Live Free or Live in Massachusetts.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Access to Android Data folder?

SubjectAuthor
* Access to Android Data folder?flibbertigibbet
+* Re: Access to Android Data folder?flibbertigibbet

Pages:12
Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tlldh2.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35221&group=comp.mobile.android#35221

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Subject: Re: Access to Android Data folder?
Date: 23 Nov 2022 14:17:13 GMT
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <antknhp90gfd5dq4ac5nle3e9qvocl0ces@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com>
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:17 UTC

Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote:
> flibbertigibbet <blah@blah.blah> wrote:

> >> Of COURSE he is trolling. This person is a notorious, Apple-hating troll
> >> boy. He uses multiple sock puppets to make it appear that people are
> >> agreeing with him.
> >
> > Oh crap. Thanks for the heads up. Would 'Andy Burns' be one of them? He blew
> > quite a lot of smoke up his arse in his last post to me.

Not Andy Burns, who is one of the good guys, but 'Andy Burnelli', as
Bob points out below.

> Yes, Andy Burnelli. Before that he was Arlen Holder. SMS is another sock
> puppet.

sms is not a sock puppet. He uses a single screen name and his real
name. Maybe you don't like his posts, but that doesn't make him a sock
puppet.

> He is a simple minded troll boy. Lies and more lies.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tlldov.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35222&group=comp.mobile.android#35222

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: 23 Nov 2022 14:21:12 GMT
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <tlhmpi$1gsl$1@dont-email.me> <221120220048394060%nospam@nospam.invalid>
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:21 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <tlhmpi$1gsl$1@dont-email.me>, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>

> > > Yes, Andy Burnelli. Before that he was Arlen Holder. SMS is
> > > another sock puppet.
> > >
> > > He is a simple minded troll boy. Lies and more lies.
> >
> > To be fair, I don't think that SMS is a sockpuppet of the same person
> > who posts as "Arlen" or "Andy Burnelli".
>
> they're different people, although they troll together.

They don't "troll together". They mostly disagree and one is often on
the receiving end of insults. Guess which one.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tlllu7.jkk.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35229&group=comp.mobile.android#35229

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 23 Nov 2022 16:40:59 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 16:40 UTC

flibbertigibbet <blah@blah.blah> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 16:56:41 +0000, flibbertigibbet <blah@blah.blah> wrote:
>
> >Up until quite recently I've been using
> >File Manager Plus https://bit.ly/3Vb0h31
> >and or
> >USB Media Explorer https://bit.ly/3EM2wEx
> >to get around my Galaxy S22 Ultra, because the standard file explorer is
> >pretty basic and had been giving me the runaround when trying to access my
> >Data folder. Now, though, since updating to Android 13 these paid-for
> >3rd-party apps won't give me access to that folder. Can anyone here tell me
> >how I can get these apps to cooperate with me, or maybe tell me which app
> >bypasses Android's efforts to keep their customers out of this folder,
> >please?
>
> Sorted. FV File Pro does the job nicely.

You already have your solution, but in case you - or anyone else -
are/is also looking for alternative methods:

I have found that with a normal USB connection to a Windows system -
i.e. using MTP - one also gets access to the Android/data and
Android/obb folders. At least that's the case for my Samsung Galaxy A51
(currently Android 12) and my Windows 11 system.

BTW, you do realize that 'FV File Manager'/'FV File Pro' [1] are
developed in Hong Kong?

While Hong Kong might still be somewhat safe, previous file managers
such as ES File Explorer were developed in China, did rather nasty
things behind the scenes and were withdrawn from the Play Store / Google
Play.

Hope this helps.

[1]
'FV File Manager'
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.file>
'FV File Pro'
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.filepro>

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<c3ksnhdofnrdkdtjjq6oussiporlhaa4a9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35234&group=comp.mobile.android#35234

From: bla...@blah.blah (flibbertigibbet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:19:14 +0000
 by: flibbertigibbet - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:19 UTC

On 23 Nov 2022 16:40:59 GMT, Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:

>flibbertigibbet <blah@blah.blah> wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 16:56:41 +0000, flibbertigibbet <blah@blah.blah> wrote:
>>
>> >Up until quite recently I've been using
>> >File Manager Plus https://bit.ly/3Vb0h31
>> >and or
>> >USB Media Explorer https://bit.ly/3EM2wEx
>> >to get around my Galaxy S22 Ultra, because the standard file explorer is
>> >pretty basic and had been giving me the runaround when trying to access my
>> >Data folder. Now, though, since updating to Android 13 these paid-for
>> >3rd-party apps won't give me access to that folder. Can anyone here tell me
>> >how I can get these apps to cooperate with me, or maybe tell me which app
>> >bypasses Android's efforts to keep their customers out of this folder,
>> >please?
>>
>> Sorted. FV File Pro does the job nicely.
>
> You already have your solution, but in case you - or anyone else -
>are/is also looking for alternative methods:
>
> I have found that with a normal USB connection to a Windows system -
>i.e. using MTP - one also gets access to the Android/data and
>Android/obb folders. At least that's the case for my Samsung Galaxy A51
>(currently Android 12) and my Windows 11 system.

