Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot. -- Oliver Elphick

tech / alt.astronomy / Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

SubjectAuthor
* A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?a425couple
`* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?R Kym Horsell
 +- Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?a425couple
 +- Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - Lynna425couple
 `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?a425couple
  `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -a425couple
   `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's viewJeff Hill
    +- Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -D
    `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -Daniel65
     `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's viewJeff Hill
      +- Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -D
      `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -Daniel65
       `* Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's viewJeff Hill
        `- Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? -D

1
A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?

<aFShJ.81330$IW4.10799@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3707&group=alt.astronomy#3707

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 07:54:50 -0800
 by: a425couple - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 15:54 UTC

Interesting enough views, with some facts and opinions.
The really long time periods, fit best
with astronomy.
Go to the original Quora for charts and graphs

David Miller
Former Former Faculty, Department Chair and Advisor at Various Colleges
and Universities (1982–2015) Updated Oct 31

Can we really stop global warming at this point, after all of the damage
we've done?
Remember back when we were in an ice age and most of the upper US and
Canada were covered with ice? Well, granted it was before your time, but
it really wasn’t that long ago, only 20,000 years ago. Do you want to
return to that time? Do you REALLY? Why? That period wasn’t very good
for animals, nor plants. Mammals including humans evolved during warmer
periods in Earth’s history, not colder periods. So too the tropical rain
forests.

Take a good look at a chart of earth’s temperatures over the past 18,000
years as we emerged from the ice age. Look at the very sharp rise in
temperatures at around 11,000 and 8,000 BC and the overall rise from
16,000 BC to 4,000 BC. Funny thing about that, isn’t it? It all happened
WITHOUT humans burning any fossil fuels, no cars, no power plants.

Now lets look at an even longer period of time, the past 500 MILLION
years. What you should notice on the chart is that Earth’s temperature
has gone up and down CONSTANTLY over this period and indeed for the
entire 4.5 Billion years it has existed. If you really want to stop
warming, cooling and change, you’d have to stop the earth’s rotation,
stop its orbit… you’d literally necessarily destroy the earth in the
process.

It’s popular among envirotrolls and the media to blame humanity for the
warming of the earth, but even if you kill every human on earth TODAY,
CO2 levels will STILL fluctuate due to such things as wobbles in earth’s
orbit, forest fires caused by lightning, volcanoes, permafrost warming,
animal respiration and many other factors, and the warming trend that
started 20,000 years ago will do its own thing as the earth has seen so
many times before. And if you WERE successful in stopping all the
sources of CO2, I’ll remind you that all the plants would consequently
die; that’s what they breathe and need in order to live.

27K viewsView 573 upvotesView 10 shares
5 comments from
Anthony Caputo
and more

Anthony Caputo
September 29
It is also worth noting that prior to human activity earth was
perilously close to a mass extinction event as one of the primary
methods of plant photosynthesis was nearing its minimum CO2
concentration point. If we had gone much lower many plant species that
used that method (the majority, in fact) would have died off as they
would have had no way to produce enough biomass to sustain themselves.

Human activity boosted CO2 concentration up well above the danger zone,
but notably not up to a level that achieves maximum production rates for
plant biomass in those species. This means that there is still room for
growth -as in literal plant growth- as CO2 concentrations continue to
rise. More CO2 means a more productive biosphere, and we are seeing this
wherever we care to look.

I am not sure about everyone else here, but suffering through another
mass extinction nearly on par with the great oxidation event is not my
idea of a good time.

David Miller
October 2
Yes indeed. Why aren’t “environmentalists” crying for the many species
that died out during that last cold period BEFORE human activity, that
mass extinction event that killed off most large mammals including
Mastodons and Saber-Toothed Tigers? What a selective memory.

Old Buzzard Keith
September 30
First you need to understand that there is no such thing as man made
Global Warming. The idea that if I send in more money to Politicians and
Government so they can control weather is stupid.

But follow the money. The cash for colleges goes to those that sell this
story. I’m 70, I can go to the ocean and see the places I played where I
was 5. They are the same today. No freezing, No fiery death, nothing,
just weather.

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?

