From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military,alt.economics
Subject: Amazing, SpaceX's busy launching satellites
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 15:43:17 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 17 May 2021 22:43 UTC

Spaceflight Now

SpaceX’s fifth Falcon 9 launch in a little more than three weeks
delivered 52 more Starlink internet satellites and two small hitchhiker
payloads to orbit after a booming blastoff from the Kennedy Space Center
in Florida on Saturday evening.
Around eight minutes after launch, the Falcon 9's reusable booster
descended to a bullseye landing on SpaceX's drone ship in the Atlantic
Ocean. It was the eighth trip to space for this booster.

Read our full story: https://spaceflightn… See More

here:
watch the perfect landing so it can be reused!

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=159603246115790

https://spaceflightnow.com/2021/05/16/spacex-ramps-up-launch-rate-fifth-falcon-9-mission-in-three-weeks/?fbclid=IwAR2TdkZK0z3NnmHV01nEF9Xv7sfEMMV4WWtt_U3QHLIz1a7ZrGP6xeFIEvo

SpaceX ramps up launch rate with fifth Falcon 9 mission in three weeks

SpaceX’s fifth Falcon 9 launch in a little more than three weeks
delivered 52 more Starlink internet satellites and two small hitchhiker
payloads to orbit after a booming blastoff from the Kennedy Space Center
in Florida on Saturday evening.

The kerosene-fueled launcher ignited its nine Merlin main engines and
hold-down clamps released the rocket to climb away from pad 39A at 6:56
p.m. EDT (2256 GMT) Saturday.

The Merlin engines put out 1.7 million pounds of thrust to power the
Falcon 9 rocket into the sky. The launcher soared through scattered
puffy clouds and arced downrange toward the northeast from the Kennedy
Space Center, exceeding the speed of sound in about one minute.

The Falcon 9 switched off its booster engines about two-and-a-half
minutes into the flight, allowing pneumatic pushers to release the first
stage to begin a descent back to Earth.

While the rocket’s single-engine upper stage ignited to finish the job
of placing the mission’s 54 satellite payloads into orbit, the Falcon 9
booster — making its eighth trip to space — extended titanium grid fins
and pulsed cold gas thrusters to re-orient to a tail-first position for
re-entry back into the atmosphere.

The booster guided itself to an on-target propulsive landing on SpaceX’s
football field-size drone ship “Of Course I Still Love You” positioned a
few hundred miles downrange from Cape Canaveral in the Atlantic Ocean.

Stunning live video from a down-facing camera mounted on the exterior of
the booster showed the landing platform initially appearing like a
postage stamp amid the deep blue waters of the Atlantic. The rocket’s
center engine, with help from the stabilizing grid fins, guided the
booster to a picture-perfect landing on the drone ship, which will
return the reusable vehicle to Cape Canaveral for refurbishment and its
next mission.

The Falcon 9’s payload shroud was also recycled from previous missions.
Each half of the clamshell-like nose cone had flown once before, and a
different SpaceX-chartered recovery boat was on station in the Atlantic
to retrieve the aeroshells again after they parachuted into the sea.

The rocket’s upper stage completed two engine burns to place the 52
Starlink satellites and two rideshare payloads into an orbit around 357
miles (575 kilometers) in altitude, with an inclination angle of 53
degrees to the equator.

The upper stage first deployed a small satellite named Tyvak 0130 built
by Tyvak Nano-Satellite Systems, a small spacecraft manufacturer in
Irvine, California. SpaceX did not disclose details about the Tyvak 0130
spacecraft, and Tyvak has not listed the mission on its website.

A regulatory document posted on a NOAA website says the federal agency,
which oversees licensing of U.S. remote sensing satellites, granted
approval to Tyvak in 2019 to “operate a private, space-based, remote
sensing system named Tyvak 0130.”

The document describes Tyvak 0130 as an “optical spectrum astronomy
observation satellite,” but offered no further details. The age of the
document could also mean the description might be dated.

Capella Space’s fourth commercial radar imaging satellite also hitched a
ride on Saturday’s mission. The spacecraft, with a launch weight of
roughly 220 pounds (100 kilograms), will join three other operational
Capella radar remote sensing satellites.

The new Capella radar satellite separated from the top end of the stack
of Starlink satellites about one hour into the Saturday’s mission.

Based in San Francisco, Capella is one of several companies developing
fleets of radar imaging satellites. After launch, Capella’s spacecraft
will unfurl its radar reflector antenna to a diameter of about 11.5 feet
(3.5 meters) and begin collecting imagery.

Capella already has contracts with the National Reconnaissance Office,
the U.S. Air Force, and the U.S. Navy to study military uses of
commercial radar satellite imagery. The National Geospatial-Intelligence
Agency signed a Cooperative Research and Development Agreement, or
CRADA, last year to allow researchers from the U.S. government’s
intelligence community to assist Capella.

Capella’s planned constellation of small satellites will enable rapid
revisit, allowing the company’s orbiting radar observers to collect
imagery of the same locations multiple times per day. That will allow
government and commercial customers to detect changes in the environment.

Other remote sensing companies have similar business plans.