OMG. I didn't even consider connecting a grubby little wire to it and
navigating around to find my Data folder like we had to in to old days.
Thank you very much!

> BTW, you do realize that 'FV File Manager'/'FV File Pro' [1] are
>developed in Hong Kong?
>
> While Hong Kong might still be somewhat safe, previous file managers
>such as ES File Explorer were developed in China, did rather nasty
>things behind the scenes and were withdrawn from the Play Store / Google
>Play.
>
> Hope this helps.

Absolutely it does, and thanks for the heads-up about this app being
developed in Hong Kong. When looking around for an app to explore my Data
folder after finding my trusted File Manager Plus came up short I did read
something about ES File Explorer being a dodgy Hong Kong app that had been
withdrawn. I used to rely on that app, too. Thanks again.

>[1]
>'FV File Manager'
><https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.file>
>'FV File Pro'
><https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.filepro>

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<gumsnhhfuliql59nb1552af0fg31ono0p8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35239&group=comp.mobile.android#35239

From: bla...@blah.blah (flibbertigibbet)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:58:55 +0000
References: <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <emvonhtipm9p21kij9d1t4rvg3gg898bvf@4ax.com> <tlioi0$i2q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ju5unkFa5mtU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: flibbertigibbet - Wed, 23 Nov 2022 17:58 UTC

On 23 Nov 2022 07:00:04 GMT, Bob Martin <bob.martin@excite.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> 3. I spent hours faithfully answering your questions, in technical detail
>> a. I provided programs
>> b. I tested every program
>> c. I provided screenshots, etc.
>>
>> And... most importantly, I answered all your questions.
>> a. Free of charge
>> b. Out of my own good intentions
>> c. And honest behavior
>>
>> Now, you come along and accuse me of acts based on what the iKooks Alan
>> Baker (IQ 40) and Bob Campbell (likely the same as Alan Baker) tell you?
>>
>> It doesn't matter that you chose just about the worst app a human being can
>> choose to solve your problem because what matters is you call me an idiot.
>>
>> You're right on that.
>> I'm an idiot for trying to help you, "flibbertigibbet"... that much I know.
>>
>> Having said that, you've just joined Alan Baker in my killfile, and, while
>> I'm at it (since it's a PITA to administer), so has his Bob Campbell nym.
>>
>> Good luck.
>>
>> NOTE: This thread is not in vain though, as anyone searching for privacy
>> now and in the future will find the useful information I imparted - and -
>> in fact, I was able to create a new thread based on substantive tests.
>> *Why do some file managers read the root partition?*
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/40arOFaEV9k>
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/fT7MSr90/root01.jpg> non-rooted, All Files Access=On
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/05wkPQ5n/root02.jpg> Half of file managers read root
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/R0hm8Cbc/root03.jpg> & half of file managers do not
>> and
>> *Android System Intelligence - Do you clear it periodically?*
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/2YuJGy6gjG8>
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/V6k0sgfz/sysintel01.jpg> Android System Intelligence
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/Pr3LDYgz/sysintel02.jpg> Disable ASI on your phone
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/x8gXtzcQ/sysintel03.jpg> That stops many activities
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/VLPzf9Px/sysintel04.jpg> ASI no longer shows up
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/9FjntrgQ/sysintel05.jpg> Private Compute Services
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/Qt9yS5rH/sysintel06.jpg> Uploads to Google servers
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/QdfY3S8F/sysintel07.jpg> FOSS OpenBoard KB learning
>> <https://i.postimg.cc/s25ctzct/sysintel08.jpg> Summary of the steps taken
>>
>> Since I'm all about learning, teaching, and helping others on Android,
>> I'm still actually glad I tried to help this person since I learned from
>> the effort, and since others will benefit greatly from that new knowledge.
>> --
>> Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
>> which, in this case, is to explain that anyone who ignores helpful advice
>> from people who honestly tried to help them, and then who takes everything
>> that Alan Baker & Bob Campbell say as gospel, isn't even worth helping.
>>
>> These people are a lost cause, mostly due to their extremely low IQ...