<sm8v8f$1u3u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3708&group=alt.astronomy#3708

From: kym...@kymhorsell.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2021 16:35:28 -0000 (UTC)
 by: R Kym Horsell - Sun, 7 Nov 2021 16:35 UTC

In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting enough views, with some facts and opinions.
> The really long time periods, fit best
> with astronomy.
> Go to the original Quora for charts and graphs
> David Miller
> Former Former Faculty, Department Chair and Advisor at Various Colleges
> and Universities (1982-2015) Updated Oct 31
> Can we really stop global warming at this point, after all of the damage
> we've done?
> Remember back when we were in an ice age and most of the upper US and
> Canada were covered with ice? Well, granted it was before your time, but
> it really wasn't that long ago, only 20,000 years ago. Do you want to

I'm sorry. This is a mish-mash and pretty much just a reiteration
of all the illiterate climate denial talking points of the past 50y.

"I cain hab kilt my wif yer honna! Ladies was dying befour eye was
eben born. How kin I be responsibl?"

"Ifn G*d had wanted us to stop punchin ourselbs inna face, He
wood had showd us how to stop dooin it!".

And similar.

Gas molecules with more than 2 atoms have the ability to
interact with IR radiation. So-called greenhouse gases in the atm
reflect back some tiny persent of the IR radiation coming up from
the earth. The sun is at 5000K and by radiation rules everyone in
alt.astro should know must therefore radiate EM around the visible
spectrum. The earth is at 300K and therefore must radiate EM
around the infrared.

At the earth sunlight is hitting us at around 1000 W/m2 of the.
Left to itself Earth would radiate 1000 W/m2 back to space and
stabilize at less than 0C. Luckily for us the small amount of GHG in
the atm fold back some of that so the planet is actually around 30C
warmer.

Natural processes have maintained this setup for at least the last 10
million years modulo orbital changes winning out every now and then
to drop the avg temp 5K and put the earth in a major glaciation
around every 100ky.

Around 150y ago the Industrial Revolution started pump another GHG
into the atm in increasing quantities. CO2 started at 280 ppmv
150y back and had been at that level for 100s of 1000s of years prior.
(Air samples are trapped in polar ice and we have a record
going back ~1 mn years at present).

Currently CO2 is at around 420 ppmv and headed higher around 2-3 ppmv
per year. We're putting around 40 Gt of CO2 into the air and water
with our various activities.

If the previous level of GHG resulted in a non-frozen earth around
15K above freezing, we can calculate double that should raise
the temp around another 3K. We can measure it's up around 1K over
the past 150y.

We can tell it's not termite breath or volcanic CO2 because it
has the isotopic fingerprint of fossil carbon. Carbon
out of termites or other animals is high in C13 because biological
processes prefer slightly to latch onto C12. CO2 out of volcanoes
is low in C14 because radio cabon decays over time, but it has
normal levels of C13 (about 1% of the total). Fossil fuels were
made from dead plants and animals and is low in C14 and low in C13.
When we look at the ratios of C13/C12 and C14/C12 we see both
have been declining in the past 150y (those trapped air bubbles in ice
again) and the curve exactly corresponds with the levels of
emitted CO2 from fossil burning that have grown from near 0
in the mid 19th cent to around 40 Gt CO2 now.

The case is pretty much wrapped up who is responsible and how.

The only question is are we smart enough to stop punching ourselves in
the face or will some small percent of the species that has benefitted
financially from the current status quo bamboozle the rest enough
to prevent anyone figuring out how to stop it.

It would have been easier 30y ago to hit the brakes and stop the
car hitting the wall. Having left it until the last possible second --
like usual -- to do anything means we can not avoid hitting the wall
but at least have the ability to hit it at a sub-lethal speed.

The current climate denial talking points try to convince us
there is no point to hit the brakes. Hitting the wall at 100 mph
is the same as hitting it at 50 mph they say.

