From: bla...@blah.blah (flibbertigibbet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Anti burn-in app?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:56:16 +0000
 by: flibbertigibbet - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 16:56 UTC

Hello. I use an old samsung tab (SM-T805) as a permanent weather station and
clock (https://bit.ly/3g7G3s9) in my lounge, but I've noticed it's caused
some burn-in and don't want it getting any worse. I've tried various burn-in
fixer apps and even ran Poweramp Music Player with the visuals full on for a
few days with the sound off to get rid of it, but nothing seems to work. I'm
starting to believe that once an outline is burnt into the screen there
ain't no getting rid of it. So, to stop the burn-in getting any worse I've
been looking around without success for an anti burn-in app that will run on
top of my weather station app periodically. That might help. Can anyone here
suggest an app that I can try?

Re: Anti burn-in app?

<1s2d4j-h8c.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35029&group=comp.mobile.android#35029

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Anti burn-in app?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:37:21 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:37 UTC

On 2022-11-15 17:56, flibbertigibbet wrote:
> Hello. I use an old samsung tab (SM-T805) as a permanent weather station and
> clock (https://bit.ly/3g7G3s9) in my lounge, but I've noticed it's caused
> some burn-in and don't want it getting any worse. I've tried various burn-in
> fixer apps and even ran Poweramp Music Player with the visuals full on for a
> few days with the sound off to get rid of it, but nothing seems to work. I'm
> starting to believe that once an outline is burnt into the screen there
> ain't no getting rid of it. So, to stop the burn-in getting any worse I've
> been looking around without success for an anti burn-in app that will run on
> top of my weather station app periodically. That might help. Can anyone here
> suggest an app that I can try?

I don't think you can do anything, except buy another tablet with a
screen that is resistant to burn in.

I have an old tablet that I used as kitchen clock for some time, and it
developed some screen trouble. Not really burn in, something else. So I
switched it off permanently.

A tablet with e-ink would be interesting for the purpose (B/W only, though).

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Anti burn-in app?

<j6o7nhhspcoct1n4qnsmktllqgiac319sr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35031&group=comp.mobile.android#35031

From: bla...@blah.blah (flibbertigibbet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:11:57 +0000
 by: flibbertigibbet - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:11 UTC

On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:37:21 +0100, "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2022-11-15 17:56, flibbertigibbet wrote:
>> Hello. I use an old samsung tab (SM-T805) as a permanent weather station and
>> clock (https://bit.ly/3g7G3s9) in my lounge, but I've noticed it's caused
>> some burn-in and don't want it getting any worse. I've tried various burn-in
>> fixer apps and even ran Poweramp Music Player with the visuals full on for a
>> few days with the sound off to get rid of it, but nothing seems to work. I'm
>> starting to believe that once an outline is burnt into the screen there
>> ain't no getting rid of it. So, to stop the burn-in getting any worse I've
>> been looking around without success for an anti burn-in app that will run on
>> top of my weather station app periodically. That might help. Can anyone here
>> suggest an app that I can try?
>
>I don't think you can do anything, except buy another tablet with a
>screen that is resistant to burn in.

Yeah, I thought as much. The burn-in isn't too bad. I'll have to live with
it.

>I have an old tablet that I used as kitchen clock for some time, and it
>developed some screen trouble. Not really burn in, something else. So I
>switched it off permanently.

So you're stuck with a tab with no work for it to do? That's a waste,
really. I really like the weather app on my tablet and I'd like to keep
using it if I can find a way of saving my screen. I use a different weather
app on my phone called
Weather Night Dock v2 PRO https://bit.ly/3TE6G5M
I use it because it's configurable and can be used with a dark red font that
doesn't light up the bedroom. And the best thing about it is that, unlike
the weather app on my tab downstairs in my lounge, this app has an
anti-burn-in feature; it moves the whole screen around every half hour.

>A tablet with e-ink would be interesting for the purpose (B/W only, though).

Not a bad idea for an unused Kindle Oasis.

Re: Anti burn-in app?

<fg5d4j-77g.ln1@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35032&group=comp.mobile.android#35032

From: robin_li...@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 20:22:22 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:22 UTC

On 2022-11-15 20:11, flibbertigibbet wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2022 19:37:21 +0100, "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-11-15 17:56, flibbertigibbet wrote:
>>> Hello. I use an old samsung tab (SM-T805) as a permanent weather station and
>>> clock (https://bit.ly/3g7G3s9) in my lounge, but I've noticed it's caused
>>> some burn-in and don't want it getting any worse. I've tried various burn-in
>>> fixer apps and even ran Poweramp Music Player with the visuals full on for a
>>> few days with the sound off to get rid of it, but nothing seems to work. I'm
>>> starting to believe that once an outline is burnt into the screen there
>>> ain't no getting rid of it. So, to stop the burn-in getting any worse I've
>>> been looking around without success for an anti burn-in app that will run on
>>> top of my weather station app periodically. That might help. Can anyone here
>>> suggest an app that I can try?
>>
>> I don't think you can do anything, except buy another tablet with a
>> screen that is resistant to burn in.
>
> Yeah, I thought as much. The burn-in isn't too bad. I'll have to live with
> it.

Maybe use a different app designed to change the colours of the
clock/weather app periodically, precisely with the idea of reducing burn-in.

No idea if such exist.

>> I have an old tablet that I used as kitchen clock for some time, and it
>> developed some screen trouble. Not really burn in, something else. So I
>> switched it off permanently.
>
> So you're stuck with a tab with no work for it to do? That's a waste,
> really.

It is an old cheap tablet, android 4 or older. Many apps refuse to run
on it. Reusing it as a clock for a year or so was nice :-)

> I really like the weather app on my tablet and I'd like to keep
> using it if I can find a way of saving my screen. I use a different weather
> app on my phone called
> Weather Night Dock v2 PRO https://bit.ly/3TE6G5M
> I use it because it's configurable and can be used with a dark red font that
> doesn't light up the bedroom. And the best thing about it is that, unlike
> the weather app on my tab downstairs in my lounge, this app has an
> anti-burn-in feature; it moves the whole screen around every half hour.

Ah.

>> A tablet with e-ink would be interesting for the purpose (B/W only, though).
>
> Not a bad idea for an unused Kindle Oasis.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Anti burn-in app?