No, he hasn't. I wouldn't have seen this without looking at your response,
but there's the rub when putting bozos in your bin. Not your fault. So no,
he hasn't got anything better than to 'benefit himself.' Let me explain.
Look at his post where he writes,

"3. I spent hours faithfully answering your questions, in technical detail
a. I provided programs
b. I tested every program
c. I provided screenshots, etc."

And... most importantly, I answered all your questions.
a. Free of charge
b. Out of my own good intentions
c. And honest behavior"

From that we can see that Andy/Arlen, or whoever he or she really is, went
to great lengths to provide a lot of information to a simple question. So my
immediate question in response to all that effort is, "cui bono?" Who really
stands to gain from all that work he claims to so selflessly provide for me?
I think I'm on safe ground when I say, "It's you, Andy/Arlen. Certainly not
me!

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<jun203Ft2jfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35426&group=comp.mobile.android#35426

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:40:04 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 18:40 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> Bob Campbell wrote:
>
>> Would 'Andy Burns' be one of them?
>> He blew quite a lot of smoke up his arse in his last post to me.
>
> Not Andy Burns, who is one of the good guys

Thanks Frank.

> but 'Andy Burnelli', as Bob points out below.
I'm not sure I remember replying to Bob Campbell ...

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm5ocg.794.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35428&group=comp.mobile.android#35428

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: 29 Nov 2022 19:00:37 GMT
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <tlldh2.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <jun203Ft2jfU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Frank Slootweg - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 19:00 UTC

Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
> Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
> > Bob Campbell wrote:
> >
> >> Would 'Andy Burns' be one of them?
> >> He blew quite a lot of smoke up his arse in his last post to me.
> >
> > Not Andy Burns, who is one of the good guys
>
> Thanks Frank.

You're - *very* - welcome.

> > but 'Andy Burnelli', as Bob points out below.
> I'm not sure I remember replying to Bob Campbell ...

No, you did not reply to Bob Campbell, I did. I was referring to Bob's
"Yes, Andy Burnelli. Before that he was Arlen Holder.". See my full
post to which you replied. Or just don't bother, it's not important.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm61s1$6qr$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35440&group=comp.mobile.android#35440

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 22:42:21 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 29 Nov 2022 22:42 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> You already have your solution, but in case you - or anyone else -
> are/is also looking for alternative methods:
>
> I have found that with a normal USB connection to a Windows system -
> i.e. using MTP - one also gets access to the Android/data and
> Android/obb folders. At least that's the case for my Samsung Galaxy A51
> (currently Android 12) and my Windows 11 system.
>
> BTW, you do realize that 'FV File Manager'/'FV File Pro' [1] are
> developed in Hong Kong?
>
> While Hong Kong might still be somewhat safe, previous file managers
> such as ES File Explorer were developed in China, did rather nasty
> things behind the scenes and were withdrawn from the Play Store / Google
> Play.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> [1]
> 'FV File Manager'
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.file>
> 'FV File Pro'
> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.filepro>

I think Frank's choice sucks so I want to let folks know _before_
they install it that it contains GSF (google spyware, IMHO).

However, as Frank partially noted, the OP came up with just about the worst program
he could have chosen, and like Frank, I provided multiple better solutions
(mine were free, ad free and gsf free, which I use as a matter of habit).
<https://i.postimg.cc/fT7MSr90/root01.jpg> Even with All Files Access=On
<https://i.postimg.cc/05wkPQ5n/root02.jpg> Half of file managers read root
<https://i.postimg.cc/R0hm8Cbc/root03.jpg> & half of file managers do not

All of these read my non-=rooted root file system partition without issues.
X-plore File Manager App
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelycatgames.Xplore>
MK Explorer File Manager App
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.mkexplorer.kormateusz>
MiX File Manager App (the free version com.mixexplorer not on Google Play)
<https://mixplorer.com/>
<https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-2-2-mixplorer-v6-x-released-fully-featured-file-manager.1523691/#post-23109280>
FX File Manager App
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx>

The problem I have with Frank's suggestions is the GSF spyware in both of them.

I realize most people, perhaps even Frank, and certainly the OP, wouldn't
even know what it means to have GSF in them, but my logical argument is
why install an app with GSF in it when the same functionality exists without?

What's Frank's logic of suggesting a GSF app when non-GSF equivalents exist?

I suspect the reason if Frank might not know _how_ to figure out if an
app incorporates GSF, which is an Android skill everyone should have.

Certainly the OP doesn't know how.
But just as certainly people like Andy Burns knows how.

What about Frank?
Does he know how to find apps that do NOT incorporate GSF ink them?

Do you?

