From: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: branson set to pip bezos to be first bnaire space tourist
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 00:21:13 +1000
 by: MrPostin...@kymhorsell.com - Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:21 UTC

Last news was flight is delayed due to tropical storm.
It's being covered live.

Richard Branson ready to make space tourist flight
112.internationa, 11 Jul 2021 13:58Z
UK businessman Richard Branson is about to realise a lifetime's ambition by
flying to the edge of space, BBC reports. He'll ...

Richard Branson's Choice Of Transport To Spaceship Launch Pad - A Bicycle
NDTV, 11 Jul 2021 14:10Z
British bnaire Richard Branson prepared on Sun to climb into his
Virgin Galactic passenger rocket plane and soar more ...

--
Upcoming events:
9 Jul 2021 NOAA bn Dollar Disasters Q2

New York City warned `climate change is here' as storm floods streets and subway
The Guardian on MSN.com, 10 Jul 2021
Commuters forced to wade through filthy water as mayoral favourite Eric
Adams says: `This cannot be New York' ...

Victoria to close border to NSW and ACT as COVID outbreak worsens
ABC News, 11 Jul 2021 06:53Z
The Victorian Dept of Health says with case numbers continuing to
increase in New South Wales, it is concerned about the risk of transmission
beyond current red zones in Greater Sydney and its surrounds.

Covid Now Infecting Mostly Younger People In Los Angeles; 83% Of New Cases
Under 50 Years Old
Deadline, 11 Jul 2021 05:44Z

VIDEO: Woman duct-taped to seat after attacking American Airlines crew
Business Insider, 11 Jul 2021 10:42Z

Autotrophs Abound in Arctic Waters
NASA, 10 Jul 2021 22:40Z
In research published in 2017, scientists reported that summer pulses of
freshwater from melting glaciers along Greenland's southwest coast often
coincide with phytoplankton blooms.

[Sooo Cooold!]
Wildfires spark evacuations in 3 US states and Canada amid heat wave
ampAxios, 11 Jul 2021 06:39Z

California burns as staggering high temperature of 54C recorded in Death Valley
ABC News, 11 Jul 2021 0:38Z
Firefighters struggle to contain an exploding northern California fire under
blazing temperatures as another heat wave hits the US west.

'Last place on earth where it should be used': Roundup approved for use in
World Heritage-listed Wet Tropics region
ABC Far North, 11 Jul 2021 01:35Z
The Wet Tropics Management Authority gives permission for local councils to
use the weedkiller in the World Heritage-listed region.

How many atoms are in the observable universe?
Livescience.com, 10 Jul 2021 11:38Z
The number of protons, neutrons and electrons an atom has determines which
element it belongs to on the periodic table and ...

Death Valley Hits 130 Degrees as Heat Wave Sweeps the West
The New York Times, 10 Jul 2021 20:28Z
[Ties for hottest on earth].

Scientists on a mission to feed astronauts bound for Mars
ABC/Landline, 10 Jul 2021 20:42Z
Designing food for space was once the stuff of science fiction movies but
scientists in South Australia are now doing just that.

[Data War!]
Data, not arms, the key driver in emerging US-China cold war
The Guardian, 10 Jul 2021 10:29Z
The emerging cold war between Beijing and Washington is less about
traditional arms than about data - gathering, aggregating, analyzing and
making maximum use of ...

Climate Change Causing More Than 5 Million Deaths Annually, Says New Study
The Debrief, 7 Jul 2021
A just published study says nearly 5.1 mn extra deaths a year can
be attributed to the global effects of climate change.

Sonic boom jolts Southern California after Sierra Nevada quake
Los Angeles Times, 09 Jul 2021 19:51Z
A quake in SoCal? No - a sonic boom, seismologists say. A map shows the site
of the sonic boom, in San Dimas, and where ...
[Bill? Ted?]

UFOs are an intriguing science problem; Congress must act accordingly
The Hill on MSN.com, 08 Jul 2021 21:31Z
"Lack of wings and lack of evident means of propulsion clearly rule out
conventional aircraft and helicopters. Many are ...

Military exercise in the Black Sea 2021 attracted the attention of UFO
Newsflare, 04 Jul 2021 17:33Z
On the day of the beginning of the military exercises, which are
taking place near the city of Odessa, next to which I live, I noticed
something in the sky. The object caught my attention because it ...

Solar flare hits Earth and disrupts tech - NASA confirms the strongest
flare in 4 years
Daily Express, 04 Jul 2021 17:33Z
A STREAM of radiation from the biggest solar flare seen in years was
responsible for a tech blackout this weekend, ...

Re: branson set to pip bezos to be first bnaire space tourist

<scgum2$93b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3548&group=alt.astronomy#3548

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 18:32:01 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 08:32 UTC

MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote on 12/7/21 12:21 am:
> Last news was flight is delayed due to tropical storm.
> It's being covered live.
>

> Richard Branson ready to make space tourist flight
> 112.internationa, 11 Jul 2021 13:58Z
> UK businessman Richard Branson is about to realise a lifetime's ambition by
> flying to the edge of space, BBC reports. He'll ...

I recall a news report, in the last week or so, where Bezos was going to
make a sub-orbital flight with an elderly woman.

I had previously heard Bezos was going up with his brother. No mention
about the brother in this latest report!!

One wonders what would be the effect on Space Tourism if any of these
people were to suffer a Heart Attack or similar during launch/flight!!
--
Daniel

Re: branson set to pip bezos to be first bnaire space tourist

<schq6102586@news2.newsguy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3549&group=alt.astronomy#3549

From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:21:21 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:21 UTC

On 7/11/2021 7:21 AM, MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com wrote:
> Last news was flight is delayed due to tropical storm.
> It's being covered live.
>

> Richard Branson ready to make space tourist flight
> 112.internationa, 11 Jul 2021 13:58Z
> UK businessman Richard Branson is about to realise a lifetime's ambition by
> flying to the edge of space, BBC reports. He'll ...
>
> Richard Branson's Choice Of Transport To Spaceship Launch Pad - A Bicycle
> NDTV, 11 Jul 2021 14:10Z
> British bnaire Richard Branson prepared on Sun to climb into his
> Virgin Galactic passenger rocket plane and soar more ...

from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Moses

Quotes
“One of the things that I believe in is that if a greater slice
of humanity can experience spaceflight, it will translate to
untold benefits and changes on Earth. What if every world leader
saw Earth from space? It might be a more gentle, kind planet.”[8]

"After countless projects, I can say this: engineering persistence
trumps personal, cultural, or gender factors. In modern global
human aerospace, it really doesn’t matter what you look like.
Or where your parents lived. Or even what native language you
grew up with. What does matter is your engineering skill, common
sense, courtesy, persistence, and dedication to the shared mission."[9]