Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 11:12:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: GBoard on FaceBook mobile is trying to complete my thoughts when i
reply to posts and i cannot turn it off.
From: email.ro...@gmail.com (Revres Liame)
 by: Revres Liame - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 18:12 UTC

submitted 12 days ago * by DunKco
Samsung A525G on Tmobile if that makes a difference I guess i CAN turn if off so to speak but it removes the microphone access on the key board that is only available of "show suggestion strip" is toggled on> but this doesn't make sense, why would ONLY Facebook mobile (because its the ONLY ap that this happens in) try to make predictions if the suggestion strip toggle is on and i don't tap one of the suggested words.

FaceBook mobile is trying to complete my thoughts when i reply to posts and i cannot turn it off when i use Gboard.
This started several weeks ago.
I noticed that when i was replying ( i use voice to text mostly but this happens if i manually type as well) that there were suggestions being made in the Facebook reply/text box... (completely inaccurate and out of context..... not just words, complete thoughts and Facebook stops responding if i don't acknowledge the suggestion, either accept (enter i think ) it or ignore it by tapping the space bar to continue with my thought.

ALL instances of predictive text under text correction are off except "Show suggestion strip" which i need in order to have the microphone key available... IF i turn off "show suggestion strip" ( and subsequently the mic key goes away) the predictions in the Facebook app also stop. To clarify this happens ONLY in the Facebook mobile app(predictions).
i have triple checked (screenshots in body of message), i have uninstalled Gboard, reinstalled , cleared cache , no change.

This is extremely annoying.
Text correction setting that cause the issue, if that toggle is OFF , not predictions in Facebook Mobile
https://imgur.com/n8Slz3b
Examples of predictive text still happening
https://imgur.com/s49obwd
https://imgur.com/5TyGaD6

computers / comp.mobile.android / GBoard on FaceBook mobile is trying to complete my thoughts when i reply to posts and i cannot turn it off.