--
HINT: If you don't have _this_ Android skill, you don't know Android
as well as you probably should.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm66ij$1muf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35445&group=comp.mobile.android#35445

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 00:02:40 +0000
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <antknhp90gfd5dq4ac5nle3e9qvocl0ces@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <emvonhtipm9p21kij9d1t4rvg3gg898bvf@4ax.com> <tlioi0$i2q$1@gioia.aioe.org> <ju5unkFa5mtU1@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 00:02 UTC

Bob Martin wrote:

>> !delete-regex From "philo"
>> !delete-regex From "Bob Campbell"
>> !delete-regex From "flibbertigibbet"
>
> Nothing better to do?

Well, that reminds me I have one more "better" thing to do.

Change from:
!markread-regex From "Bob Martin"

Change to:
!delete-regex From "Bob Martin"

ciao
--
Only recently have I been making good use of killfiles which is making the
clutter for me & everyone much less in that I won't see people like you.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm6gn7$jfc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35447&group=comp.mobile.android#35447

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 02:55:48 +0000
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <tlhmpi$1gsl$1@dont-email.me> <221120220048394060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tlldov.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 02:55 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

>>> To be fair, I don't think that SMS is a sockpuppet of the same person
>>> who posts as "Arlen" or "Andy Burnelli".
>>
>> they're different people, although they troll together.
>
> They don't "troll together". They mostly disagree and one is often on
> the receiving end of insults. Guess which one.

I think it's funny how many nyms are attributed to me, so what I suggest,
moving forward is people list only nyms that they think are NOT me. OK?

BTW, if you can't figure out my messages in mere seconds, you're an idiot.

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<juol5kF5rspU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35451&group=comp.mobile.android#35451

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 09:13:24 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 09:13 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> it's funny how many nyms are attributed to me

You have to admit, you've had plenty over the years ...

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm7qpk.qp4.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35452&group=comp.mobile.android#35452

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 30 Nov 2022 13:53:53 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 13:53 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
> > You already have your solution, but in case you - or anyone else -
> > are/is also looking for alternative methods:
> >
> > I have found that with a normal USB connection to a Windows system -
> > i.e. using MTP - one also gets access to the Android/data and
> > Android/obb folders. At least that's the case for my Samsung Galaxy A51
> > (currently Android 12) and my Windows 11 system.
> >
> > BTW, you do realize that 'FV File Manager'/'FV File Pro' [1] are
> > developed in Hong Kong?
> >
> > While Hong Kong might still be somewhat safe, previous file managers
> > such as ES File Explorer were developed in China, did rather nasty
> > things behind the scenes and were withdrawn from the Play Store / Google
> > Play.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > [1]
> > 'FV File Manager'
> > <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.file>
> > 'FV File Pro'
> > <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.folderv.filepro>
>
> I think Frank's choice sucks so I want to let folks know _before_
> they install it that it contains GSF (google spyware, IMHO).

I didn't 'choose' anything, I just gave an alternative solution (MTP)
and expressed some concerns about the *OP*'s app.

[More of the same not-reading-for-comprehension failures deleted.]

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm81jc$nlm$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35456&group=comp.mobile.android#35456

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:50:01 +0000
References: <q6mknht46vitqe9t7tr7k45qriu93fhfm4@4ax.com> <tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com> <tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com> <tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com> <PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com> <lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com> <l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com> <tlhmpi$1gsl$1@dont-email.me> <221120220048394060%nospam@nospam.invalid> <tlldov.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <tm6gn7$jfc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <juol5kF5rspU2@mid.individual.net>
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:50 UTC

Andy Burns wrote:

> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>
>> it's funny how many nyms are attributed to me
>
> You have to admit, you've had plenty over the years ...

Hi Andy,

*I wonder how many people are intelligent enough to understand why?*

HINT: I provide _tremendous_ information in my posts, including
screenshots galore... thousands over the years... and photos of my
home and equipment and farm animals & vehicles (for other newsgroups
and web sites).

Nobody who knows my style will take more than ten seconds to figure
out a post from me. If it takes them more than that, they're idiots.

How long would it take you, Andy, to figure out these are my devices?
<https://i.postimg.cc/k5gv0yw8/vysor34.jpg> Apple iOS & Android mirroring

I don't change the screenshots, Andy.
I change the wrapping paper.

Nobody who knows my homescreen will take more than an instant to figure
out the screenshots are from me, whether on Windows, Linux, iOS or Android.

My pool, for example, like most pools, is unique, and, being on the
top of a mountain, wouldn't be difficult to geolocate by even a mere
novice with a general idea of the location (which I provide in a
general sense as it's necessary information).

Notice one thing, which is I provide the _necessary_ detailed information.
Extremely detailed.

I'm not going to give out my MAC address or my SSID (on purpose), but I'll
give out the signal strength and other nearby signals, geolocation, etc.,
as needed for the topic. (sometimes it accidentally spills, though.)