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? Pastwatch

<8nYiJ.41305$Ql5.38511@fx39.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3717&group=alt.astronomy#3717

Pastwatch
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:14:11 -0800
 by: a425couple - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 23:14 UTC

On 11/7/2021 8:35 AM, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting enough views, with some facts and opinions.
>> The really long time periods, fit best
>> with astronomy.
>> Go to the original Quora for charts and graphs
>> David Miller
>> Former Former Faculty, Department Chair and Advisor at Various Colleges
>> and Universities (1982-2015) Updated Oct 31
>> Can we really stop global warming at this point, after all of the damage
>> we've done?
>> Remember back when we were in an ice age and most of the upper US and
>> Canada were covered with ice? Well, granted it was before your time, but
>> it really wasn't that long ago, only 20,000 years ago. Do you want to
>
> I'm sorry. This is a mish-mash and pretty much just a reiteration
> of all

OK

Fair amount a change of subject.
Did you ever read
Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus
by Orson Scott Card ?

This book seems fairly unconnected to those who
are upset about Card's religion. Try it.

It starts after great human disaster, dawn of 23rd century,
they think the earth is now healing, and humanity is
recovering.
Opps, they were optimistic too soon, the damage was
irreversible, all are doomed, so really not much
to lose to go back in time and totally alter it all!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40293.Pastwatch

one reviewer writes this:

Joe Valdez
Nov 22, 2014Joe Valdez rated it really liked it ·
Shelves: sci-fi-time-travel
The next stop in my time travel marathon was Pastwatch: The Redemption
of Christopher Columbus, the 1996 novel by Orson Scott Card. This was my
introduction to Card, one of the more prolific science fiction authors
working; his Ender saga alone equals the flex of most writers out there.
Pastwatch was rumored to be the beginning of a series, and with the
attention to both character and history, as well as dedication to a
rousing good tale, I couldn't be more excited to visit this world again.

Pastwatch begins at the dawn of the 23rd century. Mankind has stepped
back from the brink of destruction to unite in the restoration of the
earth's resources. Agriculture has eliminated hunger. Education has
uplifted the minds and futures of the youth. Science has given the world
the Tempoview, a machine that permits the members of Pastwatch to
observe history. Pastwatch has no ability to alter the past, only to
view it, study it, document lives that will prevent mankind from making
the same mistakes over and over again.

Tagiri is a historian who has used to Tempoview to trace her ancestors
back seven generations to a mountainous village in Africa. Tagiri begins
to follow the lives of the village's women in reverse, from death to
birth, a method that takes her from the misery of one of her subjects to
its cause: the abduction of the woman's son by a slaver. Tagiri later
makes an even more alarming discovery when one of her subjects relates a
dream of being watched by a dark woman seven generations in the future.
This indicates that Pastwatch might not be as neutral as believed.

It is Tagiri's theory that the genocide of the New World began with the
return of Christopher Columbus to Spain, where he made extravagant
promises of gold and spices he had not actually found on his maiden
voyage. Tagiri's colleague Hassan is promoted to what becomes known as
The Columbus Project, a study to determine what exactly led Columbus to
cross the Atlantic in the first place and whether his discovery might be
stopped. Tagiri and Hassan marry and have a daughter, Diko, who grows up
observing scenes of Columbus' life so often she comes to regard him as
an uncle.

The novel forks off to trace the rise of Columbus, son of a Genovese
weaver, born without wealth or title. He watches his tradesman father
disrespected by the gentleman class and becomes obsessed with the
procurement of gold to alter his family's fortunes. Learning everything
he can about marine travel, charts and navigation, Columbus achieves
some notoriety for exhibiting bravery and surviving a pirate attack on a
convoy to Flanders. He improves his social standing by taking as wife
the daughter of the late governor of Porto Santo, the homely Felipa
Moniz. Columbus neglects her and their son to focus on his true passion:
achieving his destiny by crossing the Atlantic.

Diko becomes so skilled at using the latest in Pastwatch technology, the
TruSite II, that she locates the moment in history Columbus decided to
cross the Atlantic. After being shipwrecked by the pirates, he
experiences a prophetic vision in the form of the Holy Trinity. The
spirit speaks to Columbus, instructing him to sail westward. "There are
great kingdoms there, rich in gold and powerful in armies. They have
never heard the name of my Only Begotten, and they die unbaptized. It is
my will that you carry salvation to them, and bring back the wealth of
these lands."

