"Indecision is the basis of flexibility" -- button at a Science Fiction convention.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Player

SubjectAuthor
* looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Playersobriquet
`- Re: looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Playersobriquet

1
looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Player

<b5e19c04-125f-4cd3-8725-04f831bd32e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34372&group=comp.mobile.android#34372

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:08:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Player
From: dohduh...@yahoo.com (sobriquet)
 by: sobriquet - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:08 UTC

Hi.
On my smartphone I love to listen to music and I use multiple
(free) apps to play mp3s, so I can listen to different kinds of
music and audiobooks simultaneously in separate playlists
that are shuffled independently.
So my requirements for mp3 player apps is that they are
working alongside other apps without interfering with each
other and it should also have a pre-amp, so I can adjust
the volume independently of the main volume.

At the moment I use three apps and they work side by side.
Rocket Player, Music Player and Musicolet.
Two of them work great, but Rocket Player is a
hassle because it's constantly showing me ads and some
of the ads are even forced (meaning you can't click it
away for something like 5 or 10 seconds before you
can proceed).

Does anyone know of a potential replacement for Rocket Player
that fits my requirements?
I know there are tons of mp3 playing apps, but it's a hassle to try
lots of them, so I was hoping someone out there has experience
with a particular app they would recommend.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Player

<38fffe82-bdca-4b17-bde3-faa58cf4bff1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34373&group=comp.mobile.android#34373

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: dohduh...@yahoo.com (sobriquet)
 by: sobriquet - Fri, 30 Sep 2022 16:15 UTC

On Friday, September 30, 2022 at 6:08:35 PM UTC+2, sobriquet wrote:
> Hi.
> On my smartphone I love to listen to music and I use multiple
> (free) apps to play mp3s, so I can listen to different kinds of
> music and audiobooks simultaneously in separate playlists
> that are shuffled independently.
> So my requirements for mp3 player apps is that they are
> working alongside other apps without interfering with each
> other and it should also have a pre-amp, so I can adjust
> the volume independently of the main volume.
>
> At the moment I use three apps and they work side by side.
> Rocket Player, Music Player and Musicolet.
> Two of them work great, but Rocket Player is a
> hassle because it's constantly showing me ads and some
> of the ads are even forced (meaning you can't click it
> away for something like 5 or 10 seconds before you
> can proceed).
>
> Does anyone know of a potential replacement for Rocket Player
> that fits my requirements?
> I know there are tons of mp3 playing apps, but it's a hassle to try
> lots of them, so I was hoping someone out there has experience
> with a particular app they would recommend.
>
> Kind regards and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Since there are many apps called Music Player, here is a screenshot that
shows the icons for the apps I currently use:

https://i.imgur.com/FHAt03d.png

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: looking for a replacement music player instead of Rocket Player