Which is also the point.
I wonder how many people are intelligent enough to realize these points?

Having said all that, I realize most people are here for _amusement_ and
that means they just bandy about not adding any value at all.

To those who are here merely for amusement, which is most people you must
admit, the headers _are_ important to them so they _easily_ know whom
they're dealing with.

But again, I have to say I don't hide who I am, and yet pretty much
everyone who posts has been accused, one by one, of being me.

As I see it, given my tremendous value, there are only two choices:
a. Obfuscate headers and keep providing tremendously detailed value,
or,
b. Keep the header and provide almost nothing of real value.

What would _you_ prefer?

Said more simply, I could put the value inside wrapping paper that changes,
or I could use the same wrapping paper but I'd have to remove the value.

The wrapping paper isn't the gift.
The gift is the intense amount of real data.

That comes at a price.

And rest assured I'm aware that harvesters deal with headers first.
Heuristics second.

As for heuristics, I'm well aware that photos can be geolocated
by a variety of hugely mechanized means, and I post plenty.

Even without photos, just a screenshot has telltale fingerprints,
which, Lord knows, I use methods to obfuscate, but you can't beat
fourier transforms no matter how hard you try with free PC tools.

Since I provide _immense_ detail in my posts, I try to provide
as close to zero identifiable detail in my headers.

It's wrapping paper which I change when needed.
I even change up news and web (for forums) and vpn and proxy servers
so that any one Internet server doesn't have that treasure trove of meta data.

I wonder who is intelligent enough to realize how simple this is for me
to understand, and yet, always so unfathomably incomprehensible to them?

But then, how many tutorials do _they_ write? (Yes, I know the answer.)
How many pool, car, building, plumbing, etc., tutorials do they write?

Without bragging, I'm famous on the BMW forum, where I autopsied a bimmer
a decade ago and they're _still_ trying to get me to snap more photos.

It's to the point that you can find my autopsy photos simply by
going to Google image search, and, Lord knows, if you find one,
you can easily collect the rest.

My point being I provide value that only one in a million provide.
Who is intelligent enough to understand something even that simple?

I'm not saying you don't provide value.
I'm not even saying that nospam doesn't provide value.

But I am saying my value is tremendous, and it's unique.
And the unique value is the part that requires the bland wrapping paper.

I'd wager a single tutorial by me of this kind of value contains value
that only one in a million (maybe one in ten million) people know, Andy.

Do you realize I can _write_ to the entire visible file system of iOS?
And I wrote the tutorial so that _anyone_ can do so, for free?

How many people know how to do that?
BTW, they always lie and say they do know how.

But then I ask them the trick.
And they don't know it.

Which means I _know_ they lied.
They can't do it.

Which is no big deal (but that's the point - they are not intelligent enough).

Only one person in millions knows this trick, Andy.
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios040.jpg> View iOS filesystem
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios050.jpg> Including DCIM folder
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios060.jpg> For both read & write
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios070.jpg> If you know a trick
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios080.jpg> This is the trick!
<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=18_ios090.jpg> Which nobody knows!

The people who complain about the wrapping paper can't even _comprehend_ the gift inside.

Would you agree that the header doesn't contain the value.
The body does.

Would you agree that, for some of these people, a _single_ tutorial
of mine is more on-topic technical value than some of these people
(e.g., Joerg Lorenz, Alan Baker, Jolly Roger, etc. but not nospam)
have provided to Usenet in their _entire_ lives?

In summary, I'm content to provide immense detail inside my
content where the price I pay is I need to blur out the headers.

What's the alternative bearing in mind even a _single_ tutorial
from me is absolutely undoubtedly more added value than most of
these people have added to this forum in their entire lives.

If they doubt that, I simply ask them to point to the tutorials
they posted, where I've posted so many (hundreds, thousands? I
don't even know as I posted many thousands under a different
mechanism decades ago before cell phones & web forums).

Is this really difficult to understand for an intelligent person?
*Only a fool believes the value of a gift is in the wrapping paper*

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm82nm$1a4k$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35457&group=comp.mobile.android#35457

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:09:23 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:09 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

>> I think Frank's choice sucks so I want to let folks know _before_
>> they install it that it contains GSF (google spyware, IMHO).
>
> I didn't 'choose' anything, I just gave an alternative solution (MTP)
> and expressed some concerns about the *OP*'s app.

Fair enough Frank.

I apologize for deprecating the app you posted.

You most likely ran an apk search just like most Android owners do.
Unfortunately, the approach you used didn't filter out GSF spyware.

