From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: signs of life nr saturn?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 01:40:23 +1000
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 15:40 UTC

Maybe NASA are breaking the news to us gently.

Methane Detected In The Plumes Of Enceladus Could Be A Sign Of Life
IFLScience, 07 Jul 2021 13:34Z
Enceladus is one of the moons of Saturn, a world famous for a deep ocean
hidden beneath ... The surprisingly large detection of methane, in
particular, was interesting. The molecule can be formed by ...

Methane in the plumes of Saturn's moon Enceladus: Possible signs of life?
Phys.org, 07 Jul 2021 07:30Z

--
Upcoming events:
9 Jul 2021 NOAA bn Dollar Disasters Q2

More than 22,000 apply to join European Space Agency's astronaut corps,
a new record
Space.com on MSN.com, 24 Jun 2021
The European Space Agency (ESA) received a record number of applications for
its recently closed call for new astronauts, with more than 22,000 people
applying - nearly 3 times as many applicants ...

[Sooo Cooold!]
New Zealand records warmest-ever June as ski fields struggle
Phys.org, 05 Jul 2021 09:22Z
New Zealand has recorded its warmest June since recordkeeping began, as ski
fields struggle to open and experts predict ...

[Sooo Cooold!]
Finland sees hottest June on record
Yle, 01 Jul 2021
Last month was the warmest June in Finnish meteorological measurement history,
according to data published by the Finnish ...

[Sooo Cooold!]
Get ready for the heat! Met Office says 14-day hot spell is on the way after
Europe basked in second-warmest June on record but you'll need your brolly today
Daily Mail, 07 Jul 2021 11:30Z
Forecasters are predicting a fortnight of summer sun as Europe enjoyed the
second-warmest June on record, but those cheering on the Three Lions tonight
might want to enjoy their pints under the ...

[Sooo Cooold!]
Heatwave stokes North America's warmest June on record
AFP on MSN.com, 07 Jul 2021 07:28Z
Last month was the hottest June on record in North America, stoked by a
deadly heatwave searing across parts of the region, ...

North America Has Its Hottest June on Record
New York Times, 07 Jul 2021 07:27Z
An analysis by European scientists found that other parts of the world
didn't fare much better, with Europe logging its ...

Heat waves caused warmest June ever in North America, data says
The Independent, 07 Jul 2021 13:56Z

[Fireball!]
Activists call for probe into impact of Gulf of Mexico fire as lightning blamed
ABC News, 07 Jul 2021 07:10Z
Environmental activists in Mexico are demanding an investigation into
marine damage to the Gulf of Mexico following last Fri's underwater
fireball.

In a first for the US, New York declares gun violence a disaster emergency
ABC News, 06 Jul 2021 22:34Z
Governor Andrew Cuomo hails the order as the first step in a comprehensive
plan that aims to tackle the surge in gun violence throughout the state.

Pentagon's $10 bn ["JEDI"] cloud deal latest Trump move reversed by Biden
Yahoo Finance, 06 Jul 2021 16:51Z

Underpaid firefighters, overstretched budgets: The US isn't prepared for
fires fueled by climate change
Washington Post on MSN.com, 01 Jul 2021
Fire experts say the escalation of wildfires, fueled by climate change,
demands an equally dramatic transformation in the ...

Kepler telescope glimpses population of free-floating planets
Phys.org, 06 Jul 2021 12:27Z
Tantalizing evidence has been uncovered for a mysterious population of
"free-floating" planets, planets that may be alone in ...

Snake Slithers Out of Toilet, Bites Man on His Genitals
Newsweek, 06 Jul 2021 02:25Z

How Bad Are US Wildfires? Even Hawaii Is Battling a Surge.
The New York Times, 06 Jul 2021 02:24Z
The blaze first swept across parched fields of guinea grass. Then the flames
got so close to Emma-Lei Gerrish's house that ...

Long Covid could be treated with experimental heart drug as patient 'cured'
of symptoms
The Mirror, 06 Jul 2021 14:59Z
German doctors are said to be investigating whether the BC 007 drug, a
compound developed by the German biotech company Berlin Cures to treat heart
failure, could be offered more widely ...

More than a bn seashore animals may have been cooked to death in Canada
heatwave
Yahoo Finance, 06 Jul 2021 14:38Z
Millions of clams, mussels, sea stars and other creatures are thought to
have been killed amid soaring temperatures in Canada ...

Nordic region, Arctic Circle feel the heat as brutal summer hits
Stars and Stripes, 06 Jul 2021 15:04Z
Record-high temperatures from Canada to Scandinavia and intense wildfires
flaring up from California to Russia's Far East are adding to extreme
weather events recorded at the start of the summer in ...

Male dragonflies lose their 'bling' in hotter climates
Phys.org, 05 Jul 2021 19:49Z
A study published the week of July 5 in the Proceedings of the National
Academy of Sciences led by Michael Moore at Washington University in St.
Louis finds that dragonfly males have consistently ...
[In warmer climates dark markings on the wings tend to disappear,
keeping the animals cooler but possibly making courting more difficult].

Re: signs of life nr saturn?

<sccvt71109u@news2.newsguy.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3544&group=alt.astronomy#3544

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Subject: Re: signs of life nr saturn?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:28:23 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 20:28 UTC

On 7/7/2021 8:40 AM, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
> Maybe NASA are breaking the news to us gently.
>

> Methane Detected In The Plumes Of Enceladus Could Be A Sign Of Life
> IFLScience, 07 Jul 2021 13:34Z
> Enceladus is one of the moons of Saturn, a world famous for a deep ocean
> hidden beneath ... The surprisingly large detection of methane, in
> particular, was interesting. The molecule can be formed by ...
>
> Methane in the plumes of Saturn's moon Enceladus: Possible signs of life?
> Phys.org, 07 Jul 2021 07:30Z

Certainly deserves to be checked out.
Same as the oceans of Europa.

Re: signs of life nr saturn?

<scd4ar$fd4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3545&group=alt.astronomy#3545

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:43:57 +0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 21:43 UTC

In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/2021 8:40 AM, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
>> Maybe NASA are breaking the news to us gently.
>>

>> Methane Detected In The Plumes Of Enceladus Could Be A Sign Of Life
>> IFLScience, 07 Jul 2021 13:34Z
>> Enceladus is one of the moons of Saturn, a world famous for a deep ocean
>> hidden beneath ... The surprisingly large detection of methane, in
>> particular, was interesting. The molecule can be formed by ...
>>
>> Methane in the plumes of Saturn's moon Enceladus: Possible signs of life?
>> Phys.org, 07 Jul 2021 07:30Z
>>
> Certainly deserves to be checked out.
> Same as the oceans of Europa.

It'll be interesting to see if some of the plankton in our own
oceans -- known to have quite weird and diverse genetics -- is at
all related to whatever they find elsewhere in the system.
Find it kinda nice to think stuff has been blowing around all over
for the last billion years.

--
[Cue the theremin:]
Plankton have a genome like no other

Papers explore massive plankton blooms with very different ecosystem impacts
Phys.org, 07 Jun 2021 20:15Z
"The big mystery about plankton is what controls its distribution and
abundance, and what conditions lead to big plankton blooms," said Dennis
McGillicuddy, .