Planet, another San Francisco-based company, operates a fleet of around
150 small optical Earth observation satellites. BlackSky is also
deploying a constellation of optical remote sensing spacecraft.

But Capella’s satellites use synthetic aperture radar technology,
allowing imagery collection night and day and in all weather conditions.
Optical satellites are limited to observations in daylight and in
cloud-free skies.

Capella is initially deploying a fleet of seven radar remote sensing
satellites. That could be scaled up given sufficient demand, the company
says.

Capella has a license from NOAA, which regulates space-based remote
sensing by U.S. companies, for a constellation of 36 small radar
surveillance satellites. The company says it also has permission from
U.S. regulators to sell high-resolution radar images globally.

The launch Saturday was the 28th Falcon 9 flight with a primary goal of
deploying Starlink satellites. It was the fourth Starlink flight to
carry rideshare payloads from other customers.

SpaceX sells capacity on its Starlink missions for small satellites.
Engineers can adjust the number of Starlink spacecraft on a given
mission to make room for rideshare payloads, resulting in the 52
Starlink satellites launched Saturday.

SpaceX has published pricing information for its smallsat rideshare
service. According to SpaceX’s website, it charges $1 million to launch
a 440-pound (200-kilogram) satellite on a rideshare mission, and less
for smaller payloads.

With the secondary payloads off the rocket, the Falcon 9 upper stage
coasted through space until reaching the predetermined location for
deployment of the 52 Starlink satellites.

The flat-panel spacecraft, built at a SpaceX facility in Redmond,
Washington, separated from the rocket over Mexico. Each of the 573-pound
(260-kilogram) satellites unfurl a solar panel before using ion
thrusters to maneuver to a slightly lower altitude of 341 miles (550
kilometers) to join the rest of the Starlink constellation.

The launch Saturday brought the total number of Starlink internet
satellite launched to 1,677 spacecraft, including prototypes and failed
platforms that have been decommissioned and deorbited.

An analysis by Jonathan McDowell, an astronomer and respected tracker of
spaceflight activity, suggests SpaceX had 1,526 working Starlink
satellites in orbit before Saturday’s mission, with 886 operational
spacecraft, plus hundreds more maneuvering to their final locations in
the constellation.

The Starlink network is the largest satellite fleet in history, and
SpaceX is adding more spacecraft to expand the constellation to provide
high-speed, low-latency global internet service. SpaceX is currently
providing interim internet services through the Starlink satellites to
consumers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, and
New Zealand.

The company, founded and led by billionaire Elon Musk, announced earlier
this month it is expanding the Starlink beta testing program to
customers in France and Austria. SpaceX revealed Saturday that Starlink
beta testing will soon begin in the Netherlands.

SpaceX has approval from the Federal Communications Commission to launch
and operate as many as 12,000 Starlink satellites.

The Falcon 9 launch Saturday was the first of two rocket blastoffs from
Florida’s Space Coast scheduled in less than two days.

An Atlas 5 rocket from United Launch Alliance, a SpaceX rival, rolled
out to pad 41 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station Saturday morning in
preparation for a mission set to launch Monday afternoon with a
billion-d0llar U.S. military missile warning satellite.

The launch will mark ULA’s first flight from Cape Canaveral this year.
SpaceX has already logged 15 Falcon 9 launches so far in 2021, all
originating from Florida’s Space Coast.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: Amazing, SpaceX's busy launching satellites

<s7us8f$rfa$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3434&group=alt.astronomy#3434

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: Amazing, SpaceX's busy launching satellites
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 22:55:12 +0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Mon, 17 May 2021 22:55 UTC

In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Spaceflight Now
> SpaceX's fifth Falcon 9 launch in a little more than three weeks
> delivered 52 more Starlink internet satellites and two small hitchhiker
> payloads to orbit after a booming blastoff from the Kennedy Space Center
> in Florida on Saturday evening.
> Around eight minutes after launch, the Falcon 9's reusable booster
> descended to a bullseye landing on SpaceX's drone ship in the Atlantic
> Ocean. It was the eighth trip to space for this booster.
> Read our full story: https://spaceflightn... See More
> here:
> watch the perfect landing so it can be reused!

I think the TV said there was a reuse record as well.
The Falcon 1st stange hit its 10th trip.
That's pretty amazing in itself.

--
[Free Energy!]
In quantum field theory, the Casimir effect and the Casimir-Polder force are
physical forces arising from a quantized field. They are named after the
Dutch physicist Hendrik Casimir.
Although the Casimir effect can be expressed in terms of virtual particles
interacting with the objects, it is best described and more easily
calculated in terms of the zero-point energy of a quantized field in the
intervening space between the objects.
Because the strength of the force falls off rapidly with distance, it is
measurable only when the distance between the objects is extremely small. On
a submicron scale, this force becomes so strong that it becomes the dominant
force between uncharged conductors. In fact, at separations of 10 nm -- about
100 times the typical size of an atom -- the Casimir effect produces the
equivalent of about 1 atmosphere of pressure (the precise value depending on
surface geometry and other factors).
-- wiki

[A project I worked on 5y back aimed to produce an E**2 drive
using Casimir energy boosting scrounged ions as working fluid.
Pretty small thust but runs "forever". :)]