Meanwhile, I had _already_ (long before you posted) provided
the OP (and by extension, everyone on this newsgroup) with
non-GSF-spyware (seemingly) equivalent free ad free similar apps.

1. I provided a solution that didn't contain GSF spyware
2. You provided a solution that did

The point isn't so much about that one app which contains GSF spyware,
but about a more intelligent overall approach to finding apps that don't.

That's the value of my response to you (and by extension, everyone).

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm838s$1j3d$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35458&group=comp.mobile.android#35458

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:18:33 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 17:18 UTC

Andy Burnelli wrote:

> The point isn't so much about that one app which contains GSF spyware,
> but about a more intelligent overall approach to finding apps that don't.

BTW, I want to make it clear that I recognize that Frank and I were just
about the only people to provide the OP (and by extension, everyone else)
with apps that solved the problem that the OP was stating he had.

Which is important because seeing root is a common issue if you don't know
what Frank and I and Andy and only a few others know about how Android
works (where Andy knows more than I'll ever know about how Android works).

Both Frank and I agreed, for different reasons, that the OP's choice is,
in our opinions, a bad one - which we patiently explained to the OP why.

Nobody else, to my knowledge, even tried to help the OP (although someone
did suggest using Windows to see it so there may have been some others).

At one point, the OP started to become one of the trolls so he's gone
forever from my sight - but another suggestion I "would" have patiently
explained to him is as simple as adding a webdav server to his phone.
<https://i.postimg.cc/BvJdKWzt/webdav06.jpg> Both sdcards mounted

But I determined any more hours spent trying to help the OP is wasted.

Thankfully, with Frank's and my suggestions, anyone (not just the OP) who
wants to see the root file system can do so simply by installing these.

Here are, for example, the results of my first tests for the OP.
<https://i.postimg.cc/fT7MSr90/root01.jpg> non-rooted, All Files Access=On
<https://i.postimg.cc/05wkPQ5n/root02.jpg> Half of file managers read root
<https://i.postimg.cc/R0hm8Cbc/root03.jpg> & half of file managers do not

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm89qi.e4c.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35461&group=comp.mobile.android#35461

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 30 Nov 2022 18:10:21 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 18:10 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Frank Slootweg wrote:
>
> >> I think Frank's choice sucks so I want to let folks know _before_
> >> they install it that it contains GSF (google spyware, IMHO).
> >
> > I didn't 'choose' anything, I just gave an alternative solution (MTP)
> > and expressed some concerns about the *OP*'s app.
>
> Fair enough Frank.
>
> I apologize for deprecating the app you posted.

Sigh! *I* didn't post any app. I posted some *additional* information
about the app which the *OP* uses. (See, there are these
emphasis-marking stars again! Trust me/us, they actually *do* mean
something.)

[And yet even more of the same not-reading-for-comprehension failures
deleted.]

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm8fn1$1g5g$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35462&group=comp.mobile.android#35462

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:50:54 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 30 Nov 2022 20:50 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

> Sigh! *I* didn't post any app. I posted some *additional* information
> about the app which the *OP* uses.

I apologize if I misconstrued what you did, so I will, at this very moment,
stop and review what you did post as I never dispute facts (only a fool
does that - that's why they're fools).

a. You suggested an MTP alternative solution (which I agree with and which
I expounded upon with WebDAV knowing full well you are aware of FTPUse).

b. Then you mentioned FV File Manager & its Pro version were suspect upon
a basic inspection (which I also agree as your assessment is rational).

c. Then, I immediately responded that I think your choice sucks.

Aha! The smoking gun.

You're completely correct.
I was _wrong_.

Dead wrong, in fact.

I'm not sure why I "thought" (clearly erroneously so) you were _suggesting_
that sucky app, especially as it wasn't even unclear your wording.

You know a lot of Usenet disputes are merely the case of clarify, while the
others are a case of duplicity such as almost anything from nospam, while
others are cases of purposeful deceit (e.g., Verizon with Steve), etc.

This one, I can't even _explain_ why I thought what I had thought.
Clearly, I had _thought_ (wrongly so!) you had _suggested_ the app.
Yet, you didn't.

Nobody would think you did.
Not even me - when I re-read what you wrote.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention at the time, or maybe I was time sharing or
moving about from one task to another... dunno. It was an eternity ago so
to speak in terms of why I blitzed out on what you said.

I should have taken your denial more seriously also, in the subsequent
posts from you (which I didn't bother to doublecheck until this moment).

I'm sorry I railed on you for something you didn't even do!
I don't even know _why_ I did it (other than I thought you did).

But you didn't.
My fault.

100% my fault.
No fault of yours.

I appreciate your patience, and I apologize for _my_ miscommunication.
(My emphasis is for similar reasons as yours.)