With Diko's alarming discovery, two additional researchers join the
Columbus Project. Kemal is a Turkish meteorologist who used the
Tempoview to study historic sea level rise; this led him to the Red Sea,
where Kemal traced the origins of both the Noah myth and the legend of
Atlantis. He begins studying the rise of civilization in Mesoamerica
when he learns of Tagiri's research into stopping slavery. Hunahpu is a
Mayan historian whose thesis that a great civilization was on the rise
in the Caribbean -- until the arrival of Columbus -- proves unpopular
with his colleagues, except for Diko.

She believes that Columbus' prophetic vision and his obsession with
sailing west was hardly divine but the work of some alternate version of
Pastwatch, which reached back in time and tampered with history, perhaps
to avert the conquest of Europe by the bloodthirsty tribes of
Mesoamerica. While this might have spared war in Europe, the alternate
history enslaved the indigenous people of the New World, a historical
evil that The Columbus Project seeks to atone for. While Columbus
campaigns the court of Queen Isabella for a charter across the Atlantic,
Diko, Hunahpu and Kemal volunteer to be sent back to stop him from
succeeding, at least, succeeding as history recorded it. As a result,
they will destroy the present and everyone left behind in it.

Pastwatch is science fiction first and foremost, historical fiction
second and maybe thriller much, much further down the line. In spite of
this, I was enthralled by the novel and once the time travelers meet
Columbus and begin alternating history, our history, I couldn't flip the
pages fast enough.

The novel started off fuzzy for me. I found it difficult to get a handle
on exactly what was happening in the 23rd century, who all these
characters with the strange names were. Even the conceit of Pastwatch --
with monitors that "see" into the past -- seemed sketchy to me.

What makes the novel so spellbinding are the characters. Card does an
outstanding job of populating his future trek with compelling human
beings, scientists cut with passion and intelligence that I was able to
relate to throughout. It was refreshing to find two African women and a
Mayan and Turk featured so prominently -- there's nary a white man
around. I was also surprised by how compelling the historical scenes
were. Without the benefit of tech and with the outcome already known by
history, Card devotes just as much energy to the launch of the Nina, the
Pinta and the Santa Maria, a mission of discovery that parallels the
efforts of Pastwatch 700 years in the future.

I felt that the mechanisms for time travel might've been explained
better and that it took too long for the time travelers to physically
arrive in the past, but I did enjoy the cutting back and forth between
science and historical fiction. Rather than blasting off into the Delta
Quadrant, the drama is intertwined in the genocide and injustices of the
past. And the speculation that Card gives in to late to build a history
where the "discovery" of the New World turned it much differently, and
much more beneficial, for all interested parties, was a pleasure to
read. (less)
flag18 likes · Like · see review

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - Lynn White

<9GYiJ.45534$JZ3.14553@fx05.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3718&group=alt.astronomy#3718

Subject: Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - Lynn
White
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:34:28 -0800
 by: a425couple - Wed, 10 Nov 2021 23:34 UTC

On 11/7/2021 8:35 AM, R Kym Horsell wrote:
> In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Interesting enough views, with some facts and opinions.
>> The really long time periods, fit best
>> with astronomy.
>> Go to the original Quora for charts and graphs
>> David Miller
>> Former Former Faculty, Department Chair and Advisor at Various Colleges
>> and Universities (1982-2015) Updated Oct 31
>> Can we really stop global warming at this point, after all of the damage
>> we've done?
>> Remember back when we were in an ice age and most of the upper US and
>> Canada were covered with ice? Well, granted it was before your time, but
>> it really wasn't that long ago, only 20,000 years ago. Do you want to
>
> I'm sorry. This is a mish-mash and pretty much just a reiteration
> of all the ---
>
> "Ifn G*d had wanted us to stop punchin ourselbs inna face, He
> wood had showd us how to stop dooin it!".
>
> And similar.

