From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: interstellar probe project
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 15:36:27 +0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 17 May 2021 15:36 UTC

What? Dont these people know it's impossible because it's
soooooooooooo far away???

Please have deze dum scintix contac the old fogies on alt.astronomy
for the clear fax an save taxpayer money!

Interstellar Probe mission would go twice as fast and far ...
Kirby Runyon, a planetary geomorphologist at Johns Hopkins University, is
the planetary science working group lead for the Interstellar Probe. It's a
concept that has been in discussion and in development for decades, but
recently the idea has been getting more serious attention and a more fully
developed plan for execution.
-- astronomy.com/news/2021/02/interstellar-probe-mission

Re: interstellar probe project

<3sa5ag932q3tt639hf6gspf2786s5ep45i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3431&group=alt.astronomy#3431

From: casagian...@optimum.net
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: interstellar probe project
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 13:50:15 -0400
 by: casagian...@optimum.net - Mon, 17 May 2021 17:50 UTC

>What? Dont these people know it's impossible because it's
>soooooooooooo far away???

Yes and what part of that don't you understand ?

Distance = Speed x Time

Our current max speed is slower than light
by a factor of over 30,000 .

That's over 120 millennia for a one way trip to our closect star
neighbor !