I was wrong.
You are correct.

I honestly & openly admit I was wrong and I publicly apologize to you.

Adults don't disagree on facts.
We can disagree on assessments of the facts, but here that's clear.

You didn't suggest the app.
In fact, you and I both deprecated the app for similar (different) reasons.

Sorry.

I should update the canonical thread but Google hides message-IDs now.
*wrong* by badgolferman May 29, 2019, 8:22:16 PM
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/BjiM9DsVXj8/m/CiSykWPPBwAJ>

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tm8rb1$2kc2i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35464&group=comp.mobile.android#35464

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.android,alt.privacy
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 16:09:05 -0800
<tle0vb$1lc8$1@gioia.aioe.org> <j1blnhllq3i0a6297lt1aq5n87kbhmt6bd@4ax.com>
<tlemsi$1fsq$1@gioia.aioe.org> <d1fmnhhpda8uld29a4gj0t0524tuhbcvvg@4ax.com>
<tlg3j9$1k7c$1@gioia.aioe.org> <9cbnnhlh0qr94vvcvet7j61psed381ojhc@4ax.com>
<PqCcnS5TMK6oXeb-nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@supernews.com>
<lfknnhl1mpvk4ojugq6no8euimc33mitcq@4ax.com>
<l6GcnVvnxuuwyuH-nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@supernews.com>
<tlhmpi$1gsl$1@dont-email.me> <221120220048394060%nospam@nospam.invalid>
<tlldov.fo8.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net> <tm6gn7$jfc$1@gioia.aioe.org>
<juol5kF5rspU2@mid.individual.net> <tm81jc$nlm$1@gioia.aioe.org>
 by: Alan - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 00:09 UTC

On 2022-11-30 08:50, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> Andy Burnelli wrote:
>>
>>> it's funny how many nyms are attributed to me
>>
>> You have to admit, you've had plenty over the years ...
>
> Hi Andy,
>
>  *I wonder how many people are intelligent enough to understand why?*

Ooh!

You're a trolling little shit?

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tmakc4.peg.1@ID-201911.user.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35472&group=comp.mobile.android#35472

From: thi...@ddress.is.invalid (Frank Slootweg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: 1 Dec 2022 15:22:39 GMT
 by: Frank Slootweg - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 15:22 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> Frank Slootweg wrote:
[...]

> I honestly & openly admit I was wrong and I publicly apologize to you.

Thanks. No problem.

[...]

Re: Access to Android Data folder?

<tmaumn$5ur$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35474&group=comp.mobile.android#35474

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:19:00 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Thu, 1 Dec 2022 19:19 UTC

Frank Slootweg wrote:

>> I honestly & openly admit I was wrong and I publicly apologize to you.
>
> Thanks. No problem.

</begin philosophical discussion on the origin of Usenet disputes>

Thank you for being gracious, as I made _multiple_ mistakes.
a. I was wrong from the start
b. When you said I was wrong, I didn't even bother to check
c. It's only when you were patient enough (to your credit) to
_repeat_ I was wrong, that I bothered to check (my second fault).

We've both been on Usenet since just about when it was created.

On Usenet, disputes are commonplace, most of which are merely a case of
clarity (e.g., when you and I discussed the ability to change nntp
headers), while others are strange cases of defending the undefendable
(such as how nospam defends Apple), while still others are even stranger
cases of apparently purposeful deceit (e.g., Verizon coverage compared to
T-Mobile with Steve), etc., and some are a result of belligerent ignorance
(e.g., almost anything out of Joerg Lorenz, Jolly Roger, Lewis, et al.),
and some are just plain old mistakes (like what I just did to you).
a. clarity
b. duplicity
c. deceit
d. ignorance
e. mistakes

We go way back, you and me, where I'm well aware you consider me a troll,
and yet I remember (fondly so, actually) how well you educated me on the
port issues with SMB when I was desperately trying to get an Android SMB
client to work with the Windows servers. It just can't be done (unrooted).

Then you turned me on to FTPUse, but by then I had already found WebDAV
which works so well I never looked back after that, especially now with adb
working seamlessly over Wi-FI without a USB cable since around Android 11.

On the point of clarity...

I don't know if you remember the nntp header example, but I understood only
years later _why_ you so strongly objected to what I had said to an iKook.

Taking into account no adult disputes facts - only fools do that...

I had initially been surprised you disputed what I had said about headers.
It was only _years later_ I realized _why_ you disputed what I had said.

It was a case of clarity...

The "clarity" part was I had been quite casually dismissively responding to
an ignorant iKook who was claiming (as I recall) that the User-Agent:
couldn't be spoofed - or maybe it was some other easily modified header -
and my glib response to that ignorant iKook was that any of the headers can
be spoofed - to which you objected.