Interesting that you bring up God, for religion
does indeed (IMHO) play a role in humans developing
and using the planet for their advancement.
Those who think there is a sacred spirit in every
tree, hill, or creek, were not the ones that
did the developments that made the West Rich!

from
https://history.sfsu.edu/sites/default/files/EPF/2015/2011_Emily%20Warde.pdf

CHRISTIANITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT: THE
LYNN WHITE CONTROVERSY
Emily Warde

“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and
multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion
over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every
living thing that moveth upon the earth.” (Genesis 1:28)

IN 1966 the historian Lynn White, Jr. delivered an address to the
American Association for the Advancement of Science in which he
bluntly asserted that Christianity “bears a huge burden of guilt for the
devastation of nature in which the West has been engaged for
centuries.” The address was published as an article in the journal
Science in 1967. White’s work was controversial in academic and
theological circles, and its impact even extended into popular culture.
His ideas inspired a vibrant and long-lasting debate, and many
scholars subsequently weighed in — some supporting, some revising,
and others rejecting the White thesis. Although White first intro
duced his thesis in 1966, the debate surrounding his ideas became
most notable in the early 19705, spurred on by the prominence of the
environmental question in this era. Scholars faced with a surge in
concern for the environment in society at large, in their search for the
intellectual roots of the crisis, necessarily encountered the White
thesis. Although interest in the White argument extended into the
198os and in fact continues in the present, I am concerned here with
this earlier era, especially as exemplified by the publication of Ecology
and Religion in History in 1974, a book devoted entirely to a scholarly
response to White. The editors of this volume, David and Eileen
Spring, argued that by 1974, “to discuss religion and ecology in history

Ernest L. Fortin, “The Bible Made Me Do It: Christianity, Science, and

is largely to discuss the Lynn White thesis.”2 They held that as a result
of the White article, “there has been a candid rethinking of Christian
doctrine.”3
White himself was a devout Christian, and he intended his article
not as a general attack on Christianity, but as a criticism of a particu
lar strain of Christian thought which he saw as the source of western
environmental degradation. However, Christian theologians saw the
White thesis as a powerful critique of modern Christianity, and many
felt compelled to respond. Historians, biblical scholars, and even
ecologists participated in the debate. This essay will examine Lynn
White’s thesis and the intellectual debate it engendered. I

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point?

<p1xkJ.29996$IB7.8509@fx02.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3720&group=alt.astronomy#3720

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 09:45:56 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 17:45 UTC

----snip

> The case is pretty much wrapped up who is responsible and how.
>
> The only question is are we smart enough to stop punching ourselves in
> the face or will some small percent of the species that has benefitted
> financially from the current status quo bamboozle the rest enough
> to prevent anyone figuring out how to stop it.

So, Kym,
you seem to have gone silent.

Do you think the Democratic Billionaire John Kerry
is right in praising the 'COP 26' finished product ?

John Kerry: ‘You can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good’

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<ovxkJ.42609$ya3.24266@fx38.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3721&group=alt.astronomy#3721

bigdog's view
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 10:17:55 -0800
 by: a425couple - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 18:17 UTC

On 11/15/2021 9:45 AM, a425couple wrote:
> On 11/7/2021 8:35 AM, R Kym Horsell wrote:
>> In alt.astronomy a425couple <a425couple@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Interesting enough views, with some facts and opinions.
>>> The really long time periods, fit best
>>> with astronomy.
>>> Go to the original Quora for charts and graphs
>>> David Miller
>>> Former Former Faculty, Department Chair and Advisor at Various Colleges
>>> and Universities (1982-2015) Updated Oct 31
>>> Can we really stop global warming at this point, after all of the damage
>>> we've done?
>>> Remember back when we were in an ice age and most of the upper US and
>>> Canada were covered with ice? Well, granted it was before your time, but
>>> it really wasn't that long ago, only 20,000 years ago. Do you want to
>>
>> I'm sorry. This is a mish-mash and pretty much just a reiteration
>> of all the illiterate climate denial talking points of the past 50y.
>>
> ----snip
>>
>> The case is pretty much wrapped up who is responsible and how.
>>
>> The only question is are we smart enough to stop punching ourselves in
>> the face or will some small percent of the species that has benefitted
>> financially from the current status quo bamboozle the rest enough
>> to prevent anyone figuring out how to stop it.
>>

> So, Kym,
> you seem to have gone silent.
>
> Do you think the Democratic Billionaire John Kerry
> is right in praising the 'COP 26' finished product ?
>
> John Kerry: ‘You can’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good’

How about bigdog's view!! ??

