From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Quick Tutorial: How to seamlessly integrate Android with your desktop using webdav, adb & scrcpy freeware
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 03:37:03 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 03:37 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> As I hinted at in another thread ((cross)posted in/to
> comp.mobile.android), why don't you filter these crossposts and live
> happily ever after?

Frank is correct that I errantly cross posted to the iOS instead of Android
newsgroup, and, the instant I realized that faux pas, I corrected it.

Note that the cross post was by accident and that I said so the moment I
noticed it and I removed it and replaced it with android at that time.

We "could" write up a similar thread for iOS as I've already done most of
it anyway with my iPads, but I've _already_ written how to do it for iOS.

Mirroring of iOS keyboard, mouse, clipboard & screen on the desktop):
<https://i.postimg.cc/Kz7pW9mL/vysor22.jpg> Installing Apple drivers
<https://i.postimg.cc/tCvS8nGr/vysor23.jpg> iPad is connected to Win10
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

Integration of file systems (iOS, Windows, Android & Linux simultaneously):
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios000.jpg> Ubuntu before iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios010.jpg> Trust This Computer?
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios020.jpg> Allow device access?
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios030.jpg> iOS mounts on Ubuntu
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios040.jpg> View iOS filesystem
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios050.jpg> Including DCIM folder
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios060.jpg> For both read & write
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios070.jpg> If you know a trick
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios080.jpg> This is the trick!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios090.jpg> Which nobody knows!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios100.jpg> iFuse is Ubuntu native
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios110.jpg> iFuse mounts Windows
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios120.jpg> iFuse mounts iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios130.jpg> iFuse mounts all!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios140.jpg> read and write iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios150.jpg> Copy Win10 to iOS
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios160.jpg> Any file you want
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios170.jpg> Anywhere you want
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios180.jpg> Read & write all!

I think the only thing that we did for Android that I haven't tried yet
for iOS is using WebDAV to mount the iOS filesystem onto Windows.

While this already is a skill that only one in a million possess (IMHO),
if someone else has already mounted the entire iOS file system read/write
on Windows as a drive letter (much as I did above without it being a drive),
then _that_ would be a useful skill that one in ten million may have (IMHO).

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Quick Tutorial: How to seamlessly integrate Android with your desktop using webdav, adb & scrcpy freeware