From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:37:12 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 16:37 UTC

Hi,

My Wife and I have the exact same model Samsung SM-T380 tablet.

Her tablet no longer has screen rotation (portrait to landscape). My
tablet does. Her's is locked in portrait display. Note: Using the
camera, there is rotation to landscape view.

I searched the .PDF instructions for a way to enable her tablet's
screen rotation, but there was NO information found!!!!

I searched her tablet's Settings, used the "Search" icon, but
it did NOT have anything relating to "rotate" and "rotation".
"No results found" was the response!!!

A google search led me to Samsung's web site with general information
for enabling "auto rotate" on their phones and tablets. However, I could
NOT find the icon indicated for portrait or landscape!!!

Can anyone help me find the solution?

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE

<tliugb$15m47$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35194&group=comp.mobile.android#35194

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:48:11 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 16:48 UTC

Am 22.11.22 um 17:37 schrieb jaugustine@verizon.net:
> Hi,
>
> My Wife and I have the exact same model Samsung SM-T380 tablet.
>
> Her tablet no longer has screen rotation (portrait to landscape). My
> tablet does. Her's is locked in portrait display. Note: Using the
> camera, there is rotation to landscape view.
>
> I searched the .PDF instructions for a way to enable her tablet's
> screen rotation, but there was NO information found!!!!
>
> I searched her tablet's Settings, used the "Search" icon, but
> it did NOT have anything relating to "rotate" and "rotation".
> "No results found" was the response!!!
>
> A google search led me to Samsung's web site with general information
> for enabling "auto rotate" on their phones and tablets. However, I could
> NOT find the icon indicated for portrait or landscape!!!
>
> Can anyone help me find the solution?
>
> Thank You in advance, John

On my Pixel with Android 13:

Settings - Display - autorotate

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE

<slrntnq2v4.27fm.trepidation@vps.jonz.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35196&group=comp.mobile.android#35196

From: trepidat...@example.net (Allodoxaphobia)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 22 Nov 2022 17:50:39 GMT
 by: Allodoxaphobia - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:50 UTC

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:37:12 -0500, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> I searched the .PDF instructions for a way to enable her tablet's
> screen rotation, but there was NO information found!!!!

On my older TAB A if you pull down from the top, you should see
(among other things) a box in a circle of arrows.
If it's highlighted, rotation is locked to a fixed orientation.
Click it to resume auto-rotation.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | Marvin | W3DHJ.net | linux
38.238N 104.547W | @ jonz.net | Jonesy | FreeBSD

Re: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE

<1s6qnhdi1eliramf2pm9l444ljiueonn11@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35198&group=comp.mobile.android#35198

From: bla...@blah.blah (flibbertigibbet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:00:29 +0000
 by: flibbertigibbet - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:00 UTC

On Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:37:12 -0500, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
> My Wife and I have the exact same model Samsung SM-T380 tablet.
>
> Her tablet no longer has screen rotation (portrait to landscape). My
>tablet does. Her's is locked in portrait display. Note: Using the
>camera, there is rotation to landscape view.
>
> I searched the .PDF instructions for a way to enable her tablet's
>screen rotation, but there was NO information found!!!!
>
> I searched her tablet's Settings, used the "Search" icon, but
>it did NOT have anything relating to "rotate" and "rotation".
>"No results found" was the response!!!
>
> A google search led me to Samsung's web site with general information
>for enabling "auto rotate" on their phones and tablets. However, I could
>NOT find the icon indicated for portrait or landscape!!!
>
> Can anyone help me find the solution?
>
> Thank You in advance, John

I get this problem every time I use CCleaner. What I do is pull the screen
down, all the way down, and look for an icon that says 'Portrait'. Tap on
that and the icon changes into 'Auto rotate.'

Re: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE

<lm8qnh11k2g137b6igk29lb2il87mo23nm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35201&group=comp.mobile.android#35201

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 14:43:01 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 19:43 UTC

<SNIP>

UPDATE, FOUND SOLUTION:

I looked at the Quick Menu (pull down from top of screen) on my tablet.

I saw in the middle, a round circle icon with curved arrows, that clearly
indicated rotate. I tapped on that icon, and it changed to something else,
hard to see the symbol inside. I used a magnifying glass and saw a lock
symbol, the same symbol I remember seeing in my Wife's tablet (quick menu).

Tapped on that icon again, and it switched back to rotate icon.

Booted up my Wife's tablet, and tapped on that icon. It changed to
rotate.

It is TOO BAD that information was NOT in the instructions manual (PDF
file).

John

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Samsung TAB A, SM-T380 Tablet, Screen Rotate ISSUE