On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 2:03:01 AM UTC-5, kensi wrote:
> Activists staged a walkout in response to late decisions made by
> negotiators to severely weaken commitments:

https://truthout.org/video/climate-activists-say-loopholes-in-cop26-pact-make-mockery-of-negotiations/

Can't you figure out that world leaders are just jerking off
the climate activists. They are finger fucking Greta.
They don't believe their own bullshit. They are going to pretend
to deal with climate change while continuing to govern.
Climate change is a phony crisis that doesn't need to be dealt with.
It has been going on for 4.5 billion years ago. The earth was
warmer just 8000 years ago. Melting glaciers and rising
sea levels are not a crisis. Newsflash: glacial melt and
rising seas isn't something new. It began 20,000 years ago
when there was mile thick ice sheet covering the higher latitudes
of North America. Most of that ice has now melted away into the seas.
Should we expect that the glacial melting should suddenly stop
just because we like things they way they are now. The only way
you can choose the climate you like is to move to where the
climate is the way you like it. The rest of us will have to
do what humans have always done. Adapt to whatever the
changing conditions bring.

(Do you think Democratic Billionaire John Kerry
enjoyed his private plane flight back home ?? HEH! )

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<m506pg9mggt47ajv4nh26f4n7mra9dt6uh@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3722&group=alt.astronomy#3722

From: jeffjeff...@gmail.com (Jeff Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Subject: Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:00:25 +1100
 by: Jeff Hill - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:00 UTC

Dear All,

Most people are intellectually lazy, in my humble people.

I prefer to state that we must stop talking about problems with global
warming, because:

The problems are caused by over-population.

The insanely enormous populations of china and vietnam and india and
russia must be reduced by ninety five percent, or more.

African must become a nature reserve, as far as the gaza / israel
border, human habitation forbidden.

The chinese communist party showed us the way, when they recently
propagated the results of their biological weapons experiments.

I pray, for the good of the human race, that we opponents of communism
have something similar which targets THEM in the same way that they
lately targetted US.

Jeff Hill, Sydney, Australia.

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<be65c6004dbebaa793fbae5aead4e76c@dizum.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3723&group=alt.astronomy#3723

From: J...@M (D)
bigdog's view
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 02:17:08 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
 by: D - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 01:17 UTC

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 12:00:25 +1100, Jeff Hill <jeffjeff.hillhill@gmail.com> wrote:
>we opponents of communism

"White eyes", Christians, the world's foremost hypocrites that ever lived.
Christianity was invented by Romans. Even their Latin Cross is the symbol
of devils.

"vos ex patre diabolo estis et desideria
you are of your father the diabolical one to be, and the desires of

patris vestri vultis facere ille homicida
the father yours you are volitive to do. he was a murderer

erat ab initio et in veritate non stetit quia
to be initially, and in verity not he is standing because

non est veritas in eo cum
not to be veritable he is in the way he is walking. when

loquitur mendacium ex propriis loquitur quia
he is speaking a mendacity, out of propriety he is speaking because

mendax est et pater eius"
mendacious he is to be, and is the father of it.

--Iohannes 8:44, editio Vulgata, 405 anno Domini

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<sn034q$7l3$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3724&group=alt.astronomy#3724

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
bigdog's view
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:02:50 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 11:02 UTC

Jeff Hill wrote on 16/11/21 12:00 pm:
> Dear All,
>
> Most people are intellectually lazy, in my humble people.
>
> I prefer to state that we must stop talking about problems with global
> warming, because:
>
> The problems are caused by over-population.
>
> The insanely enormous populations of china and vietnam and india and
> russia must be reduced by ninety five percent, or more.

China and India could do with some reduction, maybe. China's "One Child
Policy" was supposed to have reduced China's population, but it seems to
only have reduced its rate of increase!

Vietnam and Russia, I don't know about, but, if you are going to include
Russia, surely you'd also have to include the U.S. of A. in that
grouping, too, wouldn't you??

