From: Lawrence...@Aracabia.com (Lawrence Aracabia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:05:06 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lawrence Aracabia - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:05 UTC

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/07/facebook-malicious-apps-logins/
Meta warns 1 million Facebook users their login info may have been
compromised

The social media giant found 400 malicious apps designed to steal Facebook
login information.

Meta's researchers found more than 400 malicious Android
and Apple iOS apps this year that were designed to steal
the personal Facebook login information of its users,
the company said Friday in a blog post.

Meta spokesperson Gabby Curtis confirmed that Meta is
warning 1 million users who may have been affected by the apps.

Meta said the apps they identified were listed in Apple's app store
and Google Play Store as games, photo editors, health and lifestyle
services and other types of apps to trick people into downloading them.

Often the malicious app would ask users to login with Facebook and later
steal their username and password, according to the company.

Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information

<thrbcs$1bpb$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34448&group=comp.mobile.android#34448

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal
Facebook login information
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 10:12:11 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 08:12 UTC

Am 08.10.22 um 05:05 schrieb Lawrence Aracabia:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/07/facebook-malicious-apps-logins/
> Meta warns 1 million Facebook users their login info may have been
> compromised

Good Morning, Arlen Arabica ... *ROTFLSTC*

Social Media - especially those from Google and Zuckerberg - are
"DigiDrugs" and extremly dangerous.

No pity for these addicts.

Using such malware on a mobile devices is like comitting digital
suicide. Most of these addicts will learn it only the hard way.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information

<slrntk2sf2.8ae.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34449&group=comp.mobile.android#34449

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Facebook login information
Date: 8 Oct 2022 12:49:59 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:49 UTC

On Sat, 8 Oct 2022 03:05:06 -0000 (UTC), Lawrence Aracabia wrote:
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/07/facebook-malicious-apps-logins/
> Meta warns 1 million Facebook users their login info may have been
> compromised

Well, now, isn't that just the biggest surprize?

Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information

<thulh6$hhf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34452&group=comp.mobile.android#34452

From: joezite...@areyoucrazy.spam.com (Zitelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 14:23:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Zitelli - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 14:23 UTC

Allodoxaphobia wrote at 8 Oct 2022 12:49:59 GMT :

>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/07/facebook-malicious-apps-logins/
>> Meta warns 1 million Facebook users their login info may have been
>> compromised
>
> Well, now, isn't that just the biggest surprize?

I think there's a question which should instantly elucidate who is
vulnerable to these login stealing flaws which will always exist.

(QUESTION) What apps do you have on your phone which require a login?

What app do I want to use on your phone that requires a login?
I have one. Email. Nothing else. Just email.

What apps do others want to use on their phones that require a login?
?

Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information

<thuthp.m8s.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34453&group=comp.mobile.android#34453

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 9 Oct 2022 14:40:36 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 14:40 UTC

Zitelli <joezitelli@areyoucrazy.spam.com> wrote:
> Allodoxaphobia wrote at 8 Oct 2022 12:49:59 GMT :
>
> >> https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/07/facebook-malicious-apps-logins/
> >> Meta warns 1 million Facebook users their login info may have been
> >> compromised
> >
> > Well, now, isn't that just the biggest surprize?
>
> I think there's a question which should instantly elucidate who is
> vulnerable to these login stealing flaws which will always exist.
>
> (QUESTION) What apps do you have on your phone which require a login?
>
> What app do I want to use on your phone that requires a login?
> I have one. Email. Nothing else. Just email.
>
> What apps do others want to use on their phones that require a login?
> ?

An app which automatically filters all posts from 'Arlen Holder' and
his umpteen [1] nymshifts?

[1] Currently some 55 and counting.

Re: Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information

<thunkc$31lo$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34454&group=comp.mobile.android#34454

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Facebook login information
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 16:59:23 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 14:59 UTC

Am 09.10.22 um 16:23 schrieb Zitelli:
> What app do I want to use on your phone that requires a login?
> I have one. Email. Nothing else. Just email.

Arlen, this statement shows how little you understand. The login is not
requested by the mail app. The login is required by the provider of the
mail account.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

computers / comp.mobile.android / Meta finds 400 malicious app store apps designed to steal Facebook login information