05:18 UTC

My usb port is getting crotchety and I don't like the stand up wireless
chargers I've tried that are my friends where it was suggested I get a FLAT
wireless charger for the Samsung Galaxy S22.

I don't know what wattage (or ampserage?) to get nor what's a good one.

Cost only needs to be reasonable but I'm not looking for cheap.
I'm looking for good.

Any advice?

Re: Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22

<tfiavm$1gckj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34223&group=comp.mobile.android#34223

From: noem...@none.com (AJL)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 08:37:25 -0700
 by: AJL - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:37 UTC

On 9/9/2022 10:18 PM, curmudgeon wrote:

> My usb port is getting crotchety and I don't like the stand up
> wireless chargers I've tried that are my friends where it was
> suggested I get a FLAT wireless charger for the Samsung Galaxy S22.

There are wireless chargers that do BOTH standup and flat. Mine does.
Check out your local stores. I got mine at my local Target which had
quite a good selection. And of course there's always Amazon...

> I don't know what wattage (or amperage?) to get nor what's a good
> one.

My charger came with a standard 2A USB power supply. It made my Galaxy
S10+ phone warm. In the interest of battery longevity I replaced it with
a 1/2A power supply (from my charger bag). Now there's no NOTICEABLE
warmth. And since I'm an overnight charger it's still fully charged in
the morning even with the slower charging. I'm coming up on 3 years with
no NOTICEABLE battery degradation (for my use). So far, so good...

Re: Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22

<tfighm$1hrb6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34224&group=comp.mobile.android#34224

From: scharf.s...@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 10:12:20 -0700
 by: sms - Sat, 10 Sep 2022 17:12 UTC

On 9/9/2022 10:18 PM, curmudgeon wrote:
> My usb port is getting crotchety and I don't like the stand up wireless
> chargers I've tried that are my friends where it was suggested I get a FLAT
> wireless charger for the Samsung Galaxy S22.
>
> I don't know what wattage (or ampserage?) to get nor what's a good one.
>
> Cost only needs to be reasonable but I'm not looking for cheap.
> I'm looking for good.
>
> Any advice?

For a flat wireless charger, I'd get <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PSNPT5J>.

It works with up to a 6mm thick case, while many cheaper Qi chargers
will not work with a case thicker than 3mm. It includes a USB-C to USB-C
cable, while most of the cheap Qi chargers include a USB-A to USB-C
cable (or no cable at all). It isn't the thinnest Qi charger you can get
but the super thin ones are lower wattage and won't work through a thick
case.

Also get a 20W or greater USB-C PD/QC 3.0 adapter if you don't have one
i.e. <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KX3J3TJ>.

Re: Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22

<tga50i$161lc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34256&group=comp.mobile.android#34256

From: nob...@nowhere.org (BenignBodger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 12:22:40 -0400
 by: BenignBodger - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 16:22 UTC

On 9/10/2022 1:18 AM, curmudgeon wrote:
> My usb port is getting crotchety and I don't like the stand up wireless
> chargers I've tried that are my friends where it was suggested I get a FLAT
> wireless charger for the Samsung Galaxy S22.
>
> I don't know what wattage (or ampserage?) to get nor what's a good one.
>
> Cost only needs to be reasonable but I'm not looking for cheap.
> I'm looking for good.
>
> Any advice?

When I need any sort of charger or cable or suchlike and I don't feel like
doing a load of research I simply look for something from Anker. I've never
had any of their products be less than satisfactory. I'm sure that they
still have "flat" Qi chargers although I haven't bothered to do the
research for you this time.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Flat wireless charger for Galaxy S22