Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Slow tablet?
From: lonelyda...@gmail.com (MajorLanGod)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:23:58 GMT
 by: MajorLanGod - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:23 UTC

I still have my Goodle Nexus 7 2013, running Android 6. I don't use it very
often, but I fire it up every now and then just to check on it.

When Android boots, is there stlll a lot of background processing going on
after the 'desktop' appears? I expect my Nexus to not be as responsive as
my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Litr, but it seems like right after booting it is
not very responsive at all, but after a minute or two it speeds up some. I
do have a lot of apps loaded, and memory is about 65% full.

Re: Slow tablet?

<27mfdx4neo3i$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34239&group=comp.mobile.android#34239

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Slow tablet?
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:43:29 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 01:43 UTC

MajorLanGod <lonelydad58@gmail.com> wrote:

> I still have my Goodle Nexus 7 2013, running Android 6. I don't use it
> very often, but I fire it up every now and then just to check on it.
>
> When Android boots, is there stlll a lot of background processing
> going on after the 'desktop' appears? I expect my Nexus to not be as
> responsive as my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Litr, but it seems like right
> after booting it is not very responsive at all, but after a minute or
> two it speeds up some. I do have a lot of apps loaded, and memory is
> about 65% full.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=5600&idPhone2=11524

Probably the biggest differeces are:
- Better CPU, and Octa-core.
- Later Android version.

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdragon-720g-vs-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-pro-apq8064
(click the "Scroll down for more details" to get past the biased
reviews)

Once you get used to speed, the slower stuff feels even slower. The old
phone could be just as a fast as it ever was, but now owning a much
faster smartphone makes the old phone seem even slower. Driving a
Chiron Super Sport at 300 mph seems fast until you get used to flying a
Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird at 2200 mph.

The older phone might have more apps installed of which some are pigs on
CPU and memory when compared from old to new hardware (CPU and memory).
After starting the phone, how much free memory is available on each?
Not by percentage, but by amount. There could be a lot of thrashing on
the old phone if it doesn't have enough memory for all the services and
sticky background apps that load on startup.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Slow tablet?