--
Daniel, Broadford, Victoria, Australia!

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<mm38pghp1k9719rd8os35dufc3i3jp9k9d@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3725&group=alt.astronomy#3725

From: jeffjeff...@gmail.com (Jeff Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 07:22:36 +1100
 by: Jeff Hill - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 20:22 UTC

Good-day, Daniel65,

I reckon that the USA should stabilise where it is now -- their 300+
million folk are mostly good-hearted folk. The three billion chinese,
half a billion vietcong, half a billion moslem africans, and 400+
million russian communists, are not good folk, and they are only a
damned waste of space and resources.

We in the West need to quickly become space-faring, which is difficult
to do when we are two minutes from nuclear war with china over a large
number of things, two minutes from a shooting war with dictator
putin's dopey russian and belarussian slaves over the Polish border
invasion.

The second we Westerners can become space-faring and hence ensure the
survival of the Western human race, then we could abandon Earth to the
slavic dickheads and asiatic slopeheads and african islamic cannibals,
and perhaps trick them into smashing and annihilating one another. Who
cares?

Throughout human distory, there have always been energetic
good-hearted peoples, and there have always been plenty of wretches
who are lazy terrorists intent on destroying the West because of
jealousy and greed -- they want what the West has because of its
intelligence and energy, they demand an enormous share of whatever the
West can achieve, and cheat and lie and engage in warfare to get it.

Today the wretches are engaging in the sick hostility of
overpopulation. India promises to stop its 2 billion people burning
coal -- that is, if the West gifts India with a trillion dollars in
the next few years, otherwise the noble Indians have promised to
continue doing what they're doing, and will fuck the Earth in order to
spite the miserly West.

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<fd5d0af3e0bcfba4097af5b0ca8dadc5@dizum.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3726&group=alt.astronomy#3726

From: J...@M (D)
bigdog's view
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 22:20:16 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
 by: D - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:20 UTC

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021 07:22:36 +1100, Jeff Hill <jeffjeff.hillhill@gmail.com> wrote:
>their 300+
>million folk are mostly

"White eyes", Romans, Christians, antichrists, materialists, mammon-worshippers
have ruled their universal Empire with an iron fist. To borrow from Apocalypsis
"Who is similar to the (invincible)beast, and who will be able to be pugnacious
with it?" According to the New Testament gospel, not even Jesus had that power:

"respondit Iesus regnum meum non est de
responded Jesus The kingdom of me not is of

mundo hoc si ex hoc mundo esset
the world this. if because of this world to exist

regnum meum ministri mei decertarent
the kingdom of me, ministers mine would fight

ut non traderer Iudaeis
in order that not me to trade to the Judaists

nunc autem meum regnum non est
presently, but of me the kingdom not is

hinc itaque dixit itaque ei Pilatus ergo
from here. said therefore to him Pilate Then

rex es tu. respondit Iesus tu dicis
a king to be you. responded Jesus You are saying

quia rex sum ego ego in hoc natus
because a king to be me. I in this place native

sum et ad hoc veni in mundum
to be, and for this cause came I into the world,

ut testimonium perhibeam veritati
to give the testimony I am presenting in verity.

omnis qui est ex veritate audit
Everyone who is out of verity they are audient

meam vocem dicit ei Pilatus quid est
of my voice. is saying to him Pilate What is

veritas et cum hoc dixisset iterum
verity. and when this was said, iteratively

exivit ad Iudaeos et dicit eis
exited him toward the Judaists and said to them

ego nullam invenio in eo causam"
Me not any I am finding in him fault.

--Iohannes 18:36-38, editio Vulgata

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<so2529$b4r$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3735&group=alt.astronomy#3735

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
bigdog's view
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:04:08 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:04 UTC

Jeff Hill wrote on 17/11/21 7:22 am:
> Good-day, Daniel65,
>
> I reckon that the USA should stabilise where it is now -- their 300+
> million folk are mostly good-hearted folk. The three billion chinese,
> half a billion vietcong, half a billion moslem africans, and 400+
> million russian communists, are not good folk, and they are only a
> damned waste of space and resources.

Let me guess, Jeff .... You are a Yank!!

