From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.fan.heinlein,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Subject: NASA is actively searching for intelligent life in the universe
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 13:26:06 -0700
 by: a425couple - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 20:26 UTC

from
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/06/nasa-is-actively-searching-for-life-in-the-universe-official-says.html

NASA is actively searching for intelligent life in the universe and is
looking for habitable planets, official says
PUBLISHED TUE, JUL 6 20218:49 PM EDT
Emily DeCiccio

KEY POINTS
Intelligent life may exist elsewhere in the universe besides Earth, NASA
Administrator Bill Nelson said Tuesday, and NASA is actively searching
for signs.

“If you have a universe that is 13.5 billion years old — it is so big —
is there another chance for another Sun and another planet that has an
atmosphere like ours? I would say yes,” said Nelson.

Nelson said NASA has been involved in searching for intelligent life for
years, and noted that the agency is looking for life on the planets in
our solar system and elsewhere in the cosmos to determine other Suns
that have planets with a habitable atmosphere.

WATCH NOW
VIDEO03:10
NASA chief Bill Nelson on the new billionaire space race between Musk,
Bezos and Branson

Intelligent life may exist elsewhere in the universe besides Earth, NASA
Administrator Bill Nelson said in an interview Tuesday, and NASA is
actively searching for signs.

“If you have a universe that is 13.5 billion years old — it is so big —
is there another chance for another Sun and another planet that has an
atmosphere like ours? I would say yes, so I think we’re going to get
some indication that there’s intelligent life out there,” said Nelson
during an interview Tuesday.

In a report on unidentified flying objects released June 25, the U.S.
government couldn’t explain 143 of the 144 cases of UFOs reported by
military planes from 2004 to 2021, according to the Office of the
Director of National Intelligence.

Nelson told CNBC’s “The News with Shepard Smith” that NASA has been
involved in searching for intelligent life for years, and noted that the
agency is looking for life on the planets in our solar system and
elsewhere in the cosmos to determine other Suns that have planets with a
habitable atmosphere.

The former Florida Senator added that part of the search includes
learning more about Mars. NASA’s experimental helicopter Ingenuity made
its ninth flight on Mars on Monday. Ingenuity flew for nearly 3 minutes,
going as fast as 5 meters (over 16 feet) per second, according to a
tweet from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.

“This particular time, it’s scouting a very sandy region in order to
determine should the rover go there and possibly get stuck in the sand,
so Ingenuity is just doing amazing things,” Nelson said.

NASA described Ingenuity’s latest flight as “the most nerve-wracking
flight since Flight 1.”

Re: NASA is actively searching for intelligent life in the universe

<scd5a5$p0b$3@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3546&group=alt.astronomy#3546

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.fan.heinlein,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:00:39 +0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sat, 10 Jul 2021 22:00 UTC

In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
> from
> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/06/nasa-is-actively-searching-for-life-in-the-universe-official-says.html
>
> NASA is actively searching for intelligent life in the universe and is
> looking for habitable planets, official says
> PUBLISHED TUE, JUL 6 20218:49 PM EDT
> Emily DeCiccio

On a related note.

We have detected their radio emissions but just cant decode them.

Some tiny part of the recent public part (9p) of the Pentagon UFO report
says some of the strange objects "offically" seen buzzing around the atm
and jumping in and out of the oceans have emitted unusual radio signals.
No details provided in the report and no-one that has seen the 90
page "secret" version (+14 videos) has leaked any details.
So I presume "we" dont know if they are just noise EM from their
warp/quantum/antigravity/magnetic engine operation or some kind of
comms signals.

So I guess I can stop ragging on astronomers and SETI guys.
The idea to look for radio signals from groups that may/likely uses
something else entirely/better is not as dumb as I allays thought. ;)

We *have* detected RF associated with some "alien" high tech group.

Woo-hoo!

Hopefully they will be easier to read than whales or Japanese.