At the time, I objected to your objection...

It was only years later that I realized what your objection was, which is
that you are correct that not every line in the nntp header is completely
under the control of the sender - which I would never dispute.

Keeping in mind the maxim - only a fool disputes facts...

My point on "clarity" is that my glib response to an iKook is at the proper
level for responding to that Kook - but you didn't know I had made that
determination. You took it at face value - which is a fair way to take it.

In my mind, in terms of clarity, clearly had I made that response to you,
an nntp server admin, then I'd have to get into the detail of the injected
headers, and even perhaps into the "partially injected" headers like PATH:.

You are well above others in this regard so I'd even have to get into the
fact the DATE and the TIMEZONE are 100% in the control of the user, while
most of the injected headers are only in control of the user to the point
that they can choose their nntp server (who chooses what to inject).

But most people don't know this and, as a result of their ignorance, they
put way too much value in their self-assessed ability to divine headers.

In fact even you have claimed, in the past, as I recall, that you can
divine _my_ headers, and once or twice you were right as you told me that
my timezone was showing up oddly (which it was) - but which I then fixed.

Another time, as I recall, you found a typo in one of my headers, which I
fixed, and then, after that I saw you say to someone you can _still_ tell
me from my header but you're not gonna publicly say what lest I see it. :)

At this point, I don't think you can tell me from my header alone, but of
course there are telltale bits of information in the injected lines I can't
control if you know what bits to look for (I do).

Other than in the injected bits, I do not think you can tell me from my
header but if you can, that's fine - but my argument has always been that
I've been posting the same detailed screenshots & tutorials for years,
where I _assume_ they can figure out my posts in seconds.

And yet, I've seen even Andy Burns recently being accused of being me, not
for his headers but for "blowing smoke" up the butt of this thread's OP.

Can you believe that?

Another person, I don't remember who (was it badgolferman?) was accused of
being me this week simply for having AIOE's IP address in the PATH:.

Yet another recent case in which you responded in the negative was sms
being accused of being me, which is a classic case since Steve, like I,
deprecates Apple when necessary and yet uses Apple & Android
interchangeably. As an aside, I wasn't sure why you claimed "one of us"
calls the other names, where it was clear whom you had in mind, but you
just need to keep in mind I call it like it is - and in the cases you're
likely referencing, its when I respond to Steve's "political" views (which,
in my pragmatic realpolitik, are far to the left... so far that he thinks
the middle is far to the right - so he & I will never agree on politics).

If you combine the fact Steve knows nothing about "Covid" in so much as he
knows what the hoi polloi knows, but he doesn't have my background in
virology, immunology, physiology, biochemistry, etc. that I have... if you
combine that with his leftist leanings of using the government to control
the population... and then you add his extremely strong (risk avoidance
that I simply don't have... the result is just as you accurately stated.

Nobody who is an adult with sufficient neuronal tissue to form a synapse
would confuse the two of us even if we used EXACTLY the same headers!

And yet... they did accuse sms of being me!

You can see why I smile every time this happen, since they're just guessing
or they're divining headers (which are "almost" meaningless for their
purposes) - and yes - I know the choice of nntp servers and the selection
on an _account_ on that nntp server - and the specific VPN IP address used
for sending messages to that nntp server - change the headers).

Anyway, apart from your field of experience with nntp headers, the source
of disagreements on Usenet seem, to me, to be of five origins.
A. Clarity
Our personal disagreement on headers turned out NOT to be based on
the facts, but to lack of "clarity" of my offhand discourse with iKooks.
B. Duplicity
Virtual any disagreement with nospam would provide an example of
his "duplicity" in virtually every response (for reasons unknown).
C. Deceit
Similarly for reasons unknown, Steve provides "deceitful" images
on Verizon/T-Mobile coverage which are knowingly doctored & erroneous.
d. Ignorance
Example abound of the hoi polloi iOS owner being "ignorant" of
how well and for how long Android now updates over iOS.
e. Mistakes
This case above is my "mistake" in that I thought you said something,
when, in fact, we had independently agreed on every point you made.

While some of our personal disagreements were the result of "clarity" and
"mistakes", the wonderful thing about our relationship (yes, I know you
dislike me intensely) is that NONE of our disagreements (to my knowledge)
have been the result of "duplicity", "deceit" or "ignorance".

Which is as it should be.
(no reciprocal response expected)
--
Posted in permanent Usenet archives noting I did update the "wrong" thread.
*Updating the "wrong - by badgolferman" thread from May 29, 2019*

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Access to Android Data folder?