Sex is like air. It's only a big deal if you can't get any.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

SubjectAuthor
* Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for AndroidNY
+* Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for AndroidFrank Slootweg
|`- Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for AndroidAndy Burnelli
`* Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for AndroidWendelin Uez
 `- Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for AndroidFrank Slootweg

1
Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

<tj8feo$1vl4i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34643&group=comp.mobile.android#34643

From: me...@privacy.invalid (NY)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 11:56:06 +0100
 by: NY - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 10:56 UTC

I need to be able to access my mother's Android phone and tablet remotely
(authorised by password) to be able to help her with various config and
usage problems - she's in her 80s and is now finding it difficult.

Is there a *server* product such as Teamviewer / RealVNC that can be run on
Android (without rooting) which will allow a remote computer (Windows,
Linux) to see and ideally control an Android device's desktop?

I know that there are *client* versions of Teamviewer / RealVNC (I use them
a lot) which allow an Android computer to access/control a Windows/Linux
computer's desktop, but that's not what I need.

Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

<tj93ev.fs4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34647&group=comp.mobile.android#34647

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android
Date: 25 Oct 2022 14:39:09 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 14:39 UTC

NY <me@privacy.invalid> wrote:
> I need to be able to access my mother's Android phone and tablet remotely
> (authorised by password) to be able to help her with various config and
> usage problems - she's in her 80s and is now finding it difficult.
>
> Is there a *server* product such as Teamviewer / RealVNC that can be run on
> Android (without rooting) which will allow a remote computer (Windows,
> Linux) to see and ideally control an Android device's desktop?
>
> I know that there are *client* versions of Teamviewer / RealVNC (I use them
> a lot) which allow an Android computer to access/control a Windows/Linux
> computer's desktop, but that's not what I need.

AFAIK, what you're looking for is 'TeamViewer QuickSupport':

'TeamViewer QuickSupport'
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market>
"About this app
Get support for your mobile device from any Windows or Mac computer!
You can now receive technical remote support for your mobile devices.
Technicians have the ability to chat, transfer files back and forth,
view device information, stop processes, push and pull Wi-Fi settings,
and much more.

It is even possible for your device (Samsung, Sony*, Asus, Lenovo, HTC,
LG, ZTE, Huawei, Alcatel One Touch / TCL and more) to be remotely
controlled, allowing the technician to access your device as if it were
in their own hands.
..."

There's also 'TeamViewer Host', but AFAICT that's only for permanent
unattended access, which is not what you're looking for.

'TeamViewer Host'
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.host.market>

Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

<tj95b4$1ep9$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34651&group=comp.mobile.android#34651

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 18:11:06 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:11 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> AFAIK, what you're looking for is 'TeamViewer QuickSupport':

In addition to Frank's astute suggestion, I remember seeing Vysor maybe
does something similar (I think) but I haven't tried it across networks.

*Vysor now lets Android mirror remotely, and it's awesome*
<https://www.slashgear.com/vysor-now-lets-android-mirror-remotely-and-its-awesome-03442765/>

Note that I only use scrcpy and/or Vysor interchangeably to mirror Android
onto a desktop PC when both are on my own network (scrcpy isn't as
functional but it has a better free display while Vysor does more stuff but
the display costs money to be of higher resolution than the default).
<https://www.vysor.io/> More functional than scrcpy but addons cost money
<https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy> Faster, better resolution, FOSS

I have not tested Vysor across networks but apparently, from that article
and from what I vaguely recall in my initial testing efforts, you can send
a link to someone and then you can remotely view (and maybe operate?) their
Android device using your desktop mouse and keyboard (and clipboard).
<https://www.slashgear.com/img/gallery/vysor-now-lets-android-mirror-remotely-and-its-awesome/fineigna.webp>
<https://www.slashgear.com/img/gallery/vysor-now-lets-android-mirror-remotely-and-its-awesome/pcdesktop.webp>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which in this case is to suggest Vysor if TeamViewer options don't apply.

Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

<tj98a8$248fc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34654&group=comp.mobile.android#34654

From: wue...@online.de (Wendelin Uez)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 20:01:10 +0200
 by: Wendelin Uez - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 18:01 UTC

With Teamviewer and AnyDesk you can have clients for both, Windows and
Android, and in both products server and client side can be inverted to
control the other one.

Re: Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android

<tj9gee.6q4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=34655&group=comp.mobile.android#34655

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 25 Oct 2022 18:20:44 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 25 Oct 2022 18:20 UTC

Wendelin Uez <wuez@online.de> wrote:
> With Teamviewer and AnyDesk you can have clients for both, Windows and
> Android, and in both products server and client side can be inverted to
> control the other one.

(As I explained in my earlier response,) Not quite correct.

For Android, client and server are two *seperate* products: TeamViewer
Remote Control and TeamViewer QuickSupport.

Shortest explanation from the horse's mouth:

'TeamViewer Remote Control'
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile>

"About this app

Use this app to remotely control other devices
Want to remote into this device? > Download the QuickSupport app"

computers / comp.mobile.android / Teamviewer / RealVNC *server* for Android