> We in the West need to quickly become space-faring, which is difficult
> to do when we are two minutes from nuclear war with china over a large
> number of things, two minutes from a shooting war with dictator
> putin's dopey russian and belarussian slaves over the Polish border
> invasion.
>
> The second we Westerners can become space-faring and hence ensure the
> survival of the Western human race, then we could abandon Earth to the
> slavic dickheads and asiatic slopeheads and african islamic cannibals,
> and perhaps trick them into smashing and annihilating one another. Who
> cares?

Let me amend my guess, Jeff .... You are a Racist Yank.

--
Daniel

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<k1kcqgd733ell8m82rjv8v5h91e3cj4hbl@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3736&group=alt.astronomy#3736

From: jeffjeff...@gmail.com (Jeff Hill)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,alt.books.arthur-clarke
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 03:37:27 +1100
 by: Jeff Hill - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 16:37 UTC

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:04:08 +1100, Daniel65
<daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:

>Let me guess, Jeff .... You are a Yank!!

>Let me amend my guess, Jeff .... You are a Racist Yank.

No one can predict the future, mate, but, if the Chinese continue to
release the toxic results of their biological weapons experiments, and
eventually get it right, and find something that wipes out
non-Chinese, or if Russia invades Ukraine next week and initiates
another disastrous cold war, and if Belarussia initiates conflict with
Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia, and deposits hundreds of thousands of
entirely unwanted iraqi and syrian wouldbe migrants via those
countries into Europe, then would I and Biden and Morrison and even
you be "racists" if we complained of this behaviour consistent with
what is expected from "subhumans", not from civilised people?

In other respects, I am not a yank, although I wear a MAGA hat to
annoy the noisy and profoundly intellectually lazy leftists of the
western world.

Re: A Quora - Can we really stop global warming at this point? - bigdog's view

<e207f6d92c21b40dc660e84793a3ede7@dizum.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/tech/article-flat.php?id=3737&group=alt.astronomy#3737

From: J...@M (D)
bigdog's view
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:42:24 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
 by: D - Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:42 UTC

On Wed, 01 Dec 2021 03:37:27 +1100, Jeff Hill <jeffjeff.hillhill@gmail.com> wrote:
>Morrison

"The End
(c)1967
The Doors
Jim Morrison
Ray Manzarek
Robby Krieger
John Densmore
Elektra Records

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes again

Can you picture what will be?
So limitless and free
Desperately in need
Of some stranger's hand
In a desperate land

Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

There's danger on the edge of town
Ride the King's Highway, baby
Weird scenes inside the gold mine
Ride the highway west, baby
Ride the snake, ride the snake
To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
The snake, he's long, seven miles
Ride the snake
He's old and his skin is cold
The west is the best
The west is the best
Get here and we'll do the rest
The blue bus is calling us
The blue bus is calling us
Driver, where you taking us?

The killer awoke before dawn
He put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door
And he looked inside
'Father?' 'Yes, son?' 'I want to kill you'
'Mother? 'I want to...fuck you all night long, baby'

Come on baby, take a chance with us
Come on baby, take a chance with us
Come on baby, take a chance with us
And meet me at the back of the blue bus
Of the blue bus, on the blue bus, on the blue bus
Come on yeah
Fuck, fuck-ah, yeah
Fuck, fuck
Fuck, fuck
Fuck, fuck, fuck yeah!
Come on baby, come on baby
Fuck me baby, fuck yeah
Woah
Fuck, fuck, fuck, yes!
Fuck, yeah, come on baby
Fuck me baby, fuck fuck
Woah, woah, woah, yeah
Fuck yeah, do it, yeah
Come on!
Huh, huh, huh, huh, yeah
Alright
Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But you'll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die
This is the end"

James Douglas Morrison was born to George Stephen & Clara Virginia
Clarke-Morrison at the local Brevard Hospital on 1250 South Harbor
City Boulevard (80W36:28,28N05:19) Melbourne, Florida on Wednesday
December 8, 1943 at 11:55 AM EWT(AA/BC). Nearby, 2100 Vernon Place
(80W36:25,28N04:39) & Naval Air Station marker (80W